The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#124750 - 08/02/07 02:33 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Anno]
Emyjay Offline

Lynne and Gerri,

Hugs to both of you.

My husband lost his job when he was in his mid-thirties. We didn't know how we were going to make it, but we did.

After John went through a depression - just a month or so --he took a "stop gap" job so he could bring in some money and boost his self-esteem. Then, he started searching and found a good job that has been more satisfying than the one he lost!

I went back to work for the money. Did not like the job,
but I had to help.

It's a scary thing to face. But,know that this period in your lives will come to an end. And, it's very likely that each of your husbands will find better employment than they had.

It's going to be okay.

Really.

Blessing,
Emily

#124751 - 08/02/07 02:41 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Emyjay]
Emyjay Offline

Forgot to address Lynne's problem with the meds.

There is a federal insurance program - COBRA - for people who have lost their jobs. Many employers fail to tell previous employees that this plan exists.

This plan was developed to extend health insurance post loss of job.

You will need to activate this plan asap.

If your husband's human resource dept. doesn't offer and explain this program to you, call your local social services office or your local employment office.

Also, remember, your husband is entitled to benefits, since he was terminated not by choice. I know many people don't want to collect unemployment benefits. But keep this in mind: your husband, you, your families have been paying taxes and a certain percentage of this money has gone into the unemployment fund. Now, it's your turn to receive some of the benefits.

(((((Lynne))))

#124752 - 08/02/07 02:42 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Emyjay]
Emyjay Offline

Forgot to sign my name,

Blessings to both of you,
Emily

#124753 - 08/03/07 02:08 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
To answer Celtic's concern, I am reluctant to ask for prayers because there are so many who have needs. But then I realized that God is great enough to hear all prayers for all people, and that you boomer sister/angels are only too glad to give prayers. Thank you, PL

#124754 - 08/03/07 09:03 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Prayers for you, Lynne...holding you in the light of the universe.
Casey

#124755 - 08/03/07 09:57 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Casey]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lynn, I asked God that once: Don't you ever get tired of hearing me pray for everyone all the time? The immediate answer? "It's what I live for." I don't hold back anymore...I'm 100% certain that praying for one another is yet one more way we shine light into the world's darkness. No need is "too insignificant" to God if it's significant to one of His children. And His shoulders (and love) are big enough to hear, hold and answer every single one - in fact, I suspect that for God, it could well be a case of "the more, the better", because praying for one another translates into caring for one another, and the world can always use more caring.

(Maya Angelou)

#124756 - 08/03/07 10:59 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Eagle Heart]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Of course we're praying for you Lynnie...even if you don't ask! Have peace...

#124757 - 08/04/07 12:23 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, I love your writing. It always touches my heart. You need to write a book from a Christian perspective about the heart of God.

Lynn, valleys are so tough, but there is often a mountaintop experience that follows. I'm praying for you while you're in the valley and lifting you to the next mountain. Count on it.

#124758 - 08/06/07 01:15 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi friends! I'm back!
Eagle: I couldn't agree more with Dotsie. Your words are full of truth and wisdom!

God not only loves, but yearns for us to come to him with our problems, needs, gratitudes, etc. So many times, and in different ways, he bids us come to him. So,friends, please never be afraid to ask of him. Never be afraid to bring your burdens to him, never be afraid to express your deepest concerns, sorrows, mishaps,etc. His intrest for each of us is so great...

He is honored when we request of him big and/or "impossible" things. For in doing so, we recognize His ability, His power, His greatness and His inmeasurable love and caring for each of us.

Lynnie and Gerrbeck: I am saddened to hear the struggles you are facing. But the Lord has a way for each of you. He will provide and He will support you along the way. Keep trusting in Him. The God who made water flow from the rock in the desert, still opens fountains of blessings for his children in the deserts of uncertainties we face today. .

I will hold you both in my prayers, trusting we will see God's work and wonders in your lives!
NABBW & NAWW

#124759 - 08/06/07 02:25 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Songbird]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lynnie, our hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? We look back on situations and say, "Oh okay...so THAT'S what you had in mind for me, God." But for now, I'm sure it seems as if you're out there on that island all alone. You are not. You are surrounded by prayers and good thoughts from all of your sistahs here, and God is taking care of you, as we speak. TRUST is the keyword. Know in your heart that all is well, and will be.

Gerrbeck, has your hubby ever thought of advertising as a "handy-man?" Just a thought. He could do a flyer and put on there that no job is too big or too small, and that he is a honest man looking for an honest day's work. I bet he would be covered up! Especially if he put something like this: HEY BOOMER WOMEN...Are you tired of being taken for a ride? Need that washer fixed? Your pictures hung on the wall? Got a broken window that needs replacing? I'm your man!"

WHY NOT? We are taken for a ride by sooooooooo many sources. Why not give women the confidence to call on THE QUIET MAN. There you go. There's he's title. Word would get around, I guarantee you!

Love to you both!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved