The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#123889 - 10/19/07 12:48 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
A P.S.
If anyone can knit a sweater, PLEASE tell me! I am willing to pay and I need one badly! I buy designer or hand made so I'm looking for someone who will knit a sweater and not rob me! If you will, bless you! I look for this every winter, and scarves too. If you can knit a cool scarf, please tell me!
Thanks everyone!
dancer needs a sweater.

"Question your privilege"

#123890 - 10/19/07 12:50 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

Thanks Lady jane and Cookie! I did it for fun. All my life I've had to know these things! I've people brushing their lips now! We'd all look pretty funny if people saw that!

These tips are so fun, and if one helps someone, well, I'm thrilled!

To be clear, I'm not superficial which I think I've shown here, I'm pretty down to earth. I've friends who would not leave the house or come down stairs unless they are turned out, but that is not me. A dancer sweats and I've spent way too much time dripping from sweat after working out and getting into a shower is all I can do those days! ( Okay, I don't really go out, out, on those days!)
If I can help anyone with a problem or a product, please let me know. You would be surprised!
dancer

#123891 - 10/19/07 01:21 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: chatty lady]
dancer9 Offline

OPPS
Rinse your hair in vinegar BEFORE you wash it!!
dancer

#123892 - 10/19/07 04:45 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

- Rince your hair with some vinegar mixed with a cup of water to make your hair so shiny and so soft you won't believe it! Do it about every three months to strip the hair of any residue. Even shampoo leaves a residue so it will work on anyone. If you have dark hair, use a red vinegar, if your hair is light, use white vinegar. About a quarter cup of vinegar and the rest of the cup water should do!
- Nothing in the way of creams has come onto the market that does ANYTHING for your skin except two products that can be prescribed. All other creams will do nothing to really help your skin and the best moisterinzer is really Crisco because you can't put water in your skin, you can only keep it ON your skin. The two products are Retin-A and Renova, and a lot of woman use these products to make their skin shine and keep it clear. They really work. Your face will peel first but underneath is beautiful skin!\
- Anyone interviewed who says they keep that thin from eating fish and vegatables for dinner is LYING. They don't eat almost at all before a "gig," and then afterwards, like, for example, Sharon, they are a size 10 or more.
- Don't brush or comb your hair. Be like models and actors and myself and only brush your hair when it's being done. After that, brushing only breaks hair and causes it to split. I never comb my hair all day or night until I am ready to do it the next day. And, only shampoo your hair every 2nd or 3rd day. May actors and models wash it once a week like in Europe. Wash it when it's dirty though, please! =)
-Any woman with skin color that is not white, and by white I mean you were born blonde, even those with slightly olive skin shouldNEVER have shiny skin. If your face is not shiny and it is matte, it will hide wrinkles, make your skin glow and make you look lovely. There are all sorts of products on the market to keep skin from getting shiny so ask me if you want one! NO shine on the skin = airbrushed look. You cannot get this look by just keeping your face make up free, your face will oil up anyway, so you get it with a product. It will make you look fab, my sisters!

If you want to be "in," this season, you can do the following:
- wear something grey, especially pants or a sweater.
- get or knit yourself a BIG sweater, really big, one that covers your butt!
- if you wear gray or black, pair it with something BRIGHT, and I mean crayon-bright, in maybe blue, or red, or yellow, it doesn't matter so long as you have only ONE thing that is bright with all they rest grey or black.
- wear gray period.
- use a flat iron on your hair style.
- the '20's are in and WAY in so if you have anything that looks like the 20's wear it, including menswear for women.
- get yourself a lot of tights and wear them with all your dresses. If you want to really be "hip," then wear your tights with that big sweater or a tunic. With boots is really happening, lol. It IS!
- wear your clothing that has a collar that is beaded. Dresses with "jewelry," are in, those are dresses with beading and the like around the collar.

I do not subscibe to being "in," ladies so know this is all tongue in cheek and done for fun. If you DO any of the above things you WILL be on the cutting edge of fashion though, even in Europe.

Like I said, Ihave tons.
Oh, and if you want your lipstick to last, put it on,and then powder your lips slightly and then re-apply.

Lastly, all the best designers agree: It takes a woman OVER forty to wear RED lipstick. RED lipstick looks GREAT on all women over 40 and always will!
dancer, having fun.

Would have to study the 20's look abit ....must be dropped waistlines or empire waistline..and less busty look???

Tights...right now just for cycling. I don't even like capris on self...being 5'1" doesn't really encourage me lots to wear them...either long pants or shorts.

Flat-ironing hair...there's always a fashion phase for naturally straight hair gals vs. naturally wavy /curly hair gals. 1 thing about straight hair, is that the straight shine is uncompromising on how precisely a haircut is executed, how clean your hair is (or not), etc.

Never knew about the vinegar hairwash tip. But not for me...I wash my hair everyday. Yes, I had naturally oily hair for a long time in my life... My daily hairwashing stems back from teen years when I had acne...and it was on face and then starting on my back. So hence, doctor recommended more frequent hairwashing.. Now I still do it ..daily but with softer shampoos. Now it's partially because some days, I do sweat enough /exercise enough to justify full shower.

I agree with not brushing hair too often during day. However some women just have to have every strand in its place and perfect.

Maybe this sounds careless of me, but I gently brush my hair only 3 times in whole day --lst time when getting dressed for the day ..then 2nd time for um..20 seconds, on a work day after I get into the office from commuting /walking from bus stop...changing into work clothes from cycling gear. Then 3rd time for ..20 seconds after showering near end of day. On weekends hairbrushing is only morning wake-up and after shower in evening. So this means....I don't care/have time on weekends...what I look like all day when cycling, visiting stores, restaurants, etc. This is even true when on vacationing and touring in places. Usually I'm enjoying myself enough that I forget to look after my hair.

I have no time to shower first thing in the morning. I already bomb out of home at 5:15 am to get to work.

#123893 - 10/19/07 10:11 AM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: orchid]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Dancer, you should have seen me brushing my teeth AND lips yesterday!!! I laughed out loud at myself in the mirror....but I'll keep it up...it makes sense. Thanks for all the interesting tips!

#123894 - 10/19/07 12:01 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: ladyjane]
Mountain Ash Offline

We have a SAGA magazine I read it in the dentist.Fashion tips aplenty.One think I agree with is the smock type top with leggings a top fashion tip here.SAGA says not for over 50's. I did buy a jersey smock top and gave it to a pregnant friend of my daughters.Its really the first time I have not been able to adapt what is High St fashion in a suitable way.I looked awful.
Mountain ash

#123895 - 10/19/07 06:45 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: ladyjane]
dancer9 Offline

And I'm sure you are all the lovelier for it, lady jane! Nice, smooth lips are something that everyone can use! Most cosmetic salespeople/ladies, use this trick but never tell the customers they serve. It makes us think that if we use their lip products, our lips too, will look like theirs.

One more thing: Doctors use your lips to tell them if you are hydrated. If your lips are cracked or have a dry look, they assume we are not hydrated enough, so remember to drink those 8 to 10 glasses of water. ( Models walk around with the BIG Evian bottles and down two a day.)

Happy brushing, let me know how it goes!
dancer, lip brusher too!

#123896 - 10/19/07 06:59 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Well, I still wear leggings with any top. They're comfy.

I don't know what I've done but woke up a week ago with my lips swollen and cracked (almost bleeding) at the corners. Then, sores formed on the inside of the lips. I'm still healing and keep Vaseline by my side. Not very pretty. We all want those pouty lips but not this way!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#123897 - 10/19/07 07:16 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: Dianne]
dancer9 Offline

Ouch! If you are sensitive, start with a washcloth and work your way up to your tooth brush! Sorry Dianne!
Those that are hard core use nail files, the paper kind!
THATS nuts.
dancer

#123898 - 10/19/07 07:32 PM Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: Mountain Ash]
dancer9 Offline

Mountain Ash, You could choose a more fitted tunic to wear with your tights! It would be a bit sexier by why not? There are some tunics that are cut to be closer to the body. There should be so many this season that there will be one for everyone! I know, trendy, but a comfy trend, esp. with boots.
Note: Boots are low this season, a break from those high heeled things we suffer in! There is a French company that makes comfortable heels in cutting edge styles but they are pricey. I wear them because of the comfort and they are made so well my muscled feel will not break them.
You can find them on Zappos.com and they are made by Robert Clergerie. Yes, they are pricy but will become your every day shoe so you get your monies worth and sometimes they go on sale there.
A shoe says a lot about a person. I wear designer shoes because I love the cut of shoes but I like Robert Clergerie for the comfort after I am done dancing.

One more tip:
The better shoe for your leg and muscles of your foot is the shoe that has a sole that does NOT move. Like a Dansko, or something. It exersices your feet, your legs and feels good too!
Dansko's can be found everywhere and are worn by tons of hospital personal. They also can be found at Zappos.com.
If you need any shoe, that site will have them if they are of any quality.
dancer

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved