The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#120144 - 10/05/07 12:19 AM Re: Age Limits [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Good for you hotflashgirl. Enjoy the trip. And I agree - working keeps the mind going and the spirits up. I know some people who definitely retired too young and it's a shame to see how little they have to offer now.

Another couple and Ross and I went to an Oriole game several weeks ago. In front of us sat about eight 20-something guys who were drinking like fish, having the time of their lives (well, probably not), and entertaining our whole section with all their comments. We were sitting directly behind the opponents dugout. They were hysterical. WE ended up cahtting it up with them before the night was over. They truly added to our ballpark experience. They left a little before us and it felt like the whole section was let down. The game was rather boring. Anyway, fun peple are electric and I love being around them whether I know them or not.

#120145 - 10/05/07 03:12 AM Re: Age Limits [Re: hotflashgal]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
hotflashgal, I applaud you. You fell in love with a guy many years your senior. I fell in love with a guy many years younger then me. I still feel for him and think of him a lot. What a strange world we live in. Truly age doesn't matter unless we have an issue with it.

#120146 - 10/23/07 07:17 AM Re: Age Limits [Re: Dianne]
luvneverends Offline

When I was around 20 years old, I hoped to marry an older guy with mature thoughts. Now, I would like to date a younger man with younger body. haha

http://www.seniorwoo.com/blog?thatsme

#120147 - 10/23/07 07:19 AM Re: Age Limits [Re: luvneverends]
luvneverends Offline

It is really an interesting question. Saw it many times. Gals, keep on posting your ideas.

http://www.seniorwoo.com/blog?thatsme

#120148 - 10/25/07 02:21 AM Re: Age Limits [Re: luvneverends]
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
This has been interesting. I'm sure those of you who are married do not envy those of us who are not. It's a strange, strange world out there these days. And yet, I am happy the majority of the time and would not go back to my previous marriage.

I still fantasize about the perfect guy. I well know he doesn't exist, except in my mind. But I do enjoy thinking about him from time to time.

The younger man in my earlier post turned out to have alot of problems. At times it has bordered on something scary, but has evened out lately (please keep your fingers crossed that things continue to improve). The older man from work and I have realized that we aren't "dating material," but "good friend material" instead. Why is it, if I'm honest with myself, that's what I'd really rather have these days anyway?

Newleaf, you and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

And I love the most recent comments about aging gracefully and staying alive and full of life. Maybe that's what we need to talk about now, how to keep the excitement for life alive. I for one, want to be one of those 90 year old women who is the life of the party and still ready for adventure. I do think Casey was right when she said it's all in your attitude (physical problems excluded). Some people just have "old attitudes" (like most of my family), and others stay young no matter what.

My grandmother was one of the most "young at heart" people I've ever known. What I wouldn't give to talk to her just one more time! Since that isn't possible, I'll just try to be as much like her as I can, and get as much life as possible out of every single day I'm on this earth.

You gals are the best!

Whirlwind

#120149 - 10/25/07 12:29 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: Whirlwind]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

whirlwind, let your grandmother be our example. You might want to stop by the book club thread. We are talking about who we would love to have just one more day with.

Also, I'm confused - you have gone from scary to wanting it to continue to improve. Just looking out for you, but should you revisit the part that was scary for your own safety?

#120150 - 10/25/07 02:57 PM Re: Age Limits
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Dotsie, I’ll check out the book thread, thanks for recommending that.

And my comment about “scary” had nothing to do with fear for my own personal safety. He “has” talked about hurting himself (and I found out that has been going on for years, he has been battling depression for a LONG time). He has recently sought professional help and is taking medication now (which seems to be working). That is what I was referring to when I said I wanted things to continue to improve, so that he can lead a happy, healthy life. He's a nice guy, he deserves that.

Whirlwind

#120151 - 10/26/07 02:47 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: Whirlwind]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Gotcha. I wasn't sure what you meant by that. Perhaps you've boosted his mood!

#120152 - 11/16/07 02:38 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: Dianne]
Upbeat Offline

The problem is that so many 50+ men look for a partner who will be their "mommy" side kick (with whom they can have sex).

Men 50 and younger seem to have a more modern attitude (of course I know that there are exceptions to these) of treating women as real partners.

I think once a woman goes through menopause and has that major reorganization of her brain (I went through this) - you are not satisfied to be treated the "traditional" way anymore. Of course, I speak from my own experience - but not exclusively, as I have known many women who have felt the same way.

#120153 - 11/17/07 02:58 PM Re: Age Limits [Re: Upbeat]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

upbeat, welcome. I love your screen name. How did you find us?

I agree with your comment, however, my brain is still being reorganized. We're tired of being the care-takers, organizers, domestic divas, etc. and want what men have been getting from us all these years.

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved