The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#11637 - 05/13/04 05:39 PM Re: parents caring for us
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Micki, love it. Ear rings from your dad and dog on Mother's day [Big Grin] . What a man.

For those of you who don't know, Micki's dad and mine were in Korea together and they have been friends ever since!

#11638 - 05/17/04 05:18 AM Re: parents caring for us
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Thank God my Mother is still here on earth, as is Daddy. Both are Godly, Christian people who have blessed many in their day including their three children. I call Mom every Saturday - sometimes in the middle of the week as well - to see how her week has gone, what she and Daddy are up to, just to say hello and I love you.

Mom and I are planning a huge surprise gift for Mom's youngest daughter and my sister and we're having a ball. We'll all be blessed by this gift, that's one reason it's so much fun.

Mom sent me a Valentine Day card - the only one I received. When she's gone on to glory, there will be a tear in the fabric of the universe. But the angles will be rejoicing in Heaven!

#11639 - 05/17/04 10:44 PM Re: parents caring for us
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Sandra, picturing my mom dancing the streets of heaven with all her loved ones who have gone before is one way of allowing me to rejoice in her death. [Big Grin]

#11640 - 05/18/04 04:13 AM Re: parents caring for us
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Yes, Dotsie - I believe in death there can be celebration amongst the pain. A friend of mine had a "homegoing" party for her Daddy when he died. Some folks didn't understand the celebration aspect but it gave her great comfort.

#11641 - 05/18/04 04:34 AM Re: parents caring for us
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I think I've posted about my Dad's funeral which was a celebration much like a roast. A cousin who is a public speaker told all the funny and poignant stories of my Daddy's life.
At first folks in that small farming community didn't know how to respond. They expected the sad somber funeral that most people have. But soon their tears were being choked away with laughter and everyone was reliving their own funny memories about my Daddy.
Afterward one of the older men said, "If he was here, old Hank would have loved this."
Another of Daddy's elderly friends said, "Hell, he is here."
I understood that. My Daddy's spirit was as alive there at that celebration as it had ever been. Since then, many of Daddy's friends have told Mom that they hope they have a funeral like Daddy's. But there will never be another one exactly like it. Daddy was a unique and special person.
The memories of those funny stories and the love in that small country church on that day comfort me even now.
smile

#11642 - 05/19/04 03:41 PM Re: parents caring for us
Toni Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi Dotsie,

I think it is wonderful and a blessing that you still have that kind of relationship with your parents. I used to have that but time has erased that 'closeness.'

I will try and focus on the 'happy times' with my folks. Those memories are so precious.

#11643 - 05/19/04 10:18 PM Re: parents caring for us
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smile, I once attended a funeral dinner celebration for a friend of my husband's. The family had a catered affair and between dinner and dessert people were asked to stand and share stories so everyone could hear.

I hardly knew the man and I was teary eyed listening to his family and friends share. It was beautiful and a tremendous celebration.

Sounds like your dad was a great man!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved