The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 176 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#115873 - 05/08/08 08:08 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hey Poppie is poppin again! Say hello to Celtic. So glad to hear your family will be together over the summer months.

#115874 - 05/08/08 11:50 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Yuhoooo! Po! So glad to see you pop in, gal. And congrats on completing your first year! Wuhoo! I know you are ready for a break and look forward to being together all summer with your family. Good for you all!

#115875 - 05/30/08 07:33 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: jawjaw]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
So, heres the update as promised. I don't recall if I posted about my first exibition at the start of this year..relating to an artistic creation relating to the word 'eat'...our brief. Well, mine was a table set with plates with the faces of all the ten dead 'hungerstrikers' of 81' in Northen Irish Gaols...and just name places with the mens name and date of death....mostly all in May of 1981.

It was a controvertial peice..but a pretty sunning and emotive one...which stole centre stage and got me lots of great feedback..and my name spoke about in all sorts of exciting ways.
Well...our end of year catwalk show is on the 3rd of June and M and I are flying over to support my group. I am not displaying my peices as close to submission I ended up in the middle of a 'down cycle' with my bi-polar. It was set of by being treated with morpine for a physical problem..and it knocked me for six. Fro the first in a long time...I was able to nip the progression in the bud. My med team, the student body and my roomies were superb...and it played out without it's usual reign of chaos. So..I submitted early..so I could come home a couple of weeks early...and all is good whre that is concerned.

Has anybody been keeping abreast of the going ons at The Cannes Film Fest. Well, Steve McQueen has released a movie called 'Hunger'..which tells the story mostly of 'Bobby Sands' who led the strike to start of with...he (McQueen) has won an award and the film should air soon. When that happens..I am going public with my instalation from the exibition..only it will be on canvas. The timing couldn't be more perfect...this is the beginnings of me getting my mark made with the type of art I always said I would produce..'that which pulls asunder the shifts and changes of the cultural and political landscape in Ireland over the past thirty years'. It was one of the reasons why the Uni wanted me on the course. Michelle has a contact who is a female journalist who wishes to interveiw me, she is from somewhere in big ole America...so we shall see how this pans out.

One year down..and I am screaming...bring it on for number 2,I love my life, for it is truly charmed..even with the glitches

I hope that you all got what I am going on about...I think that the first exibition is talked about further back in this thread....

If explanations or clarifications are needed..just ask(cos I can talk toothepaste back into the tube)

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved