The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#113850 - 04/05/07 10:03 PM A Story to Tell...
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
There is a saying in German; When you travel you have a story to tell . Well, I have a story to share with you from our trip to Mallorca.

On our last day the weather was foggy, cold and windy. I hate that kind of weather in Germany, but when I'm on the ocean, -- any ocean, I love it.

While Hubby and I were taking a walk along the ocean side, we saw something terrible. It was high tide and huge waves were crashing against the cliffs. At the edge of one of the rocks we spotted a thin man, clad in raingear standing tall and upright under each ocean spray. The mist encompassed him till he almost disappeared, creating the ever repeating illusion that he had been swept off the cliff and into the ocean.

Now if this weren't bad enough, we saw a young girl, about nine years old, scamper across the slippery rocks towards the man. She was drenched to the bone, her wet hair plastered to her small head. She tugged at the man's sleeve, but the man shook the girl off his arm. He laughed and seemed to make a sport of it. Then just before a new wave rolled in, ready to break across the cliffs, the child fled from the cliff's edge like a frightened little Sandpiper.

No, we couldn't hear her screaming over the ocean noise, but I'm sure she was. Was he the girl's father? – I think so. We climbed over the rocks towards the girl, who was standing within a safe distance from the breaking waves. She was terribly pale and thin and crying. I asked her in English, and then in German, if we could help her. She didn't even look at me.

Then I spoke the few words of Spanish that I know;" Hola Muchacha, ¿Puedo ayudarle?" Which means hello little girl can I help you?...(At least I hope it means that). I stretched my hand out to her. She hardly took notice of me and darted away. She ran so fast, and was gone behind some boulders and into the dense bushes that grew along the top of the cliffs.

Hubby and I looked back and the man was gone. I have no idea if he was torn off the cliff or if he just left. We rushed to the rocks and didn't see anyone; no one. The sounds of the crashing waves seemed louder than ever. Hubby and I searched as long as we could through the bushes, but found no sign of the child. We had to break off to get back to the hotel and get my mother and her friend to the airport bus.

That night I hardly slept a wink; the pictures just kept coming back. Oh how my heart goes out to this fragile child. How many children live horrifying lives because their parents are mentally unstable? I'm sorry to say, I think that is exactly what we had witnessed.

#113851 - 04/05/07 10:08 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Edelweiss]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
HL...welcome back...we've missed you...that is a horrible story...but what fodder for your writer! All the questions that you have...create the answers while it's fresh in you mind...you've got a best seller there!

#113852 - 04/05/07 10:10 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Oh, gosh. That would have bothered me as well even after the holiday ended. You can offer a prayer for the little girl's safety, Hannelore. It was really a sad thing to witness.

#113853 - 04/05/07 10:34 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Jane, I love being missed...especially cause I missed you all. Gee, even when I'm on vacation I think about you gals. You have all become a big part of my life.
Jane...I am going to take you up on your suggestion. Yes, I think this will be my next story. Best Seller? Please I just need a Best Agent.

Yes Lola...that little girl is in my prayers; very much so.
And how are you doing? I still think about our phone call and how you sang the nursery song to my Granchild.

#113854 - 04/06/07 12:01 AM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
wow poor kid and what a feeling of helplessness you must have had...poor kid scared for herself, and scared for her dad at the waters edje she must have been petrified he had been washed away if it looked like that to you adults might have looked like that to her.

this is so sillie and probiblie not worth mentioning and dont know why i am mentioning it....could it be a goust scean? did you think of that

anyway its great to have ya back even if your time is limited at the minuet soon you be back as much as usule and cousing mistchiff and coaose in the forums lol. I cant waitre hehehe

#113855 - 04/06/07 02:34 AM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I was thinking the same - it is a best seller and perhaps a ghost story. It is a real possibilty, you know.....

I am also glad you are back. Missed you, girlfriend.

#113856 - 04/06/07 12:48 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Anno]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I would call the hotel and ask around if anyone has ever heard of seeing a ghost on the rocks. There's your title. Ghost on the rocks. Sounds like a drink....

#113857 - 04/06/07 07:06 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: jawjaw]
celtic_flame Offline

ghost on the rocks, tell me no lies, poor me a drink and i tell you some lies, yesterdays gone all we got is this songgg.....

#113858 - 04/06/07 07:45 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: celtic_flame]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

ps---Hannelore, you are missed. Even when you're just gone for a day.

#113859 - 04/06/07 08:12 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Boo!

I'm back...this ghost story is getting under my skin...brrrrr. Celtic and Anno you got my brain a ticking. Ha! JJ, "Gost on the Rocks"...that's funny. And you can only read it while drinking a "Bloody Mary".

I came up with a good plot. Should I ask you what you think, or will Mr. King read this and steal my idea?

#113860 - 04/06/07 10:22 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Edelweiss]
celtic_flame Offline

we will fight mr king to the bitter end if he dose, go on tell...

oh let me gess, the girles the gost the dads half deranged and stands at the pier in stormes hysterical with greeth from the loss...seeing the child but imagining hes halucinating with all the bloddie maries hes drank that day...

no seriousie we wont tell....but i not sure of those lurkers hmmmm.

#113861 - 04/07/07 05:32 AM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Edelweiss]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hannelore, go for it! And good to see you back again

Poet and essayist

#113862 - 04/07/07 08:47 AM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh wow Hannelore, what a terrible experience, but I have to admit it got me excited and the first thing I thought of was what a great book this would make especially with the talent you have for putting just the right words together, just the right way....God Bless that pitiful child.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#113863 - 04/07/07 12:38 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, your post had me in tremendous suspense. I can't wait to hear more.

I think you should scour the newspapers for that area (maybe for the whole week after the incident) just to see if anything really did happen.

#113864 - 04/09/07 03:04 AM Re: A Story to Tell...
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
That is dramatic thing you witnessed Hannelore.

Something to be said that a child needs not love as the first thing, but security must come first, before love, that s/he feels SAFE in their very own home....especially if parent is not behaving in predictable/protective manner.

2 nights ago we were watching a movie where a parent threw breakable item to a child. I commented how horrible for a parent to throw something at a child.

And my partner said..in his teenage years.his stepfather threw things at home in anger. My partner did get pieces of glass in his face...

I have been with my partner for almost 15 years and this is the first time I heard this story. Knew ages ago, he never cared much for his stepfather (now dead) because of his moody anger, insecurities, etc.

I spent the rest of evening mulling over ..this is probably why my dearie is a sensitive man...violence / unpredictable anger of parents, can desensitize a child or sensitize child.

#113865 - 04/09/07 03:44 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Quote:

Something to be said that a child needs not love as the first thing, but security must come first, before love, that s/he feels SAFE in their very own home....especially if parent is not behaving in predictable/protective manner.

I agree Orchid. And giving a child a feeling of security is a form of love.
So good that your partner has found a woman, I mean you, who can give him a loving and stable relationship..

#113866 - 04/09/07 04:04 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Edelweiss]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Will the book "Ghost on the Rocks" be after "Punchlines in Deutsche"?

#113867 - 04/23/07 10:52 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: Lola]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Does anyone else think that what Alex (loud mouth) Baldwin did was an example of abuse???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#113868 - 04/30/07 08:13 PM Re: A Story to Tell... [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Oh...YES! Not only abusive but very threatening. I can't believe The View allowed him on the show as he told one lie after another. I didn't believe him once. I think he is much sicker than anyone realizes, except his ex.

I read his brother's book (I'm not sure why) and he kept mentioning being hurt if he told anything about his brothers. Maybe he was trying to be cute but it came off as strange. He came off the same way in his interview with Larry King. BTW, his brother's book was badly in need of some editing!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved