The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 120 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#11343 - 04/17/06 03:26 AM Fosamax update
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hi. I take Fosamax and just learned that there is a two-year old class action lawsuit against the makers of bisphosphonates like Fosamax, especially for people who have cancer. The drug is causing osteonecrosis of the jaw (ONJ)- jaw decay. Fosamax is supposed to allevaite osteoporosis, but oral surgeons and dentists noticed a link between jaw decay and bisphosphonates 5 years ago. You're not supposed to take Fosamax if you're having dental surgery or extractions. Check it out on the Internet. Saundra

#11344 - 04/19/06 01:58 AM Re: Fosamax update
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Saundra, do you have a site to visit for this? I wonder if it's on the Fosamax site...

#11345 - 04/19/06 03:07 AM Re: Fosamax update
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good grief is nothing safe these doctors prescribe these days??? Take Fosomax and be free of osteoporosis, only one small thing though your face may fall off, DAH!!!

#11346 - 04/19/06 10:24 PM Re: Fosamax update
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I have been taking fosomax for over 6 years now without any problem. I'll have to talk to my dr. about this - I did hear this a while ago, but was told it was an urban legend. I did read/hear somewhere that it is not effective after a few years - and if that's the case - I'd rather not use it period.

#11347 - 04/20/06 02:21 AM Re: Fosamax update
Saundra Offline

I typed "fosamax lawsuit" on the Internet and went to www.fosamax-lawyer.com. From that site I found a letter from Novartis Oncology in New Jersey addressed to Dear Doctor, which talks about new precautions section of drugs and says, "A dental exmination with appropriate preventive dentistry should be considered prior to treatment with bisphonsphonates in patients with concomitant risk factors (e.g. cancer, chemotherapy, corticosteroids, poor oral hygiene)." Fosamax is a bisphonsophonate.

I take Fosamax and prednisone (a steroid) & have a history of periodontal disease and jawbone loss so I was extremely interested. I have to talk to my doc again. My periodontist said because I take both drugs, the dental implants I need may not be suited for me. Crap!

I agree Broswer. I take fosomax because of the damage from the prednisone and then find out about more risks from fosamax.

#11348 - 04/20/06 02:24 AM Re: Fosamax update
Saundra Offline

Hi, again. Chatty, almost all drugs on the market has adverse side effects they don't tell us about. This one is very bad! Forgot to mention some docs think fosamax stays in your system for 10 years after you stop taking it.

You all know it's all about the money. LOL S [Smile]

#11349 - 04/20/06 06:04 AM Re: Fosamax update
Saundra Offline

Dotsie, I went to the fosamax website (www.fosamax.com). You wil not find any negative info there - it is a Merck product. They already have 10,000 lawsuits for Vioxx. S [Smile]

#11351 - 06/23/06 03:18 AM Re: Fosamax update
Saundra Offline

Merk added ONJ (osteonecrosis of the jawbone) to the warning label. I found it under Adverse Reactions and Precautions, Dental, which states "Dental surgery may exacerbate the condition." If you're taking Fosamax you need to tell your dental professionals.

#11352 - 07/29/06 09:39 PM Re: Fosamax update [Re: Saundra]
JaMaPh Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Az
Saundra, I read somewhere a couple months ago that fosamax had to stop being used after 2 years, so hearing Browser is on it 6 is surprising. Fmx coats the bone, so even after you quit taking it, any calcium you take cannot get IN the bone. also won't get out, assuming there's some in there.

I will fight forever taking drugs to assumably help with bone strength and help. I am as a matter of fact. Fighting that is.

I am taking osteosine. If anyone wants info on that, lemme know. it's an herb. go to their website.
http://www.nulivlifestyle.com/osteosine.html

I have a sensitive system. I can only take one a day, otherwise I break out in zits. Had to quit taking dhea because of it. Now am back on the dhea, 10mg in the a.m. osteosine at night. I MAY pay the cost and see if it's made a diff in Oct, but my dexa test is in Feb, so I'll probably wait til then. As I haven't been exercising enough, and I want a good reading.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Like real life stuff? Go here:
http://www.my-walk-with-God.com

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved