The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12377 - 01/02/06 11:51 PM Re: Help, My Mom Has A "Special" Friend!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I guess I'm the loyal opposition here. I think you should be open with your concerns, but if your mother is legally sane, she is the one to decide what to do with her life and her assets. Maybe you could just be happy for any joy she may find.

I wrote a novel about a relationship between an older woman and a younger man so I have done some thinking about this. In the novel, the young man starts out to bilk the woman out of her money, but he falls in love. At one point the woman compares the adventure of being with this man to the safaris, cruises, and other adventures she has purchased. She feels no regret for having purchased the moments of joy the young man and grows through the relationship.

If this man takes your mother's money, but gives her even a few moments of happiness in return, maybe the investment is worth it.

Whoever said money can't buy happiness is probably right, but it can buy moments.

smile

#12378 - 01/03/06 12:21 AM Re: Help, My Mom Has A "Special" Friend!
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
On one hand my heart says open yourself to a loving person- we too often suspect people with open and loving hearts BUT- I would definitely go out of my way to meet him

#12379 - 01/03/06 01:19 AM Re: Help, My Mom Has A "Special" Friend!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Does anyone remember the comedian Martha Raye and the man she married 30 years her junior. All who knew them said he made her extatically happy until the day she died. He got everything and even has constructed a museum he charges admission for so people can see all the treasures she left behind. Maybe be is/was sincere who knows, but he made her very happy until the end and I think thats the point here. Personally LuckyLady I would sit mom down and have a real heart to heart with her and soon.....Now if she has all her facilties and is alert then what she says should determine your behavior regarding this matter.

#12380 - 01/03/06 01:31 AM Re: Help, My Mom Has A "Special" Friend!
LuckyLady Offline

Loc: Deep in the heart of Texas
Thanks for all of your thoughts. I know she is lonely and appreciates his attention. I like the idea of casually asking "whats up and stealing her away". I do want to attend one of his performances. That's a good way to meet him. I'll have my brother to go with me. I don't want to end an important friendship, if that's what it is. You have really helped me, however, I will definitly be observant. Thanks to all.........LuckyLady

#12381 - 01/04/06 08:00 AM Re: Help, My Mom Has A "Special" Friend!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Please let us know how you feel once you meet him.

#12382 - 01/06/06 03:02 AM Re: Help, My Mom Has A "Special" Friend!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lucky Lady, for a small fee, you can complete a background check at either www.intelius.com or www.peoplefinders.com.

Additionally, if you would like to send me a private message with his name and city/state, I can do a District Court search which may reflect bankruptcy or criminal records.

In any event, good luck!

#12383 - 01/06/06 10:29 PM Re: Help, My Mom Has A "Special" Friend!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
LuckyLady, any news?

Mustang, you are a Jill of all trades. Good for you.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved