The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11421 - 03/27/03 08:54 AM Going on Trips Together
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
Wasn't sure where to put this, but I just got back from a trip with my mom to visit other family members. While I enjoyed visiting everyone, what I really liked was taking a trip with my mom as adults. I enjoyed not having my day completely planned for me, the fact that she let me drive us everywhere, and the conversations. I am sure she enjoyed not having to drive or plan anything, and being able to rely on someone else to take care of trip things for a change. It was enjoyable for us both.

#11422 - 03/27/03 01:21 AM Re: Going on Trips Together
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
Candice, I know what you mean. Being able to look at your mother as your best friend and equal is really great. Putting the old conflicts of teenager/parent behind you and feeling a mutual respect...there's nothing greater. I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience. I enjoy going out with my mother too. Sometimes, when I have to run errands in a town between us, I'll call my mom and ask her to meet me for a glass of iced tea at a local fast food place. Or we'll meet at Walmart to do some shopping. I always feel better after talking to my mom. She's always supportive, and easy to talk to. I wish everyone had a mom like that.

#11423 - 03/27/03 07:16 PM Re: Going on Trips Together
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
How fun that you are able to experience a little role reversal and enjoy it! Especially knowing that it didn't have to be that way, just happened! Sounds wonderful! [Big Grin]

Thanks for sharing those thoughts.

There are many women in this forum who know the roles are reversed simply because their moms are no longer able to be the mom in charge due to physical or mental restraints. [Confused]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved