The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
#114330 - 09/25/07 05:13 PM Re: Only in public... [Re: mrs_madness]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
Mrs. Madness, the link below might be helpful. It's information from ExPatExchange:

Living in China

I've been researching Mexico, specifically Puerto Vallarta, as a retirement destination, and the Ex Pat site is a great place to become acclimated, via advice, etcetera, from other Americans residing in foreign countries.

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#114331 - 09/25/07 08:36 PM Re: Only in public... [Re: Jeannine]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jeannine, I have some friends heading for Puerto Vallarta tomorrow to consider setting up another piece of their retirement. They have been vacationing there for years and have fallen in love with the town. They are now considering buying a small hotel that is for sale. It's a huge bargain. I can't wait until they get back to learn more. They think it will be a huge retirement destination for boomers due to cost of living and insurance benefits.

#114332 - 09/30/07 07:19 PM Re: Only in public...
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Mrs madness..what you describe about trying to live in a new country brings back all the memories of coming to Sweden at the age of 21..newly married and trying to make it all work..as you describe. Taking a walk in a new place..where you are living..the FEEL of the streets and the air is different..even if you don´t meet a soul on your walk..the FEEL is different and it can bring on panic..the panic of not beeing able to run..because this is your new home.. you are not on a short holiday. I have been lucky and staid in Sweden..next year..in December, I will have lived here for 40yrs. When I came to Sweden at the end of l968, it was still a very closed country..made up only of Swedes. Everyone thought like the local newspaper. It was amazing. You must remember that I left the US in 1968..alot was going on over there. ALOT. It was like coming to nighttime. YES, alot has happened here since then. I have also, of course, developed and learned alot along the way. But oooo I remember my beginnings here. I wish you luck along the way..if this what you want? Is it? You must be pretty "adult" yourself by now..do you ask yourself along the way..what do I want??? Of course you may want to stay with your hubby and make this a priority..this is so important and worthwhile. But..where are YOU in all of this??? Can you make YOU important too???

Good Luck! You´re one strong lady!!! I am fascinated by the Chinese culture and history..your family..where are they now that you are moving???? Lots of LOVE!!!!!!

#114333 - 10/07/07 10:18 PM Re: Only in public... [Re: humlan]
Emyjay Offline

Mrs. Madness,

Just wondering how you are doing, if you've moved, made any decisions.

My husband is on my s--- list again. He almost treats me nicely . . . I think he's maybe going to give me an innocent hug . . . then, he's back to what I hope is just an extended male menopause.

Oh, well. I've just organized a community book club. Hopefully, I'll make some new friends.

Been thinking about you - just very busy at work, which is supposed to be part-time but is not.

Hope you are doing okay . . . feeling a bit more up.

Blessings,
Emily

#114334 - 10/08/07 07:01 PM Re: Only in public... [Re: Emyjay]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
That's so nice. So very very nice. Thanks, I really mean it.

I feel lost and abondoned a lot. I'll write again soon.

Thanks for asking about me.

#114335 - 10/08/07 08:26 PM Re: Only in public... [Re: mrs_madness]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mrs. Maddness you're a fighter, you have strong convictions. You have gone head to head with me at times and not many do that. I admire a strong woman whether they agree with me or not. I see good things in your future, things you yourself will create. You've got guts and smarts. Go for it!!!

Edited by chatty lady (10/08/07 08:27 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#114336 - 10/23/07 08:03 AM Re: Ageing marriages [Re: Jane_Carroll]
luvneverends Offline

I just wanna say that the most time of life is quiet. Passion is its spice. Both you and he need to understand each other.

http://www.seniorwoo.com/blog?thatsme

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved