The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#117579 - 05/12/07 06:28 PM Re: "Barbie" voices [Re: jawjaw]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I tell them they're going to have to slow down. I can't hear as fast as you talk.

My daughter talks ninety miles an hour. My husband and I have to tell her to slow down because we don't know what in the world she just said.

I must have a little girl's voice because even friends of ours will ask to speak to my mother when I answer the phone.

Laurel

#117580 - 05/29/07 01:33 AM Re: "Barbie" voices [Re: Laurel]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Me too, Laurel! My job is on the phone for 8 hrs. a day 5 days a week. I get called "honey" and "sweetheart" and "dear". I have one of those "angelic" voices I guess.

Now, take laughs....there's this guy at work who laughts and when he does, it just grates on my last nerve. He laughs like a Herkermer, like huck, huck, huck with breaks in his laughter like a hormonal teen.

One night I even went on a search for him to see what kind of man would laugh like that! I've heard female laughter that sounds like a tropical bird call and one of the things that unnerves me more than anything else is to be speaking to someone who says something and then laughs like, "I walked across the street today" haw haw haw, "I went shopping with my uncle." haw haw haw. My mind is screaming, "Its not funny!" Maybe its a nervous habit, but what the heck do you do when someone you're speaking to laughs at everything! I have to wonder if they've been smoking pot.

#117582 - 05/30/07 05:55 AM Re: "Barbie" voices [Re: ]
NewLeaf Offline

You know what gets me!!?? I'll be out in public and see an old fart with a young chick with an annoying chirpy voice and think she is his daughter only to realize she is the mother of his child.

Why can't women be in a relationship with someone young enough to be their son? My brother who is 54 married a young woman my oldest daughter's age. He is 20 years older than her. Truthfully, they get along great. They seem to really love each other.

Why do women seem to be the outcasts of society when they start to age? Look at Harrison Ford and Calista Lockhart. I'll bet he has to hire a committee to move his face when he wants to laugh. And Larry King,that ugly old fart has a baby. I guess as long as the gun is loaded, they are still in the hunt.

#117583 - 06/01/07 11:04 AM Re: "Barbie" voices [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That old fart Larry King hes two young sons. There is and always has been a double standard between men growing old and women growing old. Stinks!!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#117584 - 06/01/07 02:35 PM Re: "Barbie" voices [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

I think its because women are supposed to be beautiful and seductive their whole life and men's idea of beauty is supple, smooth skin and big boobs, a lineless face and thin. I've seen men go nuttsy over a woman just because she is thin and yet has the face of Alice Cooper! Sucking on one cigarette after the other and laughing like a rusty gate.

If you go on the dating websites its all about thin. I'm starting to think the chubs don't look too bad. Its whats in the heart and mind that matter most. My ex was thin but looked like Sponge Bob. Skinny legs and arms, a chubby tummy and square middrift and a big head and big feet.

Yet, he abhorred chubby or fat women. When I gained a pound or too he would say, "Well, I never say anything about your weight," course, he just did by saying he never does.....what a loser!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved