The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 138 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115629 - 04/20/07 12:46 AM Another chin hair...augghhh!!!
madhatter Offline

Loc: North Florida
Okay...I can't sleep. My butt is larger. I will eat any chocolate within five miles. I cry at McDonald's commercials...

Why the heck must I have so many chin hairs???!!!!

#115630 - 04/20/07 01:10 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: madhatter]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Shoot honey, what you just described is a good day for me. Just wait till you start making beeping sounds when you back up, THEN you got probs, k?

#115631 - 04/20/07 01:33 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chin hairs; upper lip hairs; nose hairs; ear hairs, oh wait, that's the SO, only the first two are mine!! LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#115632 - 04/20/07 02:05 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: yonuh]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I think it's because we thought they were so gross on our mothers! LOL!!

#115633 - 04/20/07 03:09 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I feel like that's all I do is pluck and shave.

I could grow a pretty impressive moustache if I wanted to.

Maybe I could join the circus. Always good to have a backup career plan.

Laurel

#115634 - 04/20/07 05:43 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Laurel]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Laurel, you are cracking me up!

#115635 - 04/20/07 08:44 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Oh Jane...I am with you honey on this one!!! Mum had many strange ways indeed(at least thats what I thought as a kid!)
She was a beautiful woman and a lady, her and my Dad cut a very handsome couple indeed. She had a routine where she would do household chores, grab a coffee and sit in a chair facing the window and telly... then out would come these mysterious things called 'tweasers' and a little mirror. I never actually saw her with chin, upper lip or excess eyebrow hair for years...then slowly the mystery unravelled!! EEEWWWW...I was grossed....being the only fair skinned lighter haired on of the family(the rest being very dark)...I thought I would have escaped the tweaser thing. My Mum was a 'creaking gate' for most of my later years and she would be in and out of hospital all the time....thee most important thing to her was her tweasers!!!(Even when she couldn't breathe!!!)
John Wayne used to say in his older movies..'Don't let me die with my boots on'....mums version was about tweasers and she MEANT it!!
I have to confess...when I was in High shcool...we had a head nun who shaved her chin and neck...she had five o'clock shadow and all. She was pretty awful to me and tonns of other gals...so instead of outright naughty behaviour, or challenge...I would sometimes sneak into her office during break tmes and leave shaving foam and the likes with nasty notes attatched!!!
So...I guess this is payback!!
Thank the godess of hair removal products...eh. I once heard Oprah making a comment which cracked me up...she was chatting about the aging process and made a throw away comment about..'stray pubes making their way to her chin and multiplying....like, whats with that!!!'
Laurel...hair removal products are fab...without them I would be grossed pretty regularly.

Po
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115636 - 04/20/07 02:11 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Poppie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I just go in once a month and get waxed. It's become a part of my maintenance but I don't want to get old and have chin hairs and not know it so my daughters have promised to shave me.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#115637 - 04/20/07 02:54 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dianne]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I pluck and I pluck but they keep coming back. If you find me in quiet contemplation rubbing my chin like I'm in deep thought, don't believe it for a minute, I'm actually feeling for any little hairs that may need tweezing.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#115638 - 04/20/07 03:52 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
While wandering through Linen n Things I picked up a gadget that was advertised on TV a while back - Tweez'e

It's meant for hair removal - the upper lip, etc. I have to tell you - it works, but hurts like hell. Pulls the hair out at the root - and for the chin - it's fine. The skin on my upper lip is so sensitive that using it there brings tears to my eyes.

#115639 - 04/20/07 05:52 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: browser57]
Poppie Offline

lol...Vicki...I know that gaze too...Its my reflective, discerning one" !!!

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115640 - 04/20/07 10:16 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Poppie]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Tweezers and creams and razors galore. I can't think of anything else anymore. I remember my mother saying, "You'll be sorry..." the first time I shaved my legs. I don't remember her having all these hairs so I must take after my father.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#115641 - 04/20/07 10:55 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: browser57]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
And why, when the hairs on the legs start to disappear, do the hairs on the toes appear? I pluck those, too, and it hurts!

#115642 - 04/21/07 12:46 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Anno]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Thanks Madhatter.

You're post caused me to put my reading glasses on and look in the mirror.

Good heavens, I have them too! I never knew! Why don't people tell you these things?

I shall look upon them as a outward sign of wisdom, for all to see and admire..... then pull them OUT.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#115643 - 04/21/07 07:22 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: SharonE]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm like Vickie -- always checking my chin to see if I feel any strays! And then I'll be at a craft fair, and no way to get rid of them

WHEN do the hairs on my legs start to thin??? I've seen absolutely no sign of that whatsoever

Poet and essayist

#115644 - 04/21/07 11:51 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ha ha, Sharon. too funny.

I'm a fare-skinned person, and my sons didn't have to shave till they were about 21. So I never thought I would ever have this kind of problem...Ha, I wish! I don't get those hairy whiskers on my chin; .. I get them under my nose. And yes my hair on top of my head is thinning...something is wrong with the system here. Got to have a talk with the boss.

#115645 - 04/21/07 01:12 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Laurel Offline

Hannelore,
I think some hairs just relocate or get lost.

Diane,
I too used to go to the salon and get waxed but you have to let your hair grow out quite a bit first and mine is pretty dark.

I tried electrolysis for years. It didn't work. A big waste of money.

Laurel

#115646 - 04/21/07 04:23 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Laurel]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Eeeeoooowwww!! Funny but gross, geeze, do I need to start looking for stray hairs too??!!

I've never noticed anything strange in that department yet. I shave places many people wouldn't but don't think hairs on toes were a problem. Now I'm looking at my feet and wondering if I need to exfoliate them??!! Do people really care if you have toe hairs? They're blonde and only on the big ones? I'm totally grossed out by crusty feet. I mean TOTALLY..cracked heels, crusty pads and all. I'd much rather see a toe hair or two than a nasty callous.

In France underarm and leg hair are considered sexy. I used to have a love trail from my navel down then after having my first child it mysteriously disappeared. I missed it!

Some natural hair is good. In FL it gets so hot that some areas need to be free to "breathe" as someone else put it in another post so those get shaved but thankfully I've never noticed a moustache or strays anywhere.

I arch my own eyebrows. Used to have a unibrow as a teen..thank you mom for taking me to your favorite hairdresser for my first eyebrow arch.

Gee, you all have given me something to look forward to. I'm still searching for zits at 57! Now, that's unfair!

#115647 - 04/23/07 01:36 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

WHEN do the hairs on my legs start to thin??? I've seen absolutely no sign of that whatsoever

For me it started a few years ago, I honestly don't need to shave much on my legs anymore. Only shave um, every 3-5 wks. Honest. And I cycle so I am wearing shorts every day during spring, summer and fall and must look ok especially when I first walk into the office to change for work.

It's hereditary from my mother. She seemed have less hair (not that she had much on her legs anyway) as she aged. Probably also when I was younger in my 20's, I didn't shave my legs religiously/fanatically...if I could get away with barely noticeable hairs here and there, I did. So did not want to encourage thicker growth.

And my underarms only need shaving, um every 3-5 weeks...or MORE. The hair is thinning.....

So aging in this respect, is liberating.

Having black hair and being Asian ...can go either way, it's a pain in the butt or like me, one isn't "hairy" much in the lst place.

For instance I've never had to shave back of my thighs/legs. I just never had hair there.

But yea, you'll never catch me in a super string bikini.

#115648 - 04/23/07 05:22 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Every now and then, I find a fine blonde hair on my cheek. By the time I see it, it's about a half inch long. Then I wonder how long it's been there. Funny thing. It's always in the same place.

I went through a period of time where I was having my brows waxed, but I gave up on it. I was often burned by the wax. So instead of needing to tweeze, I walked around with little scabs. Not very attractive. Then they tried using wax for sensitive skin and it happened again. So much for that.

#115649 - 04/23/07 02:24 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!!
Laurel Offline

Don't have to shave your legs much!!

What's up with that. Lord girls, I can practically watch the hairs on my legs grow. I must have gotten your share.

Probably why God gave me boys.

My daughter's adopted and she hardly has hair on her legs. Thank God.

Laurel

#115650 - 04/23/07 02:43 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Laurel]
madhatter Offline

Oh...all of you have made me laugh and feel so much better. Isn't it funny; how sharing halves the annoyance?

One more thing...one of my friends and I have given the stray chin hairs a name: WOLF HAIRS.

Oh, and every now and then one particularly long one magically appears on my neck. I don't ususally keep an eye on this area, so it gets away from me until it is long enough to curl.

Really, there must be a little hair waiting line, kind of like the teller line at the bank. The second one is plucked, a new one instantly steps up to take its place.

Ain't life grand?

#115651 - 04/23/07 03:02 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: madhatter]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Rhett, I love that description. What a hoot. Being a redhead, what hairs are left on my legs barely show and I could use a curling iron on them before I had to shave them. Thank goodness. I don't have hairs that have to be plucked off my face, but I also don't have eyebrows that show up. They are so light, you have to get IN MY FACE to see if I have any. So I use a pencil. Being half blind, I sometimes end up resembling a vampire; with red hair. Red and gray, that is. Would somebody tell me why the hair right around the front of our face WILL NOT hold hair dye? I'm asking for a friend, not me. Ahem...

#115652 - 04/23/07 05:06 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: jawjaw]
NewLeaf Offline

JawJaw, as someone with a hairdressing and coloring license, if you put the haircolor on the front first and then apply it to the rest of your head, it might make a difference. That just means the hair around your face is healthier and more resistant to the chemicals in hair dye.

Also, you could try putting a bit of bleach on the front first , just briefly, then wash it out and let your hair dry, just to open the hair shaft prior to applying the color.

#115653 - 04/23/07 05:08 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: NewLeaf]
NewLeaf Offline

What can I do about zits? I get small ones sometimes on my chest and on my face. I hate it and can cover one up with cover-up but maybe its my diet or lack of water.

#115654 - 04/23/07 10:25 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: NewLeaf]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dab a bit of plain ordinary rubbing alcohol on each one a few times and they will dry up and usually not come back ever.

Edited by chatty lady (04/23/07 10:26 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#115655 - 04/23/07 10:30 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I am always yanking out chin hairs and some of those suckers are long, black and curly. Whats that about? The more I yank the more they grow and yet not one hair on my legs or under my arms since my early 20's and then never very many. Now all of sa sudden a spurt of growth and why my chin for heavens sake??? I'm a old woman NOT an old man!

#115656 - 04/24/07 08:42 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: chatty lady]
NewLeaf Offline

Its hormones....all about hormones...the estrogen is being replaced by androgens...it happens. That's why couples start to look more and more alike as they age together.

#115657 - 04/25/07 12:46 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: NewLeaf]
madhatter Offline

Oh...so, does this mean that I will finally be able to tinkle standing up without it ending up in my hiking boot?
I always like to find a way to put a positive spin on things, you know...

#115658 - 04/25/07 05:45 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: madhatter]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

The day that anyone thinks that me and Hubbo are the Bobbsey Twins, I'm exiting...

Poet and essayist

#115659 - 04/25/07 06:53 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: meredithbead]
NewLeaf Offline

lol, Meredith, same here!!! I think you have to be a LOT older for the resemblance thing to kick in.

I HAVE noticed the resemblance between people and their pets though, especially the dogs. If I owned a dog, it would be a Golden Retriever or a golden Lab but I want a Boston Terrier.

#115660 - 04/25/07 07:20 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: NewLeaf]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Oh great, does that mean I look like my floppy-eared fat beagle? The truth comes out....

Well, at least he's very loving.

#115661 - 04/26/07 12:32 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
NewLeaf Offline

Rich and June, my mom and dad have the fattest beagle I've ever seen in my life!! What is it about beagles?? Her name is Ginger and when she lays on her back someone has to help her roll over to her feet.

Mom has taken her to the vet who put her on a diet, but she sneaks and hides snack food....no kidding!!

I guess this means I look like my Guenia Pig....sheesh!! That's depressing.lol

#115662 - 04/26/07 12:48 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: browser57]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Browser, I may try that Tweez'e - does it really work? I usually use Salley Hansen on my upper lip, yet it's rather goopy and involves pain, too.

#115663 - 04/26/07 11:46 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
browser57 Offline

MustangGal - it does work - but it 'smarts' on the delicate skin of the face. I've heard (for eyebrows) to rub the skin with an ice cube before tweezing - and I think I'll try that next time. Numb the skin a tad.

#115664 - 04/26/07 01:50 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: browser57]
Laurel Offline

I have a Boston Terrier. Lord I hope I don't look like him. I love him to death but I don't want to look like him.

I have seen people who look like their pets though.

There was an old couple in the 80's that went to my church that looked alike. She made all her dresses out of calico and made him a shirt to match out of the same fabric.

I don't guess he cared what he wore. She had real short hair and they looked like twins.

Laurel

#115665 - 04/26/07 03:45 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Laurel]
Poppie Offline

laural you always make me giggle with little sutle bits of humer and turnes of phrazed and way to view the world lol

bless you!

celtic

#115666 - 04/26/07 09:35 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Poppie]
Saundra Offline

LOL, I see couples who look alike all the time. After I brought in one couple for a tour, the sales manager called me over and asked which one was the man. "Of course," I said, "The one with the hat on." I swear!

Okay, I may be feeling a bit better today but the antibiotics have reduced my spelling and typing skills.

Edited by Saundra (04/26/07 09:37 PM)

#115667 - 04/30/07 05:52 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Saundra]
Dee Offline

OMGosh...everyone says my husband and I look alike...now I am depressed...I'm my husband with boobs...!!!

#115668 - 04/30/07 06:12 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
chickadee Offline

It ain't fair, I tell ya!

#115669 - 05/01/07 03:28 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: chickadee]
Dee Offline

Have you ever been sitting at a traffic light and played with the end of your chin only to find a very, very long hair? Then, since there's nothing else to do at a red light try to pull it out only to find your fingers keep slipping off. making the hair curl up tightly? Then the harder you jerk the more curled up the hair becomes until you're jerking at the little sucker so hard the car is shaking? THEN you realize what you must look like sitting at the red light jerking your hand back and forth or left and right as you desperately try to yank out the pesky hair from your chin and wonder why everyone is laughing in the car next to you? I've now put tweezers in my car.

#115670 - 05/01/07 05:02 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

LOL Chick...love you little smileys…and your comments.

Dee, that's where the term; 'hairpin turn' comes from.
Just not sure if it means the people in the other cars are turning to look,
or you're so busy ranking it out, that you do the two wheeler thing.

#115671 - 05/02/07 07:39 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

LOL Hannelore.

#115672 - 05/04/07 02:08 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
Laurel Offline

Oh lord, y'all crack me up.

Well we have to laugh. It's better than crying.

Laurel

#115673 - 05/04/07 01:15 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Laurel]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dee, what a riot. I think having tweezers in the car is probably a good idea. I'm sure the sunlight has a lot to do with all we can see when we use those car mirrors.

So, did you get the sucker?

#115674 - 05/28/08 02:50 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!!
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dianne says she goes once a month to get waxed. I wonder if that means she gets her whole face waxed. Yesterday I waxed my entire face, chin, neck. It's not hard, and it is effective. Until next month, when all the fine gray fuzz and the coarse dark single shoots erupt again...and again. Of course, the hair that used to be on my legs has diminished. And gone to my face. Oh, and then what do we do when our eyebrows are turning grey and we pluck the gray ones but if I keep plucking the grey ones I won't have any eyebrows left? Girlfriends, I am not liking this at all. I want my youth back!

Edited by Princess Lenora (05/28/08 02:51 AM)

#115675 - 05/28/08 03:11 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

From time to time I practically have to MOW my chin hairs, not just pluck them, whats with that? Is there some special growing season I am unaware of...? Me too Princess, me too!

#115676 - 05/28/08 06:08 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

I think they grow more in the summer heat. It comes from all the watermelon juices dribbling down the chin.

#115677 - 05/28/08 01:50 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
This is too funny! I keep tweezers by my chair because I get those stupid little ones that stick straight up! They may be gray but they are sharp and coarse! I hate it when I go to my MIL and forget my tweezers! Plus I have a birthmark on the side of my face that little black hairs sprout from and they do it overnight! lol....age, isn't it a wonderful thing?
www.christianstoryteller.com

#115678 - 06/02/08 10:32 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Sherri]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I have a triple magnifying mirror that I got at thelocal Linens and Things. It has a little light too. It's perfect for finding these little buggers.

#115679 - 06/02/08 08:35 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:

Have you ever been sitting at a traffic light and played with the end of your chin only to find a very, very long hair? Then, since there's nothing else to do at a red light try to pull it out only to find your fingers keep slipping off. making the hair curl up tightly? Then the harder you jerk the more curled up the hair becomes until you're jerking at the little sucker so hard the car is shaking? THEN you realize what you must look like sitting at the red light jerking your hand back and forth or left and right as you desperately try to yank out the pesky hair from your chin and wonder why everyone is laughing in the car next to you? I've now put tweezers in my car.

OMG Dee, I was just there today!!!

I'm always searching out stray hairs at stop lights.

When I get my hair color done every month, my stylist also waxes my brows, upper lip and chin.

In between, I pluck. Gotta keep after those little suckers. They grow like weeds!!
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#115680 - 06/03/08 02:12 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
You know what the hardest part is? It's when you get a gray hair on the chin. Hardest to find, you turn your head this way and that hoping for it to hit the light so you can cut it off. It's so frustrating to have those hairs. I'm constantly on guard for them.

The thread is funny but it's so true that we all get them eventually. Irritating. Gone one day, back the next. Worse than having to shave the legs when we were younger.
www.tidedancer.com

#115681 - 06/04/08 09:46 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Sandpiper]
Dee Offline

Vicki...you cracked me up reading that post again...my doctor's nurse was talking about that yesterday. Why do we always see them in traffic? there should be a hair plucking lane, don't you think?

#115682 - 06/04/08 10:25 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Dee, that's too funny!

I don't see them o much as feel them. Always running my hands over my chin ... just in case. Ugh.

Poet and essayist

#115684 - 06/05/08 12:49 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Meredith...I totally get it.

Anne...you're funny. Yes, payback is. LOL

#115685 - 06/05/08 07:34 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Hahahahooohooooha. Hair plucking lane? That's good Dee. Maybe we could run our cars through a tunnel..like a car wash...and when we come out, we are all plucked and puuurdy.

#115686 - 06/05/08 11:04 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Does hair really grow faster in hot weather? Now that we're wearing shorter pants, I have to shave my legs more often.

I saw a product on TV called No, No - no hair, no pain. Anyone had the nerve to buy and try?

#115687 - 06/05/08 12:42 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Either it grows faster, or we are just more aware because we know our legs are being shown to the world.

Just found one of those teeny long hairs in the 3x magnifier mirror this morning. So glad because I'm going to a many hour, all women's meeting today.

#115689 - 06/05/08 10:31 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
Dee Offline

I read somewhere that hair grows faster after sex. (oh, boy, I can just imagine the responses this comment will get...LOL).

#115690 - 06/06/08 12:11 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
There goes the macho reputation of all those bald men...

#115691 - 06/06/08 04:59 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

A policeman spots a woman driving and plucking her chin hairs at the same time.
Driving up beside her, he shouts out the window, " Pull over the side!"
"I tried that," she shouts back, " But they're damn stubborn little buggers!"

#115692 - 06/06/08 05:29 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hair grows faster after se_, Dee? This celibate will now cease to wonder I have none to pluck!

#115693 - 06/06/08 03:00 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Lola]
Dee Offline

I'm laughing so hard my side hurts...

#115694 - 06/06/08 03:24 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hairless in Alabama....

#115695 - 06/07/08 04:24 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Okay...I have to share this with all of you...have any of you heard of the 'feel good' shot? That's what my menopausal doctor calls it (she's about 29, cute, and tries to keep me feeling perky with this 'feel good' shot). Let's just say it's supposed to do wonders in the sex drive department. At my age everything's hanging, dried up, wrinkled, gray, and sagging and wagging. I had one of those shots about a year ago and they last about 6-8 weeks at which time I can go back in for another shot if I want. However, I never went back and here's why.
About two weeks after having the shot I was having a normal conversation with my husband when suddenly my voice dropped way way way way way low...I mean reeeeeeally low. Freaked me out. Larry looked at me and took a few steps back...I think he thought I'd just sprouted an adams apple. Then, the hair growth really freaked me out...I sprouted hair on top of hair and it turned really dark. I felt like a 13 year old boy whose voice is changing and whose hair appears over night.
Fast forward to this year...old lady female checkup time and in bounces my 30 year old perky menopausal doctor. (I hate her). She goes over my chart and asks me why I haven't come in for more 'feel good' shots? I calmly explain that my husband didn't like going to sleep with a sex goddess and waking up with Barry White. He wasn't too crazy about the extra dark facial hair that sprouted up out of nowhere either...talk about a pluck fest.
In her youthful, perky, never had a bad sex day in her life, said, "I'd pluck hairs everyday in order to have great sex." Uh-huh.
Then I laid back on the exam table and there starring down at me from the ceiling were two styrafoam bowls and something that I'm still not sure of that had been made to look like nipples with rings through them. I asked her what the heck were styrafoam boobs doing on her ceiling. Without skipping a beat from her exam, she said, "Oh, those are from our last Halloween party here." I didn't even want to ask her how they got up there.
Reluctantly, I agreed to get the shot...mainly to get her to shut up so I could sit up. The styrfoam boobs would starting to freak me out.
She left and sent in her as youthful, perky menopausal assistant who had a grin on her face and a needle in her hand. Are 'we' ready? I'm certain SHE wasn't in need of a voice changing, hair growing menopausal injection so I don't know why she thought to include herself in the equation. Just stick it anywhere, I told her. She then made me point my feet inward until my toes touched each other and then bend my knees and hang on to the counter. Why the heck do I need to stand like this, I asked her? So you won't jump when I give the shot. If I could have looked at her she would have seen a look of complete surprise. I mean, who the heck can jump in that position anyway? I steadied myself and gripped the counter until my knuckles turned white while she swabbed a hunk of fat on my hip.
"This will sting a bit."
"I thought this was a feel-good shot." It took her a second to get it and then she laughed. I hated her, too.
As she pulled the needle out she said in a rather surprised voice, "Wooooooooow. Usually there's leakage back out at the injection site. Your body just sucked that stuff right up." All I could think to say is, "I'm dry."
Okay...it's been 3 days now and so far no facial hair and no Barry White voice. But, in case you don't hear from me for a few weeks...it will be because I'm plucking.

#115696 - 06/07/08 07:30 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Lol, Dee…this is the funniest story I’ve read in a long time.

I would rather think, if we don’t hear from you it will be because you’re doing something other then plucking….hee hee. So are you swinging from the chandeliers? Geez I could use a double doses of that stuff myself! Let us know if it’s working, and the name, will you?

Whatever, I’m glad the big boobs didn’t fall on you. Although then Hubby could sing, “You are so boobyfull to meeeee.”

#115697 - 06/07/08 11:13 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee, you had me doubled-over with laughter. Girl, what a funny picture you painted! OMG! Girl! Stay out of the humor business, would ya? Like I need this kind of competition? How hilarious!

And EW....I love that song title...I may have to use that in some of my writing...

#115699 - 06/09/08 05:27 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
Dee Offline

JJ...I don't think you have to worry about me getting into the 'professional' humor writing...No one can touch you as far as I'm concerned...I just tell it like it is when it happens...but, thanks for the compliment...coming from you that means a lot.

EW...my doctor's office says it's B12 and testostrone in one shot...and it's working I'd recommend this to anyone. I haven't started plucking yet but when I do, I'll let you know.

So, anne...how's the chain hairs in the hair follicles coming along? Any results yet? You cracked me up!!!

#115701 - 06/09/08 06:46 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Anne...You're cracking me up, girlfriend!!!

#115702 - 06/09/08 09:12 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I was hysterical already from Dees story then was zapped with the answer from Edelweiss, thats when I wet my pants from laughing. You ladies are too funny!!!

#115703 - 06/10/08 01:15 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: chatty lady]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Anne and Dee, WAAAYYY too funny!!

Poet and essayist

#115705 - 06/10/08 02:30 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: browser57]
lucy Offline

I get one black one and one gray one, they are just there sometimes and I pluck them out.

#115706 - 06/10/08 02:33 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: lucy]
lucy Offline

You know I am 58 and the hot flashes are still really bad.
I get cold flashes and hot flashes and they are so bad they make it impossible to go out much in public alot. I wonder just what Eve did to make this so bad for all women

#115707 - 06/10/08 02:38 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: lucy]
lucy Offline

Does any one have the problem of your pudenda going bald and what is left is gray, really makes you feel old. Oh, that is what Whoopi Goldberg calls it. To funny

#115708 - 06/10/08 12:00 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: lucy]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I take it the "pudenda" means the nether region. First time I have heard of it going bald. Going gray, yes. But, bald? Geesh, another thing to look forward to after menopause.

#115710 - 06/10/08 08:43 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I haven't had a hair on my legs since I was 17. Honest Injun! I never have anything to shave there or under my arms. Now, my chin, thats a whole nuther story, LOL!!!

#115712 - 06/13/08 09:35 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
Mountain Ash Offline

Thyroid issues can influence hair growth...as will hormones depleting..
Chatty
I never have to shave underarms either..we are sisters???
Mountain ash

#115713 - 06/17/08 07:00 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Mountain Ash]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Anne, I don't shave my legs in the winter either, but unfortunately our summer is like, 9 months long. But this is SoCali, and we are all about summer. Except in actual summer, and then we're all about going somewhere north.

Poet and essayist

#115714 - 06/20/08 05:36 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: browser57]
First baby boomer Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I HAVE CONSIDERED ELECTROLYSIS! What about heel spurs? Has anyone ever had shingles? My chin hairs are white now. I enjoy tweezing my chin hairs. Nair for the rest!

#115716 - 06/25/08 06:02 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Anne327, I was selling in 94 degree heat last Sunday (on the blacktop.) I would've been happy to send at least 20 of those, even 30. Our summers would fry your computer!

Poet and essayist

#115717 - 06/26/08 12:35 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: meredithbead]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
First Baby Boomer,

Yes, I have had shingles on the back on my neck and lucky found in time so they did not spread . They are very painful and I had to take "Valtrex" for only one week and the shingles left no scars . I guess I was lucky there , Oh but the pain . I don't think I will every forget it .

Wax chin hairs if you can .

Chatty I went to high school with a girl that did not have.
hair on her underarms and legs . How lucky . I do shave feel cleaner , but this is a matter of choice for each person what you prefer to do .

Renee

#115718 - 07/28/08 07:29 PM One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: browser57]
susannadeyorkies Offline

Loc: Richmond, VA

I have developed this habit of scraping the underside of my chin with my fingernail absentmindedly.

Several times I hadn't seen the darn thing (now things) until to my horror they were highlighted in the daylight exposed in my car's rear view mirror!

So I have this theory they wait patiently just under the skin to emerge strong and mature when it would most embarrass me, as revenge against my tweezers. LOL.

#115719 - 07/28/08 08:55 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: susannadeyorkies]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

WELCOME susannadeyorkies, wow, thats a mouthfull isn't it? Anyway glad to see you here, and YES those pesky little hairs that sometimes become long black hairs if you don't get them right away, are a pain in the drain... Damn, why does this have to happen to women too? Don't we have enough to bother about during menopause?

#115720 - 07/28/08 11:54 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: chatty lady]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Welcome susannadeyorkies! Wow, we've had some really high numbers here lately with new members and I for one am so tickled!

WELCOME! Share as little or as much about yourself as you would like to do, and whenever you are comfortable doing so. Please just know that we are very happy you are here!

#115721 - 07/29/08 05:34 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Why is it that we cope and manage thru puberty, periods, and childbearing years only to become echoes of our fathers with the new growth on our faces once menopause has occured? If I don't keep up on this new mustache with depilatories or shaving, it is such a scary sight! Plucking doesn't seem to deter the growth,and waxing means waiting til it gets REALLY noticable. Is there anything other than electrolysis that works? Of all the "bonuses" of menopause, this one is the one I hate the most. I haven't done HRT, can't and won't- the rest I can cope with but not this doggone face hair! Any info out there? Thanks

#115722 - 07/29/08 06:52 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: judym]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Judy, always good to see you in here! You've been missed!

#115723 - 07/29/08 09:08 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Judy, search as I may, I have not been able to find a cure for having to MOW MY CHIN! Electrolyses is okay but the hairs keep popping up in different spots so it would be an unending battle. I guess plucking those pesky hairs is all one can do, ho-hummm!

#115724 - 08/01/08 03:33 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
judym Offline

thank you girl, really appreciate it. DH is out of Iraq and now in Okinawa, life is always interesting! Just got back from a visit there and it was wonderful. Back home here to lonely land and trying my best to keep the chin up now that the jet lag has left me (yes it's true, at least one full day to recover for each time zone, especially West to East!) Thanks again!

#115725 - 08/01/08 03:41 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: chatty lady]
judym Offline

You know, the worst part of it is, I need one of those 10Xmagnifying mirrors to be able to see to pluck the darn things. I can FEEL them, just can't see them- and that is totally a scary sight and makes every bag and wrinkle look like a topographic map of the Grand Canyon! Like you say, oh well- and I'm thinking theres a lot worse things to whine about, and feeling chagrined to even have mentioned this dilemna. In truth though, really great to have a place just to vent, and any support or feedback you get is an uplifting blessing- we are not all alone in whatever we encounter in our lives, and there are a lot of folks out there - the miracle of the internet and this website gives our locational personal herizon a whole new vista of info and support. God Bless You ALL!

#115726 - 08/01/08 04:31 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: judym]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Judy, I picked up one of thos mag mirrors at Tuesday Mornings...there is a new one over by your house, too..where that new Publix is...know what I'm talking about?

I can't do without my mirror. I don't have chin hairs, but I do need help in slapping the old make up on.

#115727 - 08/01/08 06:56 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
judym Offline

yeah girl, that is where I got mine. Too funny. Wish they were bigger, you can only see a bit of the damage when go peer into them. Maybe that's a blessing? Where oh where is the magic mirror that Snow White used? We should all be awarded one when we get past 50. No doubt it would be a kinder kind of mirror!

#156648 - 08/16/08 11:22 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: judym]
dancer9 Offline

One word for hairs on face:
Vaniqa.
This is a perscription cream that stops hair from growing on your face after you use it a bit.
It is new and you'd probably have to pay for it because it
is a "vanity," purchase but it's worth it!
Dancer

"Question your privilege"

#157057 - 08/21/08 06:09 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: dancer9]
MinniePauz Offline

Here's an idea!! smile
Hilarious menopause products at
www.cafepress.com/minniepauzshop
Get your copy of my new book
"Laugh Your Way Through Menopause"
www.lulu.com/content/965290

#157082 - 08/21/08 08:54 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: MinniePauz]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
DEE, you've been a member since '05 and only have 12 posts... we have to do something about that, girl.

I have been receiving an email through your subscription service for awhile... had you not posted this, I'd not know you are a member.... well, that's not true... you could post at a future time.

I bet you get this question all the time, but I'll ask it anyway: Will we ever get to see her face?

Please, be active here... I've gotten many a laugh from your site.

#157825 - 08/27/08 06:32 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: gims]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

gims, I've corresponded with Dee a couple times by phone. SHe's a delightful woman. I love her cartoons. They speak volumes for boomer women.

#157852 - 08/28/08 12:25 AM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: Dotsie]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I like her cartoons, too. I wish she'd join in, esp. to answer my question... lol. I wanted see what Minnie looks like.

#158854 - 09/05/08 08:27 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: dancer9]
judym Offline

I will ask the dermatologist next time I'm in there, and research it- I guess it must be topical application and that may be just the ticket. So doggone tired of this facial hair! Thanks!

#159174 - 09/08/08 02:48 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: judym]
Mama Red Offline

Loc: Wauconda, IL
All right ladies, this hits WAY too close to home (grin)...This cartoon is soooooooooo perfect.

I was writing some stuff the other day for my teleseminar series and what popped into my head was (said to the tune of Jeff Foxworthy's "you might be a redneck if"):

You might be a Silver Sage if you can grow a better goatee than your 21 year old son!

And I swear it is true and I swear a "Plucking Party" fits the bill perfectly! I'm starting to wear out my tweezers!

P.S.--Silver Sage is the name I use for those of us who have reached the stage where we have both "age" and "wisdom"!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!

#159177 - 09/08/08 04:11 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: Mama Red]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Hmmm...but if you put Sage and Wisdom together, don't you get "sagdom?"

#159183 - 09/08/08 05:54 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
Mama Red Offline

Too funny! In my case that would definitely be true! I no longer wear a cup size, I wear a 42 long with commercial grade stays to bring the girls up to somewhere near their origins!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

#159185 - 09/08/08 06:00 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: Mama Red]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

mama, I just tried going to your site to see your photo and to see if there was any truth to that last statement!

FYI:
your site wouldn't come up

so I'm still wondering about your girls...

#159192 - 09/08/08 06:59 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: Dotsie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dots, it came up fine for me....and down here we call them "the bad boys." Or in some cases and if we're feeling musical, "the dogs," like at the end of the day when one can finally take off the old bra it's--WHO LET THE DOGS OUT...

#159198 - 09/08/08 08:53 PM Re: One has become two, or three I lost count! [Re: jawjaw]
Mama Red Offline

Hi Dotsie

I don't allow myself to have photos taken too often (grin...not my favorite thing to do!)...however the one on this page What We Do page gives a bit of an idea (I'm not sure the steal stays are quite working properly on this one!...giggle).

I swear, I would love to know why pages come up sometimes and not others! Arghghgh...technology!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#159649 - 09/12/08 08:19 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: madhatter]
judym Offline

LOVE it- and lordy, it's so true!

#160752 - 09/24/08 12:20 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: madhatter]
latebloomrboomer Offline

Loc: Palm Bay, Florida
I was waxing them; now I am doing electrolysis. It is painful, but it works!

#160778 - 09/24/08 02:13 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: latebloomrboomer]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My favorite saying when tired of being around the people I'm with is: GOT TO GO HOME A MOW MY CHIN HAIRS!!! I have to laugh inside at the expression on their faces...

#160794 - 09/24/08 08:46 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss2 Offline

Loc: American living in Germany
lol chatty...as long as you are just mowing...and not harvesting,...there is hope.

#160808 - 09/24/08 10:59 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss2]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh heavens no Edelweiss, no harvesting here. I wonder however what makes our otherwise hairless faces sprout these darn things before and after menopause. Where the heck did the word MENOPAUSE come from anyway? No men involved, and nothing pauses it just gets worse...Only the O part makes any sense as in O shit! I think this condition needs a new name, something like:

WHATHEHELL???

Come on ladies help me here, a good name....

#160819 - 09/24/08 12:45 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: chatty lady]
Mama Red Offline

Oh lordy Chatty...you're too right by half! I was joking around the other day about this exact topic. The teleseminar I'm creating is named "The Silver Sages Teleseminar Series" and I started hearing Jeff Foxworthy's "you might be a redneck if..." series. The first one out of my mouth was 'You might be a Silver Sage if you can grow a better goatee than your 20 year old son'. And I swear, that ain't far from the truth.

"PAUSE" my arse! (oops, can I say that on this forum). Maybe we could name it "WholeLotofNoFun" instead of "menopause"!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160820 - 09/24/08 12:46 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

PS...and I think I'm mowing not harvesting, blast it all!

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160821 - 09/24/08 12:48 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Mama Red]
Mama Red Offline

And now I get to blush with embarassment...forgot I had already posted this smart aleck comment...my bad and my apologies for the duplicate! Another side effect of this lovely state called "menopause", right? Memory loss (at least that is what I tell myself!)

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com

#160851 - 09/24/08 08:09 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: ]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mama, hope you don't mind. I'm laughing at you! I can totally relate. Just ask my kids. "Mom, you already told me that." And I so remember saying the very same thing to my mom.

Anne, sometimes when I'm speaking, I feel like I should be playing FILL IN THE BLANKS with whomever I'm talking to. It's so frustrating. Then an hour later, it comes to me...out of nowhere.

#162069 - 10/07/08 08:31 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dotsie]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Those are not really chin hairs ladies, they are misplaced eyebrows...

#162070 - 10/07/08 08:35 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Dotsie I have to admit that you do seem forgetful, case in point, how many times have I sent you my address? Plus emails and PM's have gone to you and you will answer it SOMETIMES, and then forget in the next one that you did, or what was said.
I must admit I have asked myself more than once whether you realize you do this...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved