For several years now I've been feeling 'uncomfortable' with the denomination I've been affiliated with all my life. I'd searched information on the web about different denominations and wanted to find one that matches my own beliefs. (I have long believed that denominations were created for people, not God, and that God really doesn't mind which denomination I belong to.)
I 'came out of the closet' 2 weeks ago and joined the Methodist church. I am a bona fide Methodist now. I feel very good about it. I'd been attending the church since Christmas and it's right here close by our home - I like 'community' churches and find I can participate better if I don't have to travel distance to get there. My pastor is a woman - incredibly good as a pastor, I might add. I'd never had a female pastor before
and am delighted to find she's the best pastor I ever had! This is new for me, Ladies. (Even in this 'enlightened' age, I find I can be somewhat old-fashioned.)I'm still changing and growing, I guess. Anyway, this is another big change for me in my boomer years. Seems like I'm changing in every way, from the inside out....maybe I've finally developed the confidence to do those things I wanted to do?
Virginia