The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 201 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115639 - 04/20/07 05:52 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: browser57]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
lol...Vicki...I know that gaze too...Its my reflective, discerning one" !!!

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115640 - 04/20/07 10:16 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Poppie]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Tweezers and creams and razors galore. I can't think of anything else anymore. I remember my mother saying, "You'll be sorry..." the first time I shaved my legs. I don't remember her having all these hairs so I must take after my father.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#115641 - 04/20/07 10:55 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: browser57]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
And why, when the hairs on the legs start to disappear, do the hairs on the toes appear? I pluck those, too, and it hurts!

#115642 - 04/21/07 12:46 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Anno]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Thanks Madhatter.

You're post caused me to put my reading glasses on and look in the mirror.

Good heavens, I have them too! I never knew! Why don't people tell you these things?

I shall look upon them as a outward sign of wisdom, for all to see and admire..... then pull them OUT.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#115643 - 04/21/07 07:22 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: SharonE]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I'm like Vickie -- always checking my chin to see if I feel any strays! And then I'll be at a craft fair, and no way to get rid of them

WHEN do the hairs on my legs start to thin??? I've seen absolutely no sign of that whatsoever

Poet and essayist

#115644 - 04/21/07 11:51 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Ha ha, Sharon. too funny.

I'm a fare-skinned person, and my sons didn't have to shave till they were about 21. So I never thought I would ever have this kind of problem...Ha, I wish! I don't get those hairy whiskers on my chin; .. I get them under my nose. And yes my hair on top of my head is thinning...something is wrong with the system here. Got to have a talk with the boss.

#115645 - 04/21/07 01:12 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Edelweiss]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Hannelore,
I think some hairs just relocate or get lost.

Diane,
I too used to go to the salon and get waxed but you have to let your hair grow out quite a bit first and mine is pretty dark.

I tried electrolysis for years. It didn't work. A big waste of money.

Laurel

#115646 - 04/21/07 04:23 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Laurel]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Eeeeoooowwww!! Funny but gross, geeze, do I need to start looking for stray hairs too??!!

I've never noticed anything strange in that department yet. I shave places many people wouldn't but don't think hairs on toes were a problem. Now I'm looking at my feet and wondering if I need to exfoliate them??!! Do people really care if you have toe hairs? They're blonde and only on the big ones? I'm totally grossed out by crusty feet. I mean TOTALLY..cracked heels, crusty pads and all. I'd much rather see a toe hair or two than a nasty callous.

In France underarm and leg hair are considered sexy. I used to have a love trail from my navel down then after having my first child it mysteriously disappeared. I missed it!

Some natural hair is good. In FL it gets so hot that some areas need to be free to "breathe" as someone else put it in another post so those get shaved but thankfully I've never noticed a moustache or strays anywhere.

I arch my own eyebrows. Used to have a unibrow as a teen..thank you mom for taking me to your favorite hairdresser for my first eyebrow arch.

Gee, you all have given me something to look forward to. I'm still searching for zits at 57! Now, that's unfair!

#115647 - 04/23/07 01:36 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: meredithbead]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

WHEN do the hairs on my legs start to thin??? I've seen absolutely no sign of that whatsoever

For me it started a few years ago, I honestly don't need to shave much on my legs anymore. Only shave um, every 3-5 wks. Honest. And I cycle so I am wearing shorts every day during spring, summer and fall and must look ok especially when I first walk into the office to change for work.

It's hereditary from my mother. She seemed have less hair (not that she had much on her legs anyway) as she aged. Probably also when I was younger in my 20's, I didn't shave my legs religiously/fanatically...if I could get away with barely noticeable hairs here and there, I did. So did not want to encourage thicker growth.

And my underarms only need shaving, um every 3-5 weeks...or MORE. The hair is thinning.....

So aging in this respect, is liberating.

Having black hair and being Asian ...can go either way, it's a pain in the butt or like me, one isn't "hairy" much in the lst place.

For instance I've never had to shave back of my thighs/legs. I just never had hair there.

But yea, you'll never catch me in a super string bikini.

#115648 - 04/23/07 05:22 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: orchid]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Every now and then, I find a fine blonde hair on my cheek. By the time I see it, it's about a half inch long. Then I wonder how long it's been there. Funny thing. It's always in the same place.

I went through a period of time where I was having my brows waxed, but I gave up on it. I was often burned by the wax. So instead of needing to tweeze, I walked around with little scabs. Not very attractive. Then they tried using wax for sensitive skin and it happened again. So much for that.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved