The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 151 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#116950 - 04/30/07 11:15 PM Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Not quite step parenting, but .....

As many of you know, I have "adopted" Celtic's child as my grandchild. Let me tell you, adoption is never, ever just a child.

I feel like I am on cloud 109. I received a cd today with Celtic and Lucien talking, reading and singing. I cried through most of the tape and when I wasn't crying, I was trying to figure out what they both were saying.

It's one of those presents I will keep forever and a day. I know that I have not only adopted a great grandson, but two wonderful daughters who I love, love, love.

Thank you!

#116951 - 04/30/07 11:45 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That is so special and I am so very happy for ALL of you. Yes, your daughters are such fine, sweet women and we love them as well! And now you have a grandson. It just doesn't get any better than this, does it? Dotsie has done the world a favor, hasn't she? Connecting souls from hither and yonder.

CONGRATS!

#116952 - 05/01/07 11:06 AM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Absolutely, a big favor to the world! Sure has made a difference in MY life.

#116953 - 05/01/07 01:41 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
How awesome. I hope you bring the CD when we have our next secret meeting so I can enjoy it too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#116954 - 05/01/07 01:58 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How thoughtful of Celtic and Lucien. I'd love to hear it. What a great idea.

This reminds me of the old pen pals of our youth, but richer.

#116955 - 05/01/07 04:53 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Celtic told me she sent you something REALLY special! But that is just the nicest gift ever.

Oh yes, grandmaw, you are now officially baptised as such...cause you have cried happy grandmaw tears.

#116956 - 05/01/07 04:59 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Edelweiss]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
What a sweet story, Anno. One of these days you may get to meet each other. Won't that be special.

#116957 - 05/01/07 05:06 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
now i worked out the recording process and gotten lucien used too it (give him a mic he's a star)....and have shown po, she set up for the next one we taking turnes each.

I was lukie to have the first go.....theirs a sequile thought out and being conducted by the other mommie....i can't ruin the surprise though i wanna tell...(couse i can't keep a secrete)

its great you see us both as doughters...out of nappies but just as troubelsom as any other doughters....at lest we at the stage were we might make ya proud....

we know you proud of po alreadie i have to do something now lol..

she the talented one (music, jewlarie, art) i am the prettie one lol.no, the silent one lol, no... i would say i was the smart one but i know she just put a*** on the end of smart ...(she's quick enough )

im blushing and chuffed that your pleased with our idea anno, now we all happie in this house too.

#116958 - 05/01/07 08:48 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Ooops. I made a senile error! I meant to say, Po and Celtic boy, Lucien! Grannie moment,that's for sure.

Yes, Dianne, I will bring the cd for you to hear.
Yep, Dotsie, penpals but much richer.
Hannelore, officially baptised in Grannie tears of pure joy.
Chick - we are planning to meet up this fall. I am hoping and wishing, and planning and praying.

Celtic AND Po, I do think of you as daughters, and I am extrememly proud of you.

BWS ladies - you must know that I heard such gentle, loving care in these voices. Makes a grannie proud.

#116959 - 05/02/07 06:33 PM Re: Luckiest Girl in the Whole World [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Yup..and I am the stroppy one out of the daughters!!! Sorry Mom!!!
I am quite busy just now...but wait till you get my little'project'.....I can't wait for your responce. I am so made up and happy that we can grow with time as part of an extended family...I am toooo excited about the great meeting up in the fall!! How fab...and JJ, this does serve to highlight Dotsies mission....big time

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved