The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#1175 - 07/11/05 03:39 AM The Little Things
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
A friend sent this to me today...I'm a great believer that all the frustrating little interruptions that we think are keeping us from our daily life ARE our daily life. This little article seems to suggest that they might have a higher purpose.

The 'L I. T. T. L E' Things

As you might know, the head of a company survived 9/11 because his son started kindergarten that morning.
Another fellow was alive because it was his turn to bring donuts.
One woman was late because her alarm clock didn't go off in time.
One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike because of an auto accident.

One of them missed his bus.
One spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change.
One's car wouldn't start.
One went back to answer the telephone.
One had a child that dawdled
and didn't get ready as soon as he should have.
One couldn't get a taxi.

The one that struck me was the man who put on a
new pair of shoes that morning, took the various
means to get to work but before he got there,
he developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.

Now when I am stuck in traffic, miss an elevator,
turn back to answer a ringing telephone...all the little things that annoy me, I think to myself,
this is exactly where God wants me to be at this very moment..

Next time your morning seems to be going wrong, the children are slow getting dressed, you can't seem to find the car keys, you hit every traffic light, don't get mad or frustrated; God is at work watching over you.

May God continue to bless you with all those annoying little things and may you remember their possible purpose.

#1176 - 07/11/05 03:59 AM Re: The Little Things
robowidowk Offline

Loc: Arizona
Eagle, How true! Thanks for reminding me that it's the little things that make my life so real. When my boy were young, they taught me, what was more important, listening to the nuggets coming from their precious mouths, or the getting those dishes getting done! Guess what, I'm still doing dishes, but I'm still listening to my boys! (This also goes for friends and coworkers too!)

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved