The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#115116 - 04/28/07 08:41 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Saundra]
Mountain Ash Offline

We had a Doctor when I was a young mother who had been a navy Doctor.No bedside manner.He was off hand and I would come out of his office mot feeling listened to.

One day I had the aha moment...I said to him that I was Aftraid of coming..that his manner was brusque.But that his two sons were so nice to me that he must be kind really.
He warmed and took me seriously.I felt being brave got me somewhere that being quiet did not.
Mountain ash

#115117 - 04/28/07 11:41 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Mountain Ash]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Mountain Ash,

How wonderful that you were strong enough to stand up for yourself. That really took courage.

#115118 - 04/29/07 01:11 AM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Funny how those men in white coats can be so intimidating.

Good for you Mountain Ash. And I bet you paved the way for the patients who came after you, …to come to a kinder and more sympathetic doctor.

#115120 - 06/24/07 01:39 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Casey]
Emyjay Offline

Once again, the ladies on this board have been used their creativity to overcome a common challenge!

Dianne, I love your idea of writing down your accomplishments each day. This is a particularly good idea for me, since I'm still dealing with everyone knows what.

For most of my working life, I've been planning events and organizing recreational activities for seniors or school age children. I've had a lot of practice speaking in front of people. Actually, I have less anxiety when I'm working with people than when I'm alone. (It sounds silly, but I majored in Parks and Recreation. Program planning, budgeting, lots of psyc and sociology courses.)

I've had the opportunity to speak in front of others and I'm just "used to it." I truly believe that anyone can do the same, if given the chance.

Toastmasters is a good organization for those who need this opportunity to speak before a crowd.

Let me get off of here and let someone else speak!

Emily

#115121 - 06/24/07 06:55 PM Re: Self-Esteem Issues [Re: Emyjay]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Em...

I like to take writing accomplishments down one step further and add why doing it makes me proud...that helps me because sometimes things really don't look like a big deal at all...but they really are...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved