The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#125960 - 08/18/07 01:06 PM Lexapro
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
A friend of mine has been taking 5mg. of Lexapro for about a year and a half. She is trying to get off of it, gradually, but is experiencing withdrawl that is rather nasty. Does anyone have any experience with this? I told her I would check in with you girls. Thanks.

#125961 - 08/18/07 07:19 PM Re: Lexapro [Re: hotflashgal]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Is this an anti-depressant? All I know is when I wanted to get of Zoloft, I went away for a week stopped taking it and took Ativan everytime I got into a panic.

That worked for me and I managed to wean myself off of them without too much of a problem.
Kate

#125962 - 08/18/07 08:09 PM Re: Lexapro [Re: katebcca]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California

#125963 - 08/18/07 10:10 PM Re: Lexapro [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I started out with Prozac about 15 years ago. All of a sudden it stopped working for me and I switched to Lexapro. It worked well for me. Last winter, my insurance company stopped covering Lexapro and switched me to another anti-depressant. I took a nose dive that hurt from head to toe and back again.

It took me a good 8 weeks to recover. Tell her to go very slowly. It was not a good scene.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#125964 - 08/19/07 12:52 AM Re: Lexapro [Re: Anno]
Emyjay Offline

Anno,

I was on Prozac too, for years. Unfortunately, it stopped working on me, too.

As everyone who has been following my challenge knows, I'm on several meds, one of which is Lexapro.

My very good Dr. wants me to stay on this drug. I've asked about switching because I do not think it's as effective -- on me-- as the Prozac was.

But, I'm following everything he says because I totally trust this man.

I don't know about withdrawal from Lexapro. I do know that withdrawal from the benzos (xanax, kolonopin) is nasty. Im on Kolonopin for a mild seizure disorder. This new Dr. wants me to go back to the neuorologist for an updated test.
Don't think he'll take me off quickly, but I'm not looking forward to a withdrawal if I have too.

Anno, maybe you took the "nose dive" because the new anti depressant wasn't working with your body at all???

It's touchy -- finding the right med for each individual.

Takes patience and a commitment to the process of trial and error. But, there are so many new, effective drugs out there. So many more possibilities to the challenge of depression/anxiety.

Hang in there, everyone!

Love,
Emily

#125965 - 08/19/07 01:10 PM Re: Lexapro [Re: Emyjay]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
kate, it is so great to SEE you. What fun. You look great. What kind of dog do you have. She looks a little like ours, but smaller. We have a cockapoo. Hubby and oldest son are allergic and she is a hypo-allergenic breed.

#125966 - 08/21/07 03:24 PM Re: Lexapro
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hotflashgal. I would tell your friend to get with her doctor and put together a safe plan to get off Lexapro. Coming off meds is dangerous and shouldn't be done without the supervision of a doctor. They know how to do it properly to minimize the side effects.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#125967 - 08/27/07 05:30 PM Re: Lexapro [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
katebcca Offline

Loc: Victoria BC Canada
Dotsie, yes, nice to see photos with posts.

My dog is a chinese crested/maltese. I just cut her hair before this picture was taken. It was down to the ground and I had a ponytail for the hair around her face. No one would groom her so I cut all her hair off after giving her a bath. She looks like a different dog and acts like one too. I guess she is happy to have less hair and now she can actually see :-)

I just returned from holidays, wrote a post in singlehood. I reduced my meds from 300 to 150 while away. So far so good.
Kate

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved