The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#124770 - 08/16/07 03:54 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Renee, you usually mean well, but I must say I am dismayed that I am in the middle of a crisis with 1) mother dying and Alzheimer's 2) 101 year old grandmother about to die 3) step father who is a wreck due to above 4) returning to real estate in this awful market due to mortgage changes 5) husband got fired, and you inserted a message about needing a TILE guy for your bathroom. I feel lonely enough, it was hard enough to even ask for prayers, and now I feel like you made a mockery of my request for prayers. You know, I don't tell people I'm praying for them, because that is my business. But I think I have been supportive when possible here. And I've received tons of support, more than can be imagined. So I don't know why you chose to insert a problem about fiberglass in this thread during my time of need. Call me a Drama Queen, call me sensitive, I just don't care. But please try to be sensitive in regards to what thread you are on when you network for a tile guy and I'm about to die from overwhelming crisis.

#124771 - 08/16/07 01:50 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
The Footprints Poem

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
NABBW & NAWW

#124772 - 08/16/07 04:08 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Songbird]
Princess Lenora Offline

Songbird you truly help others when you remind us of this poem. I feel the light of God when I read this poem again. Thank you for posting this poem for all of us to see and be inspired. Love and Light, Lynn

#124773 - 08/16/07 05:44 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lynn, I don't have enough words or space here to express just how much I, for one, love and care about you. There is not a day or even an hour that you walk alone, my friend, though I know from painful experience that it does seem that way at times. But you are ALWAYS and CONSTANTLY in my heart, in my prayers, in a very special place in my heart and I LOVE carrying you with me throughout my day. It's a JOY and an honour to "walk with you" even if only in spirit, prayer and care.

Your plate is overwhelmingly full, it must seem as if there is nothing but pain surrounding you and facing you in the near future. I grieve with you, I feel your fear as if it's my own, I understand all too well the maelstrom of emotions that must be playing on your heart, soul, mind and spirit, changing from one moment to the next, and so exhausting and frightening in intensity.

All I can say is that "this too shall pass", because it does, though very slowly and painfully at times! Breathe deeply, deliberately breathe in big gulps of peace, life and focus your inner eye on the immense power that is in you to get you through this, one moment, one hour, one day at a time. Lean on God, lean on us, lean on the love that you know deep down in your heart is there with and for you. Let us be one of the crutches that will help you through this "valley of shadows" that looms around and ahead of you. You do not walk alone, though in that darkness it's often hard to feel Presence.

I wish I could be there to physically be there for/with you. But please know that you are firmly entrenched in my heart of hearts and have been for a very long time and will continue to be for a very long time to come. I carry you, pray for you, cry with you and walk with you in spirit and with great joy and love for you.

And I KNOW, with every fiber of my being, that I'm not the only one here who feels this profound care for you - you are more deeply loved and cared for than you can imagine. We are walking through this painful time with you.

(Maya Angelou)

#124774 - 08/17/07 09:38 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynn, here are some words to encourage you. Though they are only words, there's much love and encoruagement and prayer behind them.

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."
~ Unknown

Praying for some light in your life today. Look for it. I hope it's there.

#124775 - 08/18/07 11:13 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Eagle & Dotsie, thank you so very much for taking the time to post these heart felt messages and poems to me. I really, really appreciate that you care enough to do this.

#124776 - 08/19/07 01:26 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
You are more than welcome. You remain in my thoughts. I pray you are feeling supported. Are you getting guidance from anyone right now?

#124777 - 08/19/07 06:59 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lynnie,
I am very sorry for putting my post about needing tile in the wrong place in this thread . I in no way meant to affend you in any way or anyone . A little missjudgement on my part . Very sorry and hope you will accept my apoligy . I know you are going though a lot at this moment and I do understand . I get side tracked at times and make mistakes and maybe it is time for me to leave . I don't know what I would do without you help at times . I wish I could help you in some way . So , very sorry again.

All the best to everyone ,

Renee

#124778 - 08/20/07 02:15 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Sadie]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I have one more thing to say and I am out of here for good . If you scholl back you will find Dotise's post about putting in a bathroom and forgive me for committing in the wrong place of wanting tile or something done with my bathroom , . I don't make a habit of making a mockery of peoples troubles in no shape or forum . So, very sorry you feel this way and should know me better by now that I do not do this .

I don't need this forum any longer there is no place for me here. Again all the best to you all.

I have enjoyed my stay here for all these years .

Renee

#124779 - 08/20/07 07:30 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Sadie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Renee, I hope you stay with the forum. There are many threads here where the topic jumps from one theme to the other, and we have all done that. As you said, you just reacted to what Dotsie said. I see these forums as conversations between us all, and just like a normal conversation sometimes the subject changes. You didn't do anything wrong.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved