The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 197 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11456 - 08/27/03 06:16 PM another friend's mom has cancer
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have another friend who is now doing the balancing act to a much greater degree. [Frown]

Her mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and given only a month without treatments to live. She has chosen the treatments and a litle longer life as long as the treatments don't make her too sick.

This is a tremendous reminder of my mom's misdiagnosis 3 years ago. She had been trucking her mom from doctor to doctor for dizziness and they couldn't find anything because they were looking at her brain. She was dizzy because of the tumor in her lung was huge and not allowing enough oxygen to the brain! [Mad]

She was diagnosed at the local emergency care facility when my friend gave up and decided to go another route. All they did was a chest xray and there you have it!

My mom had also been under doctors care for a form of arthritis...so the doctor thought. He listened to her explain her pain, never did any tests, and assumed it was arthritis. He kept prescribing those prescription drugs for the pain. Blamed increase in pain to humid weather in the summer, blah, blah, blah. Other patients were complaining too.

Next thing you know Mom fell at home and Dad took her to the ER. She hurt her ankle and her chest. Went home, still in pain and told Dad that if at the end of the week the pain in her chest wasn't any better, would he please take her back for an xray.

Sure enough he did. The xray showed broken ribs possibly from the fall , but most probably from the cancer in her lung that showed on the xray, that had eaten away the bone by that point! [Mad]

So there you have it, 2 misdiagnosed women who knew something was wrong, but couldn't get to the bottom of it until it was too late.

Anyway, please pray for my friend as she balances children, spouse, job, and mom! [Wink]

#11457 - 08/27/03 08:42 PM Re: another friend's mom has cancer
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie,
So sorry to hear about your friend's situation. My best friend's sister was sent home this week with terminal cancer. 60 YEARS YOUNG. This is her only sibling, and they just lost their Dad to stomach cancer last year, and put their Mom in an assisted living facility three months later because of Alzheimers. Sometimes all that is left is faith in God's love and mercy, and of course, HIS comfort. I will be praying for your friend.

#11458 - 08/28/03 06:18 AM Re: another friend's mom has cancer
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
She is very lucky to have a friend like you who has been through a similar situation. You will be a great help to her I'm sure.

[ August 27, 2003, 11:18 PM: Message edited by: Candice Johnson ]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved