The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115863 - 01/16/08 03:46 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Anno]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Bobby Sands was the most famous of the Irish Hunger strikers of 1981.

He was elected as a member of British parliment(for my home County) whilst interned in prison and during his hunger strike...which was for better conditions and political status, for all prisoners...not just republican.

Their fight was about human rights and they had support from prisoners(political),from all over the world.

On the little black A cards above the plates...I put their names and just their dates of death. Powerul visual indeed

Poppie

Roll on Sunday Mom :-)
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115864 - 01/17/08 02:22 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Anno]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Poppie, congratulations on all your artisitc work, and for feeling so fab about it. What is this about Celtic moving to London? And Lucien is at home in London? What will you be doing while you are off for 3 weeks? Resting a bit, I bet. Take care, L, PL

#115865 - 01/30/08 08:37 AM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Poppie Offline

Hi Lenora, with the exibition over....tha past three weeks have been deicated to my work which is due for assesment in the 31st(thursday!!!)

We have recieved the breif for our next two semesters for the double design and make module.

It involves us looking at body adornment through what our own preconceptions of what bracelettes, necklaces and other jewellry items are.

Then looking at it all from a historical pespective.

We need to produce 98 analytical drawings for asssessment in May...a large body of visual reaearch with primary drawings and research for next week, along with a statement of intent for producing a large peice of jewellry and one small peice which will be fo our end of term 'catwalk' show!!! Exciting and scary!!

I seem to be going down the road of slavery, human trafficing as modern day slavery to bondage as contemporary body adornment(collars, cuffs and chains, etc)

As usual, I have the peices of jewellry already formed in my head...but I realy have to work the other way..from the outside in!

I will of course keep ya'll posted

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115866 - 01/31/08 11:17 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
PL lucien is heer with me in belfast, think po ment he felt quite at home in london not he is at home their. He's just had his edu. psychologie asssment to see what type of schooling he will have on offer to him. I waiting for the spacilist team to descuss his case then get back to me, its done diffrentlie in scotland but ha! i live heer unfortunitilie.
Thers some lose talk about us moving to london to overcome the long distances stuff with the problems it brings to relashionships. Their are a lot of if's but and maybee's in the minet as so much is as yet unknowen regarding lucien.

the interum plan was that we meet up once a mounth for a long weekend at the lest, but unfotunitilie its not gonna happen that way its gonna be another 3 mounths before po can get some time off. All important dates in the meantime and we stuck in diffrent parts of countrie.

Po's dads gota his 70th birthday big event, big partie relatives from canada comming. Our 1 st anniversarie (belive it or not, 1 yr alreadie tommorow)now theirs a surprise. I gonna celibrate with a frend anyway who's gonna cook dinner, then theirs a womans night in a club (if l stays well enough to be babiesat) all in all a good celibration (who said it has to be with your partner lol). po's celibratting in a pub with her frends at the moment.
Luciens 4th birthday.
po's unfotunitlie gonna miss them all.

Think i going to scotland for childs birthday let him celibrate with his cousins he be delighted with that option (he wants to live their lol, its 3 male big cussons and my sister thats a big softie, he's bowled over. Po having her 40th birthday in london too.

So sadlie po's missing a lot but things at times have to be sacrificed and i still belive all things happen as they are for a reason the trick is descoverring uncoverring the reason. All seems to get clearer as i go along, a good thing at long last.

one good thing was getting to london for the exibition, the main bad that came out of it was i
1. couldn't afford to go when ann was their (and i messed up dates or got a garbled message of when she was gonna be their)
2. missed her whole visite compleatlie which i was undeniablie sad about. I been looking forwared to it like po had for a yr (approximatlie)i hope for something sometime in the future.

at this stage i be happie with just the photos of wen po and ann met lol.

this is first i managed to get near the computer sinces new yr things have been heactic and happening so fast at the moment, all seems to be about finances and about luciens educasions, i sure, i hope lol it work out well.

#115867 - 01/31/08 11:49 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hi Po and Celtic, so good to hear from you, and about Lucien. I can't believe he's going to be 4. And Po is only 40? That's not fair. I don't like being the older sister. I like being the the youngest princess. Celtic, are you saying you and Po only 1 year so far? It seems like I have known you two together forever. Po, I am not surprised you are taking on the subject of body wear in terms of human trafficking. You will (do) have the way to create in context with social issues. When I first started reading about your assignment, I somehow pictured in my mind African adornment. Then when I read what you had in mind, I thought, wow, that's so "right on." You know what I mean? Love to you all, PL

#115868 - 02/02/08 01:00 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Princess Lenora]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
no its been 8 yrs or so we been together. But a cival partner ship was a year ago today, yesterday. it was splassed all over bommers with photos and such and the ladies heer were righting and encouraging with lots of support and oppinions )positive) on deatails.
thats the year and i mention it becouse so much was done and disclosed on bommers, just wanted to say or show ladies how fast time flies. I sure po be able to post the link back to that bommer stuff.

a side note pl, triey to pm you regardin g the wonderfull thing you sent and it comming up that your not accepting any private pm's. i know this is reacent change , hope nuthibng untoward has happend to couse the change. and thanks again for the gift.

#115869 - 02/02/08 06:47 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: celtic_flame]
Princess Lenora Offline

CF, oh yes of course now I remember. How could I forget? Yes, it was on BWS and we were all very excited for you and Po. I will PM you, and you are most welcome!

#115870 - 05/06/08 09:16 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Poppie Offline

Hey my freinds, I have missed you all big time, things have been pretty chaotic for our end of year,'calwalk ' finale!!! I have loved mt first year and have learned so much in such a short space of tine.
Nonetheless, I will be the happiest woman alive when I see my family.

In a couple of weeks I go home to Ireland for summer break..
I promise to post some of my progress when I have it returned from assesssments.

Big Loves

Poppie

#115871 - 05/06/08 10:03 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: Poppie]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hey Poppie, we missed you too! Glad that university has been a rewarding experience so far, and even happier that you'll have some well-needed time with your beloved family.

Poet and essayist

#115872 - 05/07/08 08:58 PM Re: Shiney ,new update on University! [Re: meredithbead]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
So nice of you to pop in and say hello. You are always missed and I bet your family will be just as happy to see you as you are to see them. HUGS to you all.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved