The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11433 - 05/11/03 03:46 PM Happy Mother's Day
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
I hope all of you that are Mothers..and I think most of you are...have a wonderful Mother's Day today..take it easy and have some fun. You deserve it. I know I plan to.
Dennis and I are going to a trap shoot later this morning, then we will go to my parents home on the farm where I grew up. My sister will be there from Nebraska. I haven't seen her in several months.
Happy Mother's Day all!

#11434 - 05/11/03 04:03 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thanks! Hope you enjoy your sister's visit. Sounds like a fun day.

I am heading to church with my hubby and 3 kids. Mother's Day is always Youth Sunday and the youth do the whole service. It is one of my favorites. [Wink]

#11435 - 05/15/03 05:36 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
40something Offline

Mother's Day was a challenge for me this year. My mom died in March of this year. (I had been caring for her in my home for 4 years, and many years before that when she lived by herself. I was an only child, so I had all the responsibility on me.) I planned a busy day for Mother's Day, which was helpful, and several good friends called or sent cards, which I was very grateful for.
Because I had been caregiving for sooo long, it feels very weird now. It's almost like my child died. I definitely am "out of a job", as I've heard other caregivers say when their parent(s) have died. There is the whole "orphan" feeling, too, because both of my parents are gone now.
Soemtimes I feel like I have been through the "war", and survived it. I feel like I could write a book on caregiving! I know it takes a long
time to heal, and I am definitely on that road. The thoughts and prayers of my close friends have definitely been healing.

#11436 - 05/19/03 03:08 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Our situation is different -- but the emotions you're experiencing are very familiar.

I wasn't expecting to have to start all over at my age. Every morning I wake up and for the first few moments I have to remind myself that I don't have to go check on my son. I find myself adding items to my grocery cart that I don't need to buy anymore. I pass a store with a "sale" on Marlboro cigs and I start to turn in -- and then I remember that he's not here to smoke them anymore.

Keeping busy is all you CAN do -- time passes more quickly that way -- but sometimes -- like this afternoon -- while sitting at a traffic light -- it hits me -- and I get angry that I HAVE to keep so busy -- because he's not here anymore -- and the emptiness sweeps through me with a ghostly chill. But, when the traffic light changes -- you have to move on -- so that's what I do.

Maybe you SHOULD write a book about your experiences. It's great therapy -- and you will, most likely, help someone else get through a similar situation by reading your thoughts.

Life sure can throw you some wicked curves can't it [Confused]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved