The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 174 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11452 - 07/28/03 08:32 PM missing family
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
As our parents age they are continually faced with learning to deal with the loss of loved ones.

With my sister out of town this week I have thought about what it would be like if she was no longer around. Very morbid thought, but I had it!

I was reminded of my mom who was from a family of 9 children. She had 4 sisters and 4 brothers, and when she died she had witnessed the death of 3 of those sisters and 3 brothers. [Frown]

Looking back I realize now that I should have been more sympathetic during her losses. I tended to want her to get over things quickly so I didn't have to watch her suffer. How selfish of me! [Mad]

[ July 28, 2003, 01:33 PM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#11453 - 08/01/03 03:37 AM Re: missing family
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Dotsie,
You weren't selfish. I am a firm believer that until you go through something you really don
't understand. Now that I've lost both parents I know what one of my friends meant when she told me she was now an orphan. One of my kids teachers
told me he should be over his grandpa dying the next year. I knew she hadn't gone through it yet.
I think were all too hard on ourselves I know I am so I am trying to lighten up a little.
I love the posts in here that make me laugh and cry. Its nice to have everyone as friends.
Maggie

#11454 - 08/11/03 01:52 PM Re: missing family
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
When I returned fron Oregon i had such a pull to go to jersey to see my parents. when i was away my dad ,a young 76 who rides his bike 5-10 miles a day, had a problem with his heart. I just wanted to get there and see them. I was hepling him in the garden and had to stop myself from crying as the thought -I can't imagine the world without him- passed through my mind.Thankful I live close enough to go visit when the pull hits me.

#11455 - 08/12/03 01:47 AM Re: missing family
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Isn't it great when we listen to those pulls or nudgeings. This happened with me when my grandmother was in the hospital. We lived too far away to visit and I didn't know she was in the hospital but felt like I should send a letter with
our sons school picture right away. When I did my
aunt called to tell me how much she enjoyed that letter. It was the last letter she received from
us. I am so glad I did that. I like to think of them as nudgeings from God or angels and etc.
Maggie

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved