The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#116459 - 04/26/07 06:34 PM Its Officially Over...
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Last night my "husband" practically begged me to spend the night at "his" house which he shares with a young couple. I didn't want to but thought I would just to appease him.

I got there and he started in right away criticizing my daughter and my grandchildren in front of this couple. He said the girl could watch Dublin and Aaliyah for me but their mother would have to call the girl and officially ask her herself, not through me.

I was text messaging Katie to let her know what she needed to do when my "husband" came in and demanded to know what I was doing. I said I was letting Katie know she needed to call the girl herself and ask. He was drunk and agitated and kept harassing me to see if Katie had called yet.

I kept trying and finally I said, "She doesn't understand what I'm trying to tell her to do." My text msging is a challenge at best.

He flew into a rage and started screaming at me to get the F out of his house, right now, repeating it and repeating it and in front of the young couple. I had been playing a computer game and tried to close it out. He screamed at me to leave his computer the F alone and get the F out of his house and go take care of my D...ed grandchildren.

I got my things with him in hot pursuit of me and went to my car, never to return again. Never. He's humiliated me, hurt me, degraded me and hasn't been there for me during my; hardest most trying times of life.

Who needs that??!!

I took my rings off and I'm done.

#116460 - 04/26/07 08:03 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I'm so sorry you went through such a degrading, horrifying episode with your husband. Has he ever had those kind of reactions while you were living in the same house?

My first reaction is what an a$$!! Protect yourself and your finances first.

I'm so sorry. I've read your message over and over and I can't find anything good to talk about. I hope you're doing well and haven't let him get inside your head. Stay positive. Be independent. Self assured. Stay strong.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#116461 - 04/26/07 11:47 PM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
He's trying to say he is dieing now. He just sent me a message telling me he is passing blood. What should I do????

#116462 - 04/27/07 01:05 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: NewLeaf]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Newleaf, stop the drama now. He wants you to react, do NOT CONTACT HIM. He wants to control and antagonize you to gain contol of you and the situation. Separate households exist, continue that existance, move on and once your present legal battle with the grandkids concludes or nears conclusion, get a divorce, or file now. It's time to put the trash out. Please know that I have only your best interests at heart as well as my prayers.

#116463 - 04/27/07 01:07 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: ]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
NewLeaf, he's a big boy. If he's passing blood then he can haul his own butt to the doctor. You are not responsible for him.

Kathy

#116464 - 04/27/07 02:20 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Sounds to me like an attempt to manipulate. I've been there, done that, and it will just drag you right back in. You are not responsible for him. Don't get pulled back in to his manipulations!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#116465 - 04/27/07 03:11 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: yonuh]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
He's trying to get sympathy, don't give him any. I'm with Kathy he's a big boy. If he's that bad off let his friends take him.

Also, ask yourself if he'd help you if you were in the same situation?

Laurel

#116466 - 04/27/07 04:34 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: Laurel]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Newleaf, I agree with the above comments. He's jerking your string for his own enjoyment. I doubt he's sick at all.

But just to be on the safe safe, I'd buy the most treacly barfy cutesy get well card you can find, and send it with something -- can you locate a rabbit foot keychain? super-glue a four-leaf clover (real or construction paper) to the card? -- anything that says you really don't give a (%^!@#&)(

Poet and essayist

#116467 - 04/27/07 06:59 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: meredithbead]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Nobody deserves that Newleaf. Be strong. Try not to play his games. He sounds very manipulative... passing blood, how dramatic. Wouldn't you think the people he lives with would have him at the hospital if that were the case? He makes me yawn.
You have my support and encouragement, be good to yourself. You probably feel like things are a little crazy right now, but could I suggest that you just take one day at a time, and know that you are doing the right thing for your own well being and safety. ((((Big hugs))))
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#116468 - 04/27/07 07:30 AM Re: Its Officially Over... [Re: SharonE]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
The nerve of him to ask for your help after he talked to you that way!
I agree with Sharon, be strong. Sorry, I wouldn't waste another thought on him.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 ... 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved