The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#123990 - 12/02/07 09:27 PM Re: Capes...? Re: boomer fashion tips
dancer9 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Bare Minerals are sold in some department stores, in free standing make up stores like Sephora, and others, and in some beauty supply, if they are a salon as well.

They are available on line but have someone do your face with them first to see how you like them and to see how to do it yourself! It's very easy, quick, with a believeable coverage that does nothing at all to your skin. I do moisterize my skin underneath them and I do use a primer, but everyone should use moisture on their face.

In my opinion, it is the most natural looking make up out at this time. There are MANY copy cats now but I stick with the original brand. Some women do not feel secure unless they coat their faces with some liquid, then use powder, etc... With this, the Mineral IS the color and it DOES cover. It has an SPF which is always good, in it's foundations. There are also blushes and shadows that are good and a "Mineral Veil," that is for just polish, with no color.
Dotsie, you can buy a "starter pack," from the store you go to that includes your color, the veil, a blush and two brushes you need. This is not expensive, although I would buy it if it was.
They also have compacts now so you can carry the minerals with you for touch ups.

It's a great product. Tell me what you think.

dancer

"Question your privilege"

#123991 - 12/02/07 10:36 PM Re: Capes...? Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: dancer9]
yonuh Offline

Dancer, where in Tucson do you buy the Bare Minerals?
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#123992 - 12/03/07 01:54 AM Re: Capes...? Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: yonuh]
dancer9 Offline

Hi Yonuh,
We are close together, aren't we? The best place to buy them and have them put on and learn how to do it is:
La Encantada at Campbell and Sunrise. There is a store there called "Product by Maria." There they have people to apply it for you and show you how to use it. If you want, you can buy a kit there with the brushes you need. It is an upper line store but the make up is not expensive at all compared to most others. Product does not charge any extra there to help you and find the right products.

In Park Mall there is a store called "Ultra." This store has the Bare Minerals but no one who is educated in using them. That store is good for refills and the like and it could be more convienent for you. If you know what you need, and colors and such, you could go to Ultra and see what they have in stock. Product by Maria is located on the top level of La Encantada in a corner in the middle of the shops.

If I can help you with anything else, just let me know. I get all of my Bare Minerals at Product because I like to have knowledgeable sales people to help me. Also, at Ultra, things are often a mess and many products are not there.

Warm regards,
dancer

#123993 - 12/03/07 02:20 AM Re: Capes...? Re: boomer fashion tips [Re: jawjaw]
dancer9 Offline

Jaw Jaw,I love Bare Minerals for the same reasons! No, I only put moisturizer on before I use the Minerals. I find I don't need anything else for cover. I don't use a concealer or anything! I can't feel it also! I used to run to wash my face when I had to wear make up for something but with these I don't feel it so I forget to wash it off sometimes until before bed! It's just great. Did you know that they make a compact now so you can take it in your purse? It's so great to have it in a compact because you can get in your car, use the mirror to brush it on with the compact brush and get going without all the fuss! I use my compact when I'm out and decide to go somewhere where I think I should look more "dressed," too. I just use the make up and put something on my lips and off I go!

I look Italian so too much make up makes me look like I am working the corner. Bare Minerals and something on my lips are all I need to look "made up." A remarkable product, really! I like their blush as well. I wonder if you can buy new brushes separately... I'll check it out!

So far as Opi, I don't use it because it does not stay on my nails. I'm really picky about pigment too so I don't wear color on my nails unless I REALLY like the color. I test the color using scotch tape over my nail and putting a brush stroke on and seeing how it looks with my skin. If I don't have tape there, I brush it on my skin and see how it looks!

I like Chanel colors the best, the pigments are one of a kind. For formula, I like Dior because it stays like all Hel* but so does MAC if one likes those colors. I think MAC is a good buy because the polish is not so expensive, it does stay on your nail, and it does NOT get all thick in the bottle if you don't use it for awhile. They also have a LOT of colors. MAC is a good choice for nail color.

For funky colors, Urban Decay is a good company. It is polish that stays on as well. I don't know what makes some polish stay on and some not but Urban Decay is one that stays on.

I find that Lancome and it's sister stores, Estee Lauder and Clinque has polish that is over priced and never really dries. The colors are not so good either. All of those companies are owned by the same people so they are all the same except for price point. I believe they own Origins too.

I've tried them all, really. There are a few new ones I've not tried and want to. I'm about to give one new one a run shortly. I wear my nails natural with gel over them but I wear color over them from time to time and when I have time at at the salon to have it dry!

Still, I personally like red, or natural for nails. I think that Pink is lovely on some Anglo's of really white skin color and those that are Chinese. For some reason, the pastels look great against Chinese skin. For my African American friends, I think EVERY loud, and funky color with LONG nails look GREAT! it is a part of their culture to wear their nails loud and it looks great on them!

I have all sorts of style ideas...comes from being an artist all your life!

dancer

dancer

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved