The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#111751 - 03/21/07 02:20 AM Re: Absolutely senseless [Re: celtic_flame]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I believe in numbers. I also believe that numbers can defend any position you wish to hold. There is good news and bad news in all numbers.

Women are finding new ways to defend themselves, and yet the laws and powers are not protecting women. It still is a man's world.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#111752 - 03/21/07 12:00 PM Re: Absolutely senseless [Re: Anno]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
yea numbers and out of contect quotes both have a danger....well when the powers that be won't protect unfortunitly the indivduel is left in the position of having to protect...I been their and its not somewere i willing to go again in a hurrie.....the whole thing just filled with worrie even if nuthing dose happen. Bet your socks that a lot of women are scared to death even if he leaves, an injunction happens ...and she never sees him again the worrie over something happening is bad enough

its not great in the uk and dosent sound to be that much better in the states....sad but females are 50% of the populasion at lest....One would hope laws would be developed that protect all the citizens of a countrie not just some of them..

#111753 - 03/24/07 07:48 PM The thought makes me sick... [Re: ]
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
Dearhearts,
I get sick to my stomach when I think of any kind of abuse.
I hate it! And what's with an overgrown police officer beating on a young lady? What garbage! People that abuse animals should be jailed for a long time! People that abuse children should get life in jail! Somehow, this abuse thing has got to be stopped!!!

#111755 - 03/24/07 08:13 PM Re: The thought makes me sick... [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Anno wrote: "Women are finding new ways to defend themselves, and yet the laws and powers are not protecting women. It still is a man's world." When I first read the first line, I thought, Why do women have to be in a position to defend themselves? Why can't men be in the position to be accountable, peaceful, and respectful? ***As a victim advocate, I saw many men young and old come into the agency for help. Sure, more women are victimized, and also it was about who had the perceived power, whether the male or female. One case was an 80 year old man who was seduced by a 40 year old woman. He came into the agency because she was emotionally, physically, and financially abusing him. The reason he married her? Simply because he was lonely. She locked him out of his own house. That man had guts to come to an agency primarily treating women.

#111756 - 03/24/07 08:20 PM Re: The thought makes me sick... [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Celtic, in response to your question, I'm sure you know that the most dangerous time for a woman is when she is leaving the abusive relationship. That is when the abusive man perceives he is losing power over her, and thus regains the power and control by being even more abusive. And, many women who manage to leave an abusive relationship (and this could apply to gay relationships as well) are pursued and stalked and sabatoged by the partner she just left. For example, a woman could be stalked and harassed at work to the point that she is fired or quits because she feels guilty and ashamed. Thus, she has to return to the abusive partner in order to gain financial equilibrium. What a vicious cycle. Been there, done that. I have not heard that "the amount of women killing has decreased." In fact, I've heard that violence has escalated in intensity and frequency and duration. What with rappers going on about "their bitches" and shows that continue to illustrate women as possessions, I've heard that there are fewer women able to defend themselves if need be. You see, a woman can get so depleted of self-worth that she does not even think she deserves to defend herself. In the US guns are so plentiful that gun related domestic violence is on the increase. Miss Diane, can you comment on this topic?

#111757 - 03/24/07 08:28 PM Re: Absolutely senseless [Re: ]
Princess Lenora Offline

I don't understand this: "whether it's been reported to police or not. The information, collected in thousands of confidential interviews, is the most widely used instrument for charting U.S. crime trends." The quote if from Anno's quote. If the interviews are confidential, then how did the researchers get those numbers? For example in the agency where I volunteered, the interviews were completely confidential, and no information was going to go anywhere. Even in a case that went to criminal law, the intake information and interview could not be released from the agency because it was confidential. Something's screwy about this. How many women die due to DV and it is considered an accident? Restraining orders do nothing IMO. Never have, and don't now. If an abuser doesn't respect life, how is he/she expected to respect a piece of paper?

#111758 - 03/25/07 07:24 PM Re: Absolutely senseless [Re: Princess Lenora]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
In a nut shell, Princess, THEIR NOT!!! An abuser respects nothing, especially themselves.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved