The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 109 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#124626 - 08/28/07 12:56 AM Re: Male Housemate [Re: Sadie]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Renee, thank you so much for the information. I read the information on website and it seems you have to be married to the person at least 10 yrs. to qualify for benefits. We have only been married for 3+ years almost 4.

I bought my house while we were still married, but I bought it on my own. His name isn't on it anywhere and I bought it with my deceased husband's money. Florida is a community property state so I'm worried he may get half my house after he kicked me and my grandaughter out of his house, sold it and kept the profit for himself.

#124627 - 08/28/07 01:04 AM Re: Male Housemate [Re: NewLeaf]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
NewLeaf ,
You need then to contact a lawyer in your state of Fla,about the house . You can make a call to SSA and ask them for sure , won't hurt and let me if help you more . I have alink to the state of Fla somewhere I can help you with that also . I will check and PM you for that one.

Renee

#124628 - 09/01/07 12:54 AM Re: Male Housemate [Re: Sadie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Newleaf.
Okay here I go again, when did you acquire this home??? Last time, not long ago, you were fixing up your mobile home/trailer and making it comfortable for you and your two grandchildren; as your daughter wanted no part of it. I remember everythig I read and thats why I'm asking about this house that has suddenly appeared. Especially when you also said you could barely buy food to put on the table. I hope all has changed for the better for you but was just wondering when, and how this all happened???

As far as the male roommate is concerned there are many things to consider, first, who is he, did you check him out and how? Did he pay a good security deposit? Will he be hanging around you and your grandkids, like with full access to the home? In todays world this can be a slippery slope and needs to be considered thouroughly. Be safe and keep those children safe...Predators don't wear signs.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#124629 - 09/01/07 12:59 PM Re: Male Housemate [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I remember all of this going on. I recall the scare of newleaf thinking her husband was going to get the money from the old marriage, then her buying the home on her own.

Having boarders in the same home is a little scary when it's just you, but I would be especially careful if the kids are there. I would never leave him alone with the kids. NEVER!

#124630 - 09/01/07 10:30 PM Re: Male Housemate
NewLeaf Offline

I certainly won't ever leave them alone with him. I have a new housemate already. This one is a scientist and a very nice man. He pays his rent faithfully, helps with a few chores and carries out the trash.

The kids seem to like him but we keep our distance. He seems to like it that way. He keeps his room very neat and clean and my instincts aren't alarmed by him in any way. Still, I'm very cautious.

#124631 - 09/01/07 10:43 PM Re: Male Housemate [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Hello, never answered my questions Newleaf, which makes me wonder even more...And already another new housemate?
H
u
m
m!!!

Edited by chatty lady (09/01/07 10:46 PM)

#124632 - 09/02/07 04:51 PM Re: Male Housemate [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

Chatty, just using my boomer woman creativity. The house I'm referring to IS my modular home. My daughter did turn her nose up at it. I'm trying my best to stay off welfare and make it on my own using my creativity.

My housemate and I get along wonderfully and he pays ontime. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm working three jobs AND have a housemate. My first housemate was a pervert and wouldn't leave me alone! This one is a "real" housemate and I'm very happy with him.

#124633 - 09/02/07 07:16 PM Re: Male Housemate [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

There you go Newleaf. I don't mean to badger you but your last few statements didn't ring true and I would hate to think you were not being honest with the gals here who have shown that they care, and really feel bad when one of us in in peril. I for one take these posts seriously and don't like being made a fool of.
Your new housemate sounds like a perfect match, he's apparently intelligent, and knows his place in your home. The need for extra money is something we all face and we do what we have to do to find it. And yes a mobile home is a home too, a structure is what you make it. I've have a double-wide now since 1990, its big, bright and my HOME...anyone is welcome here! Thanks for answering my nosey questions but I think its important we are honest with one another...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#124635 - 09/02/07 10:37 PM Re: Male Housemate [Re: ]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Newleaf, I hope this works out for you. As Chatty said, we ALL need extra help now and then.

As far as him paying his rent on time, he's been there a month, right? And made ONE payment? But he DID make a month and a half, so that's encouraging, don't you think?

You had the other guy there at the end of July, first of August, so I'm assuming this one hasn't been there but a month, or less.

So...let's all cross our fingers that the payments continue on time! It sounds like this one might be better than the first one. Time will tell, won't it? I mean the first one seemed okay until he showed his "prev" side, as you put it. You might want to consider getting a background check, just to be on the safe side.

#124636 - 09/03/07 12:26 PM Re: Male Housemate [Re: jawjaw]
NewLeaf Offline

My new housemate paid his rent and a half and then offered to pay the extra that his high speed internet would cost. Just yesterday he volunteered to pay $100 more than I had originally asked. He's been studying online about Guenia pigs and how to care for them and is cooking dinner for me tonight. He probably weighs 130 lbs soaking wet. I could take him for sure if he tried anything.

It seems that in another life...he was quite well off then lost his job due to downsizing. Then he used up his 401K and his savings. This new job is a very good one and he seems happy just to be there in our household.

Maybe we can sort of help each other out. Meantime, the divorce is proceeding and I'm still seeing the 31 yr. old who is just as sweet and interesing as anyone could be.

The kids seem very happy thus, so am I. We have a routine and they have friends. I'm gradually fixing up the house mostly with sweat equity.

I'm proud of myself for coming up with the wherewithall to climb out of the dark pit I was in.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved