The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#124730 - 07/30/07 10:50 PM Feeling funny, freaking out
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hello friends, I feel funny for asking for prayers. I hold people in prayer, but I don't think I know how to receive prayer. I am freaking out. So I am reaching out. I also hate to sound like a victim, but I do feel as though I've reached my limit. As you know from the "lying is cheating" thread, my H and I have had our share of concerns regarding our relationship. And, as you know from the "caring for our parents" forum, you'll read that my mother has terminal cancer and Alzheimer's. In the meantime, my H got fired. And I re-entered a former career in real estate. I'm still, always, working on my Project for TEARS, and I have a presentation to give next week. But there is no income! How do we live without an income? I do not want to have to put my own house on the market; we will not even break even. We are living on savings and faith. I'm nervous that without health insurance I will have to cut back on my anti-depressants. My H is medicated too. I'm rambling. Before I go on and on, please, if you have a chance, if you want to, a prayer for my H and I would be OK with me. Love and Light back at you, L, PL

#124731 - 07/30/07 11:59 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Princess Lenora]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Of course I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I firmly believe that things always work out the way they are supposed to, even if we don't realize it at the time.

Love and cyber-hugs coming your way.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#124732 - 07/31/07 01:46 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: yonuh]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lynnie,
You have my prayers at all times . There is an Alz web site that I can give you . www.alz.org they have a chat room and a forum to go onto to ask questions about Alz .I will keep you and your husband in my prayers for a new job and health.

All the best ,

Renee

#124733 - 07/31/07 01:51 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Sadie]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Lynnie, you're always in my heart too...I'll keep you especially close in my prayers tonight and throughout the coming days. What a tough road you're on right now! Must be so overwhelming at times...remember to close your eyes, take a deep breath and know, KNOW, that you are loved more than you can imagine, stronger than you think you can be and you're not alone. Feel our loving care, our support, our prayers lifting you up in those moments when you feel most overwhelmed by it all...we're there, God's there.

I'm going to finish this post because I want to go find the lyrics to a song that has been helping me through my grief...I'll be right back...

(Maya Angelou)

#124734 - 07/31/07 01:58 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Eagle Heart]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
This is called "Desert Rose" by Whiteheart...it has brought me immeasurable comfort over the past few months, especially the part where they sing "He will hold you"...

Lost in a windswept land
In a world of shifting sand
A fragile flower stands apart.
There on that barren ground
You feel like the one
Trying to serve Him with all your heart.

And you wonder, wonder
Can you last much longer?
This cloud you are under -
Will it cover you?

Desert rose (desert rose)
Don't you worry, don't be lonely,
Heaven knows, Heaven knows -
In a dry and weary land, a flower grows,
His desert rose

Sometimes holiness
Can seem like emptiness
When you feel the whole world's laughing eyes;
But if it's a lonely day,
Know you're on the Father's way,
He will hear you when you cry...

And He will hold you, hold you,
Your Father will hold you;
He will love you, love you
For the things you do.

Desert rose (desert rose)
Don't you worry, don't be lonely
Heaven knows, Heaven knows,
In a dry and weary land, a flower grows,
His desert rose

Desert rose...

(Maya Angelou)

#124735 - 07/31/07 02:26 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Eagle Heart]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
PL,

Consider my best thoughts, prayers and wishes yours! It's hard not to look at the circumstances as they are and become overwhelmed. I will pray that you are able to envision the beautiful gifts that God has all lined up in pretty satin boxes for you...and that as you hold that vision...they start to arrive one by one and two by two.

Take care of you!

#124736 - 07/31/07 04:34 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lynnie, I am here too. I will keep you in my hopes and prayers that your load will be lighter and your days will be brighter,Amen.
Just remember....we really love you.

#124737 - 07/31/07 07:00 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Lynnie, my heart goes out to you; those are just too many hardships at once. That would floor anyone.

That's wonderful that you are doing house showings! I have a feeling something will come through, and I'll pray that it will! Maybe you know this allready, but it took me a while to use one of the best resources to get new homes to sell, and that was from the customers looking for new homes. Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, I'm sure you are doing everything just right.

Did you say your Hubby is a cook? Has he ever thought of looking for a job at a party service? We have friends that have a party – restaurant service, and he is forever seeking cooks. Maybe by you too?

Sending you a warm hug, and will say a prayer for you and your family.
Hannelore

#124738 - 07/31/07 07:10 AM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: Edelweiss]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Lynnie, I just sent some positive thoughts/prayers for you. Never forget how much we all love you.

This is the storm before the calm. You'll make it through just fine.

Poet and essayist

#124739 - 07/31/07 03:53 PM Re: Feeling funny, freaking out [Re: meredithbead]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
You know Hannelore you have a point there if Lynnie's husband is a cook there is catering serves and hotels and all kinds of places he can go to cook. At the mean time he can apply for unemployment to help out . Just some thoughts

Keeping you in my prayers always,

Renee

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved