The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#119092 - 05/20/07 09:41 PM posts that time out
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Every now and then, I'll write a long post and then when I try to post it it says soemthing along the lines that it won't post. When this happens, hit the back button, cut and paste the post, then begin again.

It also happens if I answer the phone while I'm posting and then go back to finish when I get off the phone. I think too much time passes. Hope this helps.

#119093 - 05/20/07 10:27 PM Re: posts that time out
Emyjay Offline

Thanks for the info, Dotsie. This happens to me about 50% of the time.

So, I just started writing most of a long post, then writing the rest of my message on an additional post.

Hate to say this, but I do not know how to cut and paste.
I'm technologically challenged.

Anyway, I used to be very particular about having ever word spelled correctly and every comma in the right place.

Now when I create a post, it's like playing a game of Beat the Clock!

Once I get my house in order -- my current household goal --I'm going to visit my daughter-in-law who says she can teach me most of what I don't know in one afternoon.

Good luck, Karen!

Blessings,
Emily in Maryland

#119094 - 05/20/07 10:50 PM Re: posts that time out [Re: Emyjay]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Actually we have less trouble on this forum than on many others out there except for a blip or a bling or two every now and again, but we have no spam either, very nice...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#119095 - 05/21/07 12:49 PM Re: posts that time out [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Emyjay, when you learn to cut, copy and paste, you will save yourself a ton of work! My editor had to teach me years ago.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#119096 - 05/21/07 11:02 PM Re: posts that time out [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Emy, call me on the toll free line and I will teach you to cut and paste. It's simple. 1-877-bboomer.

Thanks for the good words about our forums Chatty. I think eveyone here tries to keep things in order and it works!

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved