The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#115568 - 04/19/07 09:49 PM Good grief....whats so good about it?
Cynthy Offline

Loc: California
More triggers....Dave's classmates tracked him down re his 40th H.S. class reunion. When ready, I tearfully told our story. Don't think Dave realized just how many old friends he had and how they looked forward to seeing him. They call him a real sweetheart; of course he was...So many anniversaries coming up. Diagnosis, treatment, more treatment, hospitalization, etc. its so hard to get thru it but I know my Boomer sisters pray for my strength and I will survive and even flourish, one day at a time. Blessings to all.
Cynthia

#115569 - 04/19/07 09:59 PM Re: Good grief....whats so good about it? [Re: Cynthy]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
And blessings back to you, Cynthia. Every once in a while, I think of you and wonder how you are doing. Thank you for keeping us up to date.

#115570 - 04/19/07 10:21 PM Re: Good grief....whats so good about it? [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thank you for opening your heart and sharing this journey with us Cynthia. You can trust us to care and to pray. While I didn't loose a spouse, I did loose someone precious to me, my Daddy. My grief revisits me and the pain once again, is large. I have no other way to describe it.

What I have found that helps is talking out loud to Daddy and telling him what all is going on in my life. I cry, I whine, and I laugh. It is healing for me. I don't know if this would work for you in your journey, but I offer it to you.

We are here and we are listening!

#115571 - 04/19/07 10:28 PM Re: Good grief....whats so good about it? [Re: jawjaw]
Cynthy Offline

Loc: California
Thanks so much sisters! I too talk, cry and whine and laugh out loud! It helps, I do everything that can help ease the pain and what pain it is....I never thought I'd endure such difficulty. I must not have learned enough when mom passed 8 yrs ago, my brother 5 yrs ago and my dear TiggerBoy cat a 1.5yrs.ago. Thought I had the grief thing figured out. This seems different, more excruciating and ever present to some degree. Thank you all for your comfort and care. Hold your loved ones close........

#115572 - 04/19/07 11:39 PM Re: Good grief....whats so good about it? [Re: Cynthy]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Cynthy, I have learned that grief is different every time. I have no explanation for why this is. Some of the people I have lost caused more grief than others. We all grieve differently, and maybe it has to do with our own stage in life. Hope this is making sense.
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#115573 - 04/20/07 02:06 AM Re: Good grief....whats so good about it? [Re: yonuh]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Cynthy...I don't know what to say...so I'll just hold you in my thoughts...

#115574 - 04/20/07 06:34 AM Re: Good grief....whats so good about it? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chickadee Offline

Cynthy, I am glad to hear from you also. Are you close to anyone with whom you share your memories of Dave?

Maybe we need a "memories of loved ones" or ? title here. I think there are days when I'd like to post about my Mom, just because it is her birthday, anniversary or even Mother's Day. Do you think this is a good idea? I would like to hear more about your Dave. Maybe by posting our memories, it would help with our grieving process just a little more.

Anyone else feel like we could have a section like this?
Cynthy, I will hold you in prayer also

Luv

#115575 - 04/20/07 04:33 PM Re: Good grief....whats so good about it? [Re: chickadee]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chick, I think this is a great idea! People in our lives sometimes don't want to hear about these memories, and sometimes they didn't even know the person as we knew them. I think this forum is a great venue for sharing memories - the ladies here will 'listen' to what we have to say. And often, writing things down this way helps the grieving/healing process. Great idea!!!
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#115576 - 04/20/07 06:13 PM Re: Good grief....whats so good about it? [Re: Cynthy]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
I recognize and sympathize with all the "anniversaries" you are going thru. My daughter died many years ago now due to a liver disease. Her 11 yrs on this earth were spent much of the time in hospital..particularly during the last year or so. I remember living thru all the rememberance times of her life and illness. And the pain and emptiness were very great. And can still be great... I read somewhere that our bodies remember things that we perhaps are not always aware of.. so even now, after almost 25 years, i can usually feel restless and upset during certain times of the year that were very difficult way back then. I can usually realize what i am feeling after some time and that eases the pain today because i know its origin. And I am grateful that my "body" remembers. Very grateful..for my daughter´s visit with us here on earth and the time we had.

You are not alone..not ever..even in the darkest and deepest of night..

Quote:

he who chooses his own path needs no map. queen kristina of sweden..

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved