The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#116590 - 08/20/07 09:06 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Okay, I'm confused. You have said quite a few times how sex with your husband was carnal. I thought that was what kept you hanging on. I'm not trying to be argumentative. I'm just confused.

Listen, we all want what is best for you. There has to come a time in a woman's life when she understands that there is more meaningful things in life than having a man be attracted to her. I know that new love feels wonderful but not when it could hurt you. We have to take time to find a more spiritual side of us that doesn't need attention from anyone--male or female. An inner acceptance, a self-love and self-respect.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#116591 - 08/21/07 03:29 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Dianne]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
Quote:

We have to take time to find a more spiritual side of us that doesn't need attention from anyone--male or female. An inner acceptance, a self-love and self-respect.

that's a great goal and necassarie somepeople when young have a drive to achive this spirituale state or part of themselfs for others its more to do with waiting untill time rolls on and life becomes quite enough to go look for it eg when kids have left the nest, or carriers at a satisfactorie level, So i agree with you whole hartidlie on this one di.

i'm just wonderring if you think the search for someone new hinders this process or one can get carried away with a new romances the op-pertunitie to take time to know oneself gets lost. Is that your thinking di?

Do you think its possible to do the spirituale search and descoverie when one has a partner or do you think its more comprihensive when one is alone in the world?

just curiouse to what others think on this one?

#116592 - 08/21/07 02:33 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

For myself, when I was single and delving deeper into my spirituality, there was nothing like a man who came along to stop my searching. Suddenly, most of my energy was put toward him so yes, I think it's imperative to take time to be alone, be quiet and listen.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#116593 - 08/21/07 02:59 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Celtic, it is absolutely possible to do a spiritual search while married - even if your spouse isn't on the same page spiritually. Everyone is in a different place on their spiritual journeys. I don't believe any two are ever in the same place.

#116594 - 08/21/07 11:49 PM Re: Its Officially Over...
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I believe it's different with a spouse, although it's possible. I really enjoy my spiritual journey, which is something my husband doesn't really share, at least we don't talk about it much. That's a bit sad for me, but it doesn't stop me.

Whether you are in or out of a relationship, I believe with Dianne that it's important to take time to be alone and be quiet and listen.

New Leaf, you also have me confused. From your posts over the last year, I can recall many times when I thought you were with your ex-. Do you mean you were living in separate residences?

#116595 - 08/22/07 01:51 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Casey]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Celtic, in answer to your question, I think it is possible to journey mind, body, spirit with or without another person. I think that the relationship itself is part of the journey. If we all waited for another to be at the same place as us, then we'd all be waiting...to play "catch up." I had to learn that my husband has his own way in his own time. In a marriage counseling session, I complained that he never got quiet, there was always noise via TV or 2 TVs simultaneously, and, I asked, "Why can't he just have quiet, like me?" and the counselor said that I can't expect him to be on the same page as me. However, he is more engaged in discussions about spirituality than before. Also, I had to spend years alone without the "noise" of a relationship to even get started on a journey.

#116596 - 08/22/07 09:33 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Princess Lenora]
Mountain Ash Offline

I feel we are all on an individual journey.Even with my church I see where we all differ in time and space but care about the core.When we meet another who is on our "wavelenghth" there is an instant recognition.For me this can be anywhere .In a shop at a concert and even with an author.The Universal love and connection is on a plane in itself.
Adversity illness and bereavment can enhance the journey and how we cope..In a word authentic living.Its exciting and I gtrasp with both hands this journey.
Mountain ash

#116597 - 08/22/07 02:36 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Mountain Ash]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Do you notice that when you are on a spiritual journey you will meet like minds? Someone who is exploring the same thoughts and patterns?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#116598 - 08/22/07 03:02 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
mountain, and may I add the instant recognition of being on the same "wavelength" also happens in forums!

#116599 - 08/24/07 02:33 PM Re: Its Officially Over...
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Wow, so much going on here. First, Casey and Di, I haven't lived with my ex in the same house for three years. During that time we have stayed in contact and have had sex occasionally up until he moved into his new apartment. That was the final straw for me. My feelings for him finally died. He has closed too many doors for me to open.

I have spent my whole life on a spiritual journey only to find that all the efforts, the mind and soul searching were wasted effort. The journey's end is inevitable nothing I can do to change its outcome ultimately.

I probably know myself better than anyone can know themselves, have come to terms with my shortcomings, have done all I can do to change the things I can and have accepted graciously the things I can't change.

I am a professional at taking nothing and making something special out of it...of taking a bag of garbage and making it useful and pleasant.

Life isn't that complicated that we have to take a sabatical from relationships and bow out for a time of reflection and whatever...we are ALL spiritual beings and will live on eternally even after we die, so looking for our spiritual selves is like looking in a mirror. We are spirit body and mind. No journey to find necessary.

Page 14 of 15 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved