The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 104 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#113455 - 04/03/07 11:59 AM vacations?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I know Hannelore is off and running with her mother which I think is awesome. But do any of you have parents who are slowing down, are capable of still traveling, but don't want to. This saddens me. I guess it becomes too much to think about and plan, but how sad to think they will never get beyond their stomping grounds again.

#113456 - 04/03/07 02:35 PM Re: vacations?
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
My mom can't do much anymore; she has a hard time with walking and she has very little stamina due to lack of exercise and weight gain.

But... I'm taking her to the Palm Springs Follies on Mother's Day weekend. It's a follies show performed by "mature" women - here's a link:

http://www.psfollies.com/index.php

My mom and I mostly do day trips like this, rather than longer vacations. Which is probably good for me, since she drives me nuts if I'm with her for more than a day . . .

Kathy

#113457 - 04/03/07 08:07 PM Re: vacations? I'm back! [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Happy Birthday Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Everyone! I'm partially back. …. ALIVE …… Just one more week to go with our houseguest.

Mom just loved being pushed in her wheel chair on the beach boardwalks. We took car trips up serpentine roads and ooohed and aaaahed at the olive trees' bizarre trunks. Evenings we ate at Tapa restaurants and drank Sangria till Mom and her dear old friend got fire red cheeks and couldn't stop giggling. (We could only sit at tables near the ladies room. ha ha).

Hubby even danced a slow waltz with my Mom and her friend at the hotel dance lounge. Was it the three glasses of dinner wine and Sangria? Who cares; love and laughs…it was a heartful!

Thank you all for advising me to do this for my Mama-muschka. (When I call her that she always smiles.) And she and her friend thank you too!

#113458 - 04/03/07 08:56 PM Re: vacations? I'm back! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
So happy to hear this! It sounds like a great time and I wish I could have been along with you.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#113459 - 04/03/07 09:20 PM Re: vacations? I'm back! [Re: Dianne]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Hannelore, sounds perfect. Can't wait to hear more.

It's not for me, tho. A few years ago, I asked my parents and sister to go on a cruise. The blank stares I got back were deafening. They all thought I was nuts!!

Oh well, some people you can travel with, others you can't.

#113460 - 04/04/07 08:31 PM Re: vacations? I'm back! [Re: Anno]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hannelore, sounds like you had a really fun time

Poet and essayist

#113461 - 04/10/07 06:36 PM Re: vacations? I'm back! [Re: meredithbead]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. You are so blessed to still have your mom with you. I'm so glad you had such a fun time.

She and her friend remind me of Mom and her best friend. The good news is that Mom's best friend is the mother of one of my dearest friends since first grade. Our friendship sparked Mom and Celeste's friendship which lasted until the day Mom died. Celeste died shortly thereafter.

My friend and I get together for lunch on our mom's birthdays and celebrate them. It's a great way to reminisce.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved