The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#114474 - 04/27/07 04:19 PM Re: Prostate Cancer Diagnosis [Re: chatty lady]
Laurel Offline

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Jeanine,
Glad to see you on the forum.

I'll keep you and your husband in my prayers.

Take care,
Laurel

#114475 - 05/16/07 06:55 PM Outlook Bright [Re: Laurel]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Thanks to everyone for their kind words of support.

Jaw-Jaw mentioned the seed implant, and that's the treatment option my husband chose. He came through the procedure with flying colors, and his doctor stated he could not be more pleased with how it all went. In a matter of but a few days, my husband was up and about, and doing quite well. Though pain medication had been prescribed, he did not feel it necessary to make use of it.

He will now begin the outer radiation treatments, once a day, five days a week, for six weeks. These treatments will have no ill effect on my husband. They are given in order to maintain a certain level of radiation in the implanted gold seeds, and to zap any cancer cells that may have leaked from the prostate gland into other parts of the body. This follow-up treatment I felt was just good old common sense, and part of the reason we opted for the seed implant.

My husband was fortunate to have been accepted for treatment by the doctors at the clinics here in Atlanta, established by Dr. Frank Critz, a pioneer in the treatment of prostate cancer.

Radiotherapy Clinics of Georgia

When I did research, and discovered the cure rate was exactly the same, for the implants, as for radical surgery, for early stage prostate cancer, and that my husband would need not suffer through a long and often painful recovery period, the implants seemed the right choice. We all know, Ladies, how much of a toll on a person, major surgery can take.

My husband and I remain optimistic that the treatments will be fully effective.

As someone mentioned here, prostate cancer is rarely the cause of death, for men. It is a slow growing cancer, though, as our doctor told us, not as slow growing as originally believed. The real danger for men, is the possibility of leakage of cancer cells from the prostate into adjoining areas of the body, where they become more aggressive in growth.

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#114476 - 05/16/07 07:04 PM Re: Outlook Bright [Re: Jeannine]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Jeannine how wonderful! I'm so glad you opted for this surgery and the recovery, as you said, is minimal. Daddy took aspirin or Advil or something like that, afterwards. I'm so happy for you both! And thank you for dropping in and letting us know of his successful surgery! Wuhoooo!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved