The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#124740 - 07/31/07 10:57 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Sadie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Lynnie, you have every right to ask for prayer at this time. We all go through stages where we require more specific prayer. I am happy to hold you and your husband in prayer. Please stay in touch. Your BWS sisters love you.

#124741 - 08/01/07 01:14 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out
gerrbeck Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, FL
First off, Lynnie, I will pray for you and we'll all pray for each other. You ladies are wonderful. I also have a prayer request. My husband lost his job last week. He had just gotten his full release from workman's comp after an injury in January when he broke 3 ribs, then had complications....
Anyway, he's been working, just lighter duty. A friend had made a comment to me a few months back when asking how Richard was doing. He told me to be prepared because chances are when workmen's comp releases him for regular work duty, they would let him go. He said he'd seen it happen many times. Well, he turned in his doctors note Monday, Tuesday was his day off, When he went in Wednesday, they let him go. It was very upsetting. We have been in the middle of a horrible year. He had surgery in December for another problem, had just gotten over that when he had the accident. We had briefly separated for awhile at that point, (another long story). He had complications from the ribs, blood filling his chest cavity causing two hospital stays and 2 surgeries. Anyway, my work has been slow too, so I am looking for other avenues of income. Then to make matters worse, Thursday night when my son got up to go to the bathroom, he noticed a lot of water coming from under the bathroom sink, the bathroom quickly flooded, the hallway, part of my bedroom and a little in my daughters room, we managed to contain it by that point. We were up all night with the wet vac sucking up water, cleaning up the mess. We spent all day Friday and Saturday cleaning up the mess, shampooing carpet! I will say, one bright spot in this is that my husband is very handy around the house and was able to fix the problem without calling a plummer, so that saved us a bundle! Then to add insult to injury, after getting a couple hours of sleep in the wee hours Friday, I woke up and went to the front living room where Lula, our dog had a seizure and had "an accident". I wanted to scream! What next?! So, it was not a good week. There is another issue we are dealing with, but I don't have time to get into that one right now. Let me just ask for prayers because we really need them right now! One thing that I am truly concerned about is income, I am really adamant about homeschooling, I don't want to put the kids back in Public School. We'll work it out one way or another though.
I have to run now, just wanted to make a quick visit to the forum to visit my lady friends and see what everyone is up to. Thanks ladies!
gerri

#124742 - 08/01/07 08:54 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: gerrbeck]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Ladies, you both have bucket loads of prayers and good wishes coming from me too.
Please try only to focus on the outcome you want. Think it, imagine it, feel it, believe it! It will lift your spirits, and you may be sooo amazed and grateful for what happens next!

As the song goes...
Lean on me, when you're not strong
I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on

Hang in there girls, we're with you.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#124743 - 08/01/07 09:16 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Sadie]
Mountain Ash Offline

Adding you to my prayers.
Mountain ash

#124744 - 08/01/07 03:17 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Mountain Ash]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I will definately keep you in my prayers. I know things seem bleak at the moment PL but God will see you through this.

#124745 - 08/01/07 10:31 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Laurel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
L dies, you may think I'm nuts, but I heard from soemone who is pitching a new TV show and they are looking for boomers who have a midlife dream, soemthing they're burning to do. They will interveiw you to see if you are what they are looking for. If so, they set you up with your dream and film you and you are the show. This could change your financial situation in a hurry, or am I a pollyanna to beleive that? Email me if you are interested. NABBW members will be hearing specifics soon.

#124746 - 08/02/07 02:41 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, poems, and suggestions. Gerri, I am sorry for all that you are going through at once! Sharon, you are in Australia, and "The Secret" had a publishing in Sydney. And the teachings of Abraham are mentioned in the acknowledgments section of "The Secret." Do you know Rhonda Byrne? Has this been mentioned in the BWS forums and I missed it? I've watched (and loaned) my copy of The Secret many times, as well as reading the book aloud with my husband. Dotsie, you are many wonderful things, but no, you are not nuts! You are that last person I would call "nuts." I have a dream...it's really not in real estate. It's all about my book and sharing my story to open lines of communication. My dream would be international publication and noteriety, and thus more awareness of the hope and healing that can occur after DV and CSA. My husband signed up for real estate school today. After reading the Secret. I don't know the correlation, and I don't care. Momentum is momentum! Love and Light, Lynnie aka Princess Lenora

#124747 - 08/02/07 03:04 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
geriie i don't know ya well yet but you touch my hart with your circumstances and prayer have just been done for you.

keep close contact with us, updated if ya can or just pop in to say hi and join the fun in heer, whiching ya well.

#124748 - 08/02/07 03:11 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: celtic_flame]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
lynne dear sweet woman, i hope the hesitances for prayers wasen't about fearing you be ignored or rejected. I hold ya in high regard and i certine manie other woman do too.

your a tough wee cookie (in the sweetest of ways) your always kind and helpfull and considerate of others, in all you write and encouragment of others. I see you as a verie strong ladie,(most certinlie not a victum) saying that we all need comphort, love , sofness and sweetness, theirs no weekness or admitances of not being able to cope with the request, you onlie giving us lot a chances and an oppertunity to sat we love you and care about what your going through.......so thanks for that oppertunitie, prayers done as and before i typed this, and ya know they continue.

bigs huggs and cyers kisses on the cheek to you you hubbie and mom, and back to you again, double the huggs lol

please keep us infomrmed if ya have the time you inspire so manie with your attitude and how your coping with you circumstances. love ya loads.

#124749 - 08/02/07 01:19 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Prayers going out for both of you. I will hold you both close in my heart.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved