The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11145 - 11/09/05 02:47 AM FIFTY UPDATE
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Hi all,

Wow, as I tried to quickly scroll through the posts, I noticed somebody had written about a rollercoaster ride. Well, that kind of describes my life of late. I've been off line for a while.
First, I went to help my daughter (who is due next week) and was affected by Hurricane Wilma. Florida Power and Light certainly learned you do NOT tell a 9-months-pregnant woman it will be three weeks until she gets electricity back! (It took 4 days.)We had just about gotten her on an even keel, when my DIL (the one with MS) called to say her 2-yr-old had been hospitalized with breathing difficulties. They are now saying he is a severe asthmatic, which I'm not sure about. He does have some incredible allergies, so was predisposed, but this is the only time he has ever had an attack. Anyway, since my son was in Germany on business at the time, I immediately took off up to their place. It took my son 2 days to get home, and grandson was hospitalized for 4 days so that indicates the seriousness of the situation. Of course, DIL felt she absolutely had to sleep in the hospital each night, which ran her down nearly completely. I took care of granddaughter, and then tried to take care of them all for another week.
AND, my DIL STILL does not have her medication for MS. Her insurance company is dragging their feet. It is so-o-o-o frustrating , and since she seems to be in one continuous attack, I'm afraid the lack of medication could affect her further down the road.
I'll try to catch up on the forums and e-mails a little at a time this week. (Next week I'm going back to my daughter's place, when she has the baby.)
Many thanks to those who posted asking about me and mine. It's been a wild time, but I'm home and resting myself now.

#11146 - 11/09/05 03:19 AM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Bless you 50- they are lucky people to have you

#11147 - 11/09/05 05:22 AM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Fifty, so nice to hear from you. PM me when you get back from your daughters and we will pick up where we left off. Relax and enjoy.
chick

#11148 - 11/09/05 07:13 AM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
My goodness Fifty...I am exhausted just reading about your life...I hope all goes well with you and your family...I'll keep you in my prayers.

#11149 - 11/09/05 07:27 PM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
Fiftyandfine Offline

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers ladies,

This morning I have made myself a cup of tea and plan to sit here and do nothing but catch up on BWS!
My doc had a FIT when he found out all that I've been doing. You shoulda heard him, "You've been on HOW MANY planes? YOU ARE GROUNDED for the remainder of this week, and those blood tests BETTER come back okay!" I laughed, but I understood that he was serious. Actually, I feel fine. I know I'm a little more tired than usual, but who wouldn't be?
And now, I'm off (electronically, not literally) to see what everybody has been up to. [Wink]

#11150 - 11/10/05 06:14 AM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Fifty, I wish I could help with some info on getting that medication sooner but I am at a loss with Florida law.

Pm me if you can and let me know what type of symptoms she is expereinceing.

Take care of yourself. You have a lot going on and you need your energy, too.

Your family is always in my prayers.

Lynn

#11151 - 11/12/05 07:00 PM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Fifty, I'm happy to hear there will be new life in the mix very shortly. Praise God for that!

I am so far removed from your DIL's situation, but still seething that she doens't have her medication YET! That's pathetic! ANd we live in the USA!

Please let us know how your little grandson is doing.

Have fun with the new grandbaby.

#11152 - 11/13/05 04:25 AM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Good Grief!!

Poor fifty. You'll be sixty before this is over! I sure hope you follow dr's advice and stay grounded for a week at least . Altho' I know if it's not possible, it's not. Has any of you thought of some alternative medicines till the others get approved? I don't mean any thing harmful, but there are herbs and such out there that at least might help in the meantime....That IS pathetic and shameful as well....It disgusts me. Oh, and makes me MAD ! Take heart and take control!!!

Search

#11153 - 11/14/05 06:08 PM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
Fiftyandfine Offline

Searcher, et al,
Thanks for the replies. I'll be checking with my DIL about her meds later today.
Grandson who was hospitalized is on regular medication and seems completely back to normal. When I called them yesterday, as I was speaking to his sister, I could hear him yelling, "Ah, man" and "Go Boncos" (he still leaves the 'R' out of Broncos) in the background. AND he got on the phone just long enough to say, "Call me 'morrow, Gamma, the game's on." Yes, his father--my son--has managed to turn him into a football nut before the age of three!
As for me, I am feeling MUCH less tired after a week of rest and trying out a new diet. Going to stick with the resting until Friday, when I head to daughter's for the birth of the baby!
December promises to be a good month. Lots of down time, my favorite cousin visitng from Canada, and I'll be officially one full year post cancer!!!

Take care ladies...

Fifty

#11154 - 11/14/05 06:39 PM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
You sound like a wonderful mom and grandmother. They are lucky to have you and I will pray all goes well.

As for the 2 yr old in the hospital, my 4 yr old grandson have been in and out of the hospital for ear infections and asthma all his life. Only 3 mos ago they finally tested him for all kinds of allergies, and found he was allergic to milk, soy milk (he has to drink rice milk), cheese, sugar, it goes on and on. They said this is what has caused his problems since birth. It might be worth looking into. Save money, energy, and time, not to mention health for everyone!

#11155 - 11/15/05 04:13 AM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Fiftyand fine, hope putting you and your family in my prayers will help some too. Things do have a way of working out slow but sure. A new life for December, how wonderful. Stay in touch, safe and happy....

[ November 14, 2005, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#11156 - 11/15/05 05:22 AM Re: FIFTY UPDATE
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Yeah! Fifty is going on one year post. That is something to celebrate. Make sure you do.

Lynn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved