The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#121037 - 06/24/07 07:37 PM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Jane. I know that these pounds were fluid, for the most part...but hey, I was still carrying that around on my body and stressing my old bode out. You know? So now the real work begins. Shedding the fat that has been housed here for quite some time now.

Just finished a cup of Raspberry Tea. Now its time for a snack. Watermelon. Yummmy!

#121038 - 06/25/07 02:25 AM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: jawjaw]
chickadee Offline

JJ, giving up chocolate would shed pounds for me. I was never a chocolate eater unless it was that time of the month. Now I crave it daily.

I think I'll join you in giving it up. I have a Milky Way sitting in front of me and I am going to celebrate giving up chocolate by eating my last one. Maybe once a month I will oblige.

Meat - does it really take days to digest red meat? I don't eat much and prefer fish and chicken. I am a salad lover but a dressing fanatic. I think I'll start getting fit again.

You have encouraged me. Congrats on losing 8 lbs. 2 a week from now on is healthy and a plateau or 2 comes ever now and then but if we continue to do it right, it has no choice but to come off, right?

#121039 - 06/25/07 07:02 AM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Wow, JJ...you got me motivated.
A month ago I fasted. Just ate a bowl of thin soup at 12:00 and then nothing. I lost 10 pounds. Your diet sounds more humane, and you lost almost as much. I'm going to try that.

#121040 - 06/25/07 10:26 AM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Good for you guys! Its actually not that bad. The key is to NOT skip meals. You want to wake up your metabolism rate and keep your sugar levels in balance. Thus, the six meals a day. And this is a lifestyle change, not a diet. At least for me it is. I've known for a long time that I needed to get back to fruits and veggies, fish and chicken. An occasional piece of pie, cake, or Oreo isn't going to kill me, but a steady diet of that stuff would.

So, here's to a healthy regime and something I haven't had in a long, long time. No, not that...AHEM....I'm talking about ENERGY!

#121041 - 06/25/07 03:55 PM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Good for you JJ. The chocolate fast would be the hardest for me.

Do you mind sharing the site where you got your tea? I drink quite a bit and I'm always looking for a bargain.

I'm the only one at my house that eats salad and always ended up throwing out much of it. I learned that cut up tomatoes were part of the problem. I started buying grape tomatoes and now put them in my salad. They cost a small fortune but I figure the health benefit is worth it and my salads last a few days longer.

I put red bell pepper (when I can find them), broccoli, leaf lettuce, baby carrots (because I don't have to cut up or wash them), and grape tomatoes in my salad. I buy black olives and keep them in a seperate container and add them to my salad on my plate. I eat less other foods if I eat a salad and for lunch sometimes that is all I eat (with a few crackers or cheese fishies).

#121042 - 06/25/07 04:04 PM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: Laurel]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Laurel,
I haven't bought from these people YET...but I think I'm going to. Its http://www.luckyvitamin.com/019067100301.html Actually, I always do an overkill on researching, so I'm still looking at other sites. If anyone has a TEA site they would recommend, please let us know. I'm wanting quality AND price. I'm sure you do too, Laurel.

Gals?

I use the grape tomatoes as well. Simply because they allow me to put as many or as few as I want. When I'm using the mandrian oranges, I don't do tomatoes. Something about the flavors that don't mix well for my own taste buds. But you are so right, the prices of those babies WOW! Ridiculous!

I love this time of year when we can visit the farmer's markets.

#121043 - 06/25/07 05:29 PM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: jawjaw]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I'm a tea drinker too. Love it! I like Red Rose tea. I drink their English Breakfast, Original, & Green. I like it with a little honey added to it. I use to be able to get the red rose tea at Kroger, but not anymore. So I order it off line like just about everything else. However, I don't see some of the teas that they had in the past, including the green. They have been updating so maybe they haven't added it back to the tea line yet. http://www.redrosetea.com/

#121044 - 06/25/07 06:36 PM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: Cookie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Wow, thanks Cookie....I love all these great resources. Who says there's only one way to order tea? I love it!

Here's the brand I've been buying. I'll probably give them a try as well. http://www.bigelowtea.com/

#121045 - 06/25/07 10:56 PM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

ps---their Red Raspberry is deelish...I didn't know there was no caffenine in it when I bought it though. I need the fix...hahaha...

#121046 - 06/25/07 11:24 PM Re: Favorite Munchies [Re: jawjaw]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
Of all the teas I have drank, I love the tea that I drank when we traveled through Canada on into Alaska. That was many years ago but I sure do remember the flavor! I always ordered hot tea when we stopped for a meal or a break in travel....it was delightful! I don't know what kind it was, but it sure wasn't Lipton!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved