The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 142 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#121342 - 06/15/07 03:30 PM Boomerangs?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Do you have any kids who have gone and come back?

Our oldest graduated college and is home...well, sort of. He's gone again for over a week to visit buddies back at school, but our door seems to be swinging both ways. How about your doors? I know some boomers who have kids and grandkids coming back.

#121343 - 06/15/07 10:50 PM Re: Boomerangs?
turtle Offline

Yes both of my children who have graduated have been home. First my daughter stayed two years then moved out. Now my son is home he is single 30 and moved back after graduating and being on his own for 10 years. He is looking for a new career. He has been wonderful. I loved having them both home again. I got to know them as adults and am so proud how they turned out. It has worked out nicely.

#121344 - 06/15/07 11:33 PM Re: Boomerangs? [Re: turtle]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Both my boys were with me for a time, once both together. They are now happily married with their own kids, so probably won't be home again. Next step is when one of them has to take in Mom (me) LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#121345 - 06/17/07 04:00 AM Re: Boomerangs? [Re: yonuh]
turtle Offline

Help, my daughter is moving in an apartment with her boyfriend. They have known each other for a year. I feel this is fine but my husband thinks it is not and that it is wrong and it compares with doing drugs etc. His opinion is his but it is putting tension between us, my son. My daughter doesn't kow what he thinks yet. She is 28 college grad her boyfriend is 30 and back from Iraq. What do I do? There has got to be an answer so everyone is happy.

#121346 - 06/17/07 05:21 AM Re: Boomerangs? [Re: turtle]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Turtle, tell your husband that I moved in with my boyfriend when I was 18 and he was 20. We are still together more than 30 years later.

They sound old enough to make these kinds of decisions on their own. The only thing he'll accomplish by continuing this tense issue is to alienate his daughter and her boyfriend. My parents disowned me for a year, and we never did have a good relationship for years after. Even now, it's still a strain with my mom. (My dad passed away)

Hang in there, and no matter what your husband says and does, let your daughter know you still love her.

Kathy

PS: Don't try to keep everyone happy - you'll just get stressed out even more.

#121347 - 06/17/07 08:28 PM Re: Boomerangs? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
turtle Offline

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I think it is the right thing for them to do. They are both great people. My husband has a screw loose. I wish he were more flexible and understanding. Thanks Kathy me turtle

#121348 - 06/18/07 02:24 AM Re: Boomerangs? [Re: turtle]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Turtle, is marriage a possibility? It would certainly solve the problem. Otherwise at 28 and 30 these two are adults, and need no ones approval for anything they do. Just ignore him, support your daughters decision. Eventually he'll shut up. He isn't exactly anyone to talk, now is he?

Edited by chatty lady (06/18/07 02:27 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#121349 - 06/18/07 02:32 AM Re: Boomerangs? [Re: chatty lady]
turtle Offline

I think you are awesome chatty thanks for the advice. My husband is just not a sensitive person. Oh and they are thinking of marriage soon. Turtle

#121350 - 06/19/07 08:45 PM Re: Boomerangs? [Re: turtle]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Turtle, Kathy makes a great point about keeping everyone happy. I would be certain to let your daughter know how you feel and let your hubby know how he feels. You are only responsible for your feelings. Keep nurturing that relationship. She'll need it if Dad is mad with her.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved