The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 169 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#116960 - 05/04/07 01:06 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Poppie]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Tell us about the meeting!

#116961 - 05/04/07 02:48 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Right now, it's still a wish and a dream, but...

My sister moved to London this past weekend (I am missing her) and if she decides to stay and finds a way to stay, my want is to visit her in late October, early November or maybe at Christmas.

If this happens, then Po and Celtic and Lucien and Hannelore and Lola and I will get an opportunity to meet up. All made possible by you, Dotsie. Thank you.

#116962 - 05/05/07 10:10 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
There is a great site made by Dotsie
Where laughing and crying is lotsie.

There four women did meet.
Grandson adopted! What a feat!

Come join us in London ! Let's get gutsy!

#116963 - 05/05/07 10:14 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

This is great, Hannelore. Wouldn't it be great if a whole bunch of boomer women met in London?

Anyone out there want to take Hannelore's challenge and get gutsy?

#116964 - 05/06/07 11:39 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Thanks for all the kind words, but I have to tell you...it's my pleasure. I do what I love, and I love what I do.

Hannelore, thanks for the graphic. I feel like it should be the logo for BWS.

#116965 - 05/08/07 11:38 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea a great site AND great people on it. a perfect combinasion eh!

#116966 - 06/02/07 08:14 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: celtic_flame]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Lets not fight over who is thee lickiest gal in the world....but just right now, I feel like I am taking poll position today.

I have just had my first(of many I hope) live chat with
Mom Ann...she sounded as adoreable, witty, sweet and all the other realy cool and smart things as she would come across in the forums.

I am delighted...and of course talked toothepaste back into the tube...as I do these days.
Thank you Mom for being a dear and chatting with us this eve...and thank you again Dotsie for the wonderful mission you are achieving, because of your forums, our lives are becomming more and more enriched..with many amazing connections happening

Much Love

Pauline

ps...check me out trying to sound all 'growed up'
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#116967 - 06/02/07 09:18 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Poppie]
Anno Offline

Yes, we had a marvelous chat. Both Celtic and Popea sounded just as I would assume - loving, full of life and intellegent as could be.

Sorry, Po, but I still think I am the luckiest girl in the world. How many boomer women out there, without children, have found themselves lucky enough to adopt a whole family? Thanks, Dots. You and all of your work has made this dream come true.

Edited by Anno (06/02/07 09:19 PM)

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#116968 - 06/02/07 10:01 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Pauline, plus you got to meet Lola! How cool was that?

#116969 - 06/03/07 12:09 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yip po meet lola i got to chat to her on the phone and see pics she a sweethart, and i know help po get back and feel part of her original religion without the guilt or feeling of not belonging. I get text the other day saying she just left mass and was considerring going to sing with the quire (did i spell that right lol)

from maa annie we have the backgrowen chats in private (informative and intresting) pluss a frend on the boared to chatt with and have fun.

Pics we recived, gifts for the bairn, he knows her name and has a better sences of bellonging becouse of it

oh an example of when it probiblie saved his self esteem his frend carl was chatting about his dad in the back of his mums car and asking about luciens dad, carls mum intervined and said l dosent have a dad but has 2 mums...who knows what he made of this but it killed the conversasion. (i leave it to the kids parent to tell them what they want i don't feel its my place)

.........but the next topic was grannies lol carl went on about his grannie and of course asked were was luciens he "said far far away im merica" (he cant prenonice that yet) but he had a kite and helowcopter lol....i felt for him in that moment and was just soooooo gratfull he had something to say on this subject his mate was satisfied and lucien was happie too he could join in the chatt about that subject . i don't think he knows or thinks anything of the distances.....waite till i tell him superman and spiderman are american lol he'll be delighted....

anno next time we can try and time it better our end for him to be up he gose to bed at 7 so thats about 1 ishie your time, thats possible to do......and he be delighted.

so their it is your important and a good frend and support in the mommies life, someone for lucien to think about and know he cared about, we do talk to him about you farlie often, and in terms of his frends he has someone to talk about when they talking about grannies, that sorta thing so important for kids and especillie at his age....

when i joined this boared i never dreamed i'd have any of this or shared the things i have with you all or had the frends that i care about and respect.....one never knows weer things turn out when they start

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved