The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#124780 - 08/20/07 10:03 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I don't have time to read this whole thread, but I scrolled back to even before Dotsie's comment. I think some people were commenting on job possibilities for Lynnie's husband and the subject of a handyman came up. It got a lot of positive feedback from what I saw, including Dotsie's comment and Renee's.

Renee, Hannelore is right. You didn't do anything wrong. Jumping in on that particular page, it's easy to see where your comment came from. And you have been in here long enough that people who know you know you wouldn't do anything to hurt someone's feelings.

#124781 - 08/20/07 03:26 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Louisa]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Louisa ,
I am not going to stand by and be put through a shredder and tossed out like a into the trash , because I made a mistake on a comment . We all had troubles and I have had mine last year . I am finished for good . Thank you Hannelore and Louise for understanding and Goodybe.

All the best,
Renee

#124782 - 08/20/07 03:29 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Renee, I don't think that leaving is the answer, in fact, I'm pretty certain that we need you here and we're all better off if you stay.

I've inadvertently "hijacked" so many threads in my years here. It's so easy to do, and I've always felt sorry for having done it, especially when the original person who posted is in a lot of pain and in need of care and support.

But it's never been my intent to hurt anyone, and I knew it, and so I just learned from my mistake and moved on, trying to remember not to do it again, but doing it more often than I care to admit - just call me scatterbrained! The beauty of this place is that nobody's ever changed the way they care about me or changed the sincerity of welcoming me in here. I would encourage you to trust us to understand and know that you never intended to hurt anyone and trust that our care for you, our welcome and our enjoyment of your presence and voice here aren't going to diminish in any way. You're still wanted here...

(Maya Angelou)

#124783 - 08/20/07 03:54 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
I think so many of these threads are like conversations. We start with one issue, then it relates to another issue someone else is having, and off we go. Very common for a thread to change stream a few posts into it.

Renee, come on back in...

Kathy

#124784 - 08/20/07 04:14 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Let's all remember that this forum is what it is because we each contribute to it. There have been misunderstandings before, and we have continued to appreciate each member. This is still true today. We learn to value and respect each other, even when we might not agree with each comment. Consideration, caring, compassion and understanding are what make this forum the great forum it is.

There are times when one is overwhelmed by the circumstances. Stress can blur our senses, that's when forgiveness and understanding come in. We are a family. Families stick together in good and bad times. Let's stick together once again!
NABBW & NAWW

#124785 - 08/21/07 10:47 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Songbird]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Actually, Gerri was looking on the bright side after a plumbing incident at her house, commenting on the fact that her unemployed husband is handy and can fix things around the house. My h may be a good cook, but handy around the house, he is not. My H's claim for unemployment was not challenged by his former boss and that will help us out financially. I don't necessarily look for prayers to change the circumstances we are in. Sometimes prayers help us to alter our attitudes toward those circumstances as we move through those circumstances. Your prayers/poems have helped enormously. I don't regret voicing my dismay over Renee's insertion. That was my feeling at the time. My regret is that I said my piece in public here about her plumbing post. It would have been better if I had commented on my conflicted feelings toward her post in a PM. Louisa, I don't see how Renee's post 130848 was positive feedback. It was a surprising intrusion to me. If I had the presence of mind at the time (as Songbird says re: stress blurring our senses) I would have PM Renee. I was about to respond to Renee's post 131443 with like-minded apologies but then I saw her 131475 which I sense is sarcastic. I am not going to engage in further toss and turn over Renee's hurt feelings in a public forum, because that is what this has come to. There are deeper issues that can't be addressed on a social network. As for families sticking together in good & bad times, that is not the case for the one choosing to leave at this time. We are indeed a surrogate family, but none can reconcile when one has extricated herself.

#124786 - 08/22/07 12:53 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Lynnie, As I said, I did not scroll back to look at all the posts. I don't have the time, nor do I want to. I saw several posts about a handyman. It got quite a few replies. That is what I meant about positive feedback. My point is, there were several posts that veered off the subject. That happens in here a lot. It's not intentional as several have commented. Renee was not the one who veered off the track. She only commented to a prior post. Yet you took offense only to hers. I don't spend much time in here lately. I'm very busy. I think this is way off the subject of this thread.

#124787 - 08/22/07 12:53 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Louisa]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Lynn: I just want to let you know that I am still bringing your and your family's needs before the throne of God in prayer. I've asked some of my prayer partners to pray for you too. God has a way of working in our lives that we don't always understand. But please, keep trusting that you are not alone; and remember that it is God who turns night into day.

May you enjoy the blessings that He has prepared for you and yours!
NABBW & NAWW

#124788 - 08/22/07 01:32 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Songbird]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Songbird, you are truly an inspiration and a blessing. Wow, thank you so much for including me in the prayers of your partners. Yes, I can think of many times in my life where I cried why me Lord, and now, in retrospect, I think of all the ways that my life and others around me has indeed experienced the light. I am open and ready to receive blessings! Love and Light, Lynn

#124789 - 08/22/07 08:16 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Sometimes God says: "Wait" not "No". So, those blessings WILL come, Lynnie. How can it not for you? In the meantime, keep drawing faith, courage, patience, light and love from the storm jar. You are always in my prayers...always have been.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved