The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 193 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#115629 - 04/20/07 12:46 AM Another chin hair...augghhh!!!
madhatter Offline

Loc: North Florida
Okay...I can't sleep. My butt is larger. I will eat any chocolate within five miles. I cry at McDonald's commercials...

Why the heck must I have so many chin hairs???!!!!

#115630 - 04/20/07 01:10 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: madhatter]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Shoot honey, what you just described is a good day for me. Just wait till you start making beeping sounds when you back up, THEN you got probs, k?

#115631 - 04/20/07 01:33 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: jawjaw]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chin hairs; upper lip hairs; nose hairs; ear hairs, oh wait, that's the SO, only the first two are mine!! LOL
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#115632 - 04/20/07 02:05 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: yonuh]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I think it's because we thought they were so gross on our mothers! LOL!!

#115633 - 04/20/07 03:09 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I feel like that's all I do is pluck and shave.

I could grow a pretty impressive moustache if I wanted to.

Maybe I could join the circus. Always good to have a backup career plan.

Laurel

#115634 - 04/20/07 05:43 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Laurel]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Laurel, you are cracking me up!

#115635 - 04/20/07 08:44 AM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: jawjaw]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Oh Jane...I am with you honey on this one!!! Mum had many strange ways indeed(at least thats what I thought as a kid!)
She was a beautiful woman and a lady, her and my Dad cut a very handsome couple indeed. She had a routine where she would do household chores, grab a coffee and sit in a chair facing the window and telly... then out would come these mysterious things called 'tweasers' and a little mirror. I never actually saw her with chin, upper lip or excess eyebrow hair for years...then slowly the mystery unravelled!! EEEWWWW...I was grossed....being the only fair skinned lighter haired on of the family(the rest being very dark)...I thought I would have escaped the tweaser thing. My Mum was a 'creaking gate' for most of my later years and she would be in and out of hospital all the time....thee most important thing to her was her tweasers!!!(Even when she couldn't breathe!!!)
John Wayne used to say in his older movies..'Don't let me die with my boots on'....mums version was about tweasers and she MEANT it!!
I have to confess...when I was in High shcool...we had a head nun who shaved her chin and neck...she had five o'clock shadow and all. She was pretty awful to me and tonns of other gals...so instead of outright naughty behaviour, or challenge...I would sometimes sneak into her office during break tmes and leave shaving foam and the likes with nasty notes attatched!!!
So...I guess this is payback!!
Thank the godess of hair removal products...eh. I once heard Oprah making a comment which cracked me up...she was chatting about the aging process and made a throw away comment about..'stray pubes making their way to her chin and multiplying....like, whats with that!!!'
Laurel...hair removal products are fab...without them I would be grossed pretty regularly.

Po
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#115636 - 04/20/07 02:11 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Poppie]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I just go in once a month and get waxed. It's become a part of my maintenance but I don't want to get old and have chin hairs and not know it so my daughters have promised to shave me.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#115637 - 04/20/07 02:54 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Dianne]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I pluck and I pluck but they keep coming back. If you find me in quiet contemplation rubbing my chin like I'm in deep thought, don't believe it for a minute, I'm actually feeling for any little hairs that may need tweezing.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#115638 - 04/20/07 03:52 PM Re: Another chin hair...augghhh!!! [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
While wandering through Linen n Things I picked up a gadget that was advertised on TV a while back - Tweez'e

It's meant for hair removal - the upper lip, etc. I have to tell you - it works, but hurts like hell. Pulls the hair out at the root - and for the chin - it's fine. The skin on my upper lip is so sensitive that using it there brings tears to my eyes.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved