The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 180 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#123385 - 07/17/07 01:49 AM Re: Life after divorce [Re: Dianne]
hotflashgal Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Dear FoundHerVoice,
Congrats to you for making it through the first year. Although I was divorced 12 years ago, I remember clearly what it was like to bring my children through as well as myself. That first year is all about making new traditions and leaving behind what you were accustomed to...the good and the bad. Your attitude is so positive, which I believe is important as you experience everything from a new perspective. But it can be exciting and happy. It just depends on how you choose to live it. My ex has run me through the mill over the last 12 years, and now that my children are close to adult age, and I cannot shield them the way I used to, he tries to play his crap with them and that totally sucks! Sorry ladies, but that is the strongest yet cleanest word I can use to describe it. However, they are finding their way with my love and support. Keep doing what you are doing. You have so much to look forward to! By the way....enjoy that dancing. My hobby is ballroom dancing and I love it! I met so many wonderful people. It is a great way to be social without the worry of being "hit on" when you don't want it! Enjoy!

#123386 - 07/17/07 11:10 PM Re: Life after divorce [Re: Dianne]
foundhervoice-atlast Offline

Loc: Colorado
What observations/helpful advice do y'all have post-divorce for women who are dealing with uncooperative ex-spouses regarding dependent children? Have your views changed over time?

Any and all enlightenment is appreciated!

Hugs,
Foundhervoice-atlast

"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. It's the way you decide to arrange your mind..."

#123387 - 07/18/07 03:20 PM Re: Life after divorce [Re: foundhervoice-atlast]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Look how beautiful you are! Could you give more details? Not sure what you mean. Thanks!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#123388 - 07/19/07 07:04 AM Re: Life after divorce [Re: Dianne]
distressed Offline

it must have been difficult but i really admire you!!! now you can be proud to say you're strong!!!

#123389 - 07/19/07 08:20 AM Re: Life after divorce [Re: distressed]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I've considered divorce, but am working on building up our marriage again. If it is at all possible; it is the easier and better way for all.

Still, Dear Foundhervoice-atlast, I have copied and saved your post. I hope and pray I won't ever need it, but just in case;....I know it would help me in many ways.

You have chosen the best way for you, and how wonderful that you can look back and say it was the only way.

#123390 - 07/19/07 11:39 PM Re: Life after divorce [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Got my paperwork via an attachment and filled it out. I have been married three times and divorced so I think I qualify. Waiting to hear from you...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#123391 - 07/20/07 07:27 AM Re: Life after divorce [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, I am glad you have chosen to make it work. I've been following you on this mission. You are still on my prayer list (Hannelore-happy within marriage). How's it going?

#123392 - 07/21/07 08:12 AM Re: Life after divorce
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie, I am deeply touched that you still include me in your prayer list, thank you so much,

I don't want to turn this thread to me, so I'll just give you a brief update.

Since I left and went on that one over-night…no more tears; which alone is a major breakthrough. I don't know really if things are much better. We are blessed to have our grandchild with us, which does bond us and at the same time serves as a distraction from our own problems. Maybe God sent us our own cupid angel. Gee, what a nice thought.

The true test is when our grandchild is gone, and our old life is back. I try to think positive and had this quote sent to me last week, which I would love to live by,…but need more work on the patience thing; here it is…

Recipe For Happiness
Two heaped cups of patience,
One heartful of love,
Two handfuls of generosity,
One headful of understanding and a dash of humour,
Sprinkle with kindness, add plenty of faith and mix well.

Spread over a period of a lifetime and serve to everyone you meet.

#123393 - 07/22/07 11:07 PM Re: Life after divorce [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Boy talk about "get right to the heart of things." Thats what this verse does. Very inspiring.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#123394 - 07/23/07 03:52 PM Re: Life after divorce [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, you are so wise to recognize the distraction of your grandchild. But what a blessing she is at this very time. She's allowing you to draw closer through her and then maybe after she goes home to Mom and Dad, you will be better able to address your other issues. That's wha I'm hoping and praying for. How's Mom? Any companion yet?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved