The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#10932 - 06/08/05 02:40 AM Anxiety
Kelly L. Adams Stone Offline

Loc: Florida
I'm interested in writing an article on generalized anxiety and how it effects women's day to day lives. I'd also like to draw some awareness to what constitutes "clinical" anxiety that may require help with medication and/or therapy.

If anyone has had problems with anxiety or thinks they have had problems with anxiety and would be willing to be interviewed for the article idea (strictly an idea at this stage), please email me directly at kellystone@kellylstone.com.

Thanks,
Kelly

#10933 - 06/08/05 05:10 AM Re: Anxiety
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just got excused from Jury duty, my doctor wrote an excuse that I suffered from severe anxiety attacks....Don't take anything for them I just stay around the house alot and relax....They are a tiresome ordeal...

#10935 - 06/08/05 08:16 PM Re: Anxiety
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Kelly, You can interview me if you'd like. I have GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and am BP2. I'll answer your questions the best I can.

you can send your interview to vmtwriter@vickimtaylor.com

thanks.

#10936 - 06/09/05 01:33 AM Re: Anxiety
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Kelly, as you know, I was diagnosed with anxiety/depression. It was generalized anxiety disorder. You can interview me if you like. I can offer a then and now perspective as to diagnosis and treatments. I know that untreated I would have moved into agraphobia. LLL

#10937 - 06/09/05 04:42 AM Re: Anxiety
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
My anxiety comes from one place and one place alone. In was fine this morning my blood pressure normal (for me) and then HE showed up, my ex and all hell broke loose. My heart was pounding and my sugar instantly went up to nearly 300 (70-110 is nomal) and it was normal today.....The only pill I need is one that comes out of a .38 caliber revolver and today it came very close to that...Lord in Heaven how long must I suffer for the terrible mistake I made years ago??? [Frown]

#10938 - 06/09/05 12:56 PM Re: Anxiety
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chatty Lady:

I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you. I know you've responded to my thread about coping. I can't offer much advice on how to deal with your situation. I'm fortunate, I've seen my ex once in more than 20 years and that was almost too much.

I can't imagine how you are feeling but I know the feeling of thinking about putting a gun to my own head (that was several years ago). Today, I can think of easier ways to do it. BUT I DON'T. There are a couple of things that help ... one of them has to do with my two grandkids. I couldn't do that to them.

While it's easy to get caught up in the heat of anger and emotions, maybe remembering the consequences of our actions might help. You are too precious to put yourself in that kind of position. While it may seem to be the only solution, YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN THAT.

I'm probably not helping so let me just say, you are in my prayers.

Blessings, Francine

#10939 - 06/09/05 06:34 PM Re: Anxiety
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, please see your private messages.

#10940 - 08/17/05 03:01 PM Re: Anxiety
donette Offline

Loc: St Joe Missouri
I ave had severe GAD since I was 14 . I have evn had seizures. I also am a psychotherapist ( not active ) and have treated several people with the disorder ... I f you would like more information PM me and I can provide you wiht some really interesting stories with what GAD has done to me and how I have survived. I also have several cleints that have had interesting stories . AS far as research I have tons .

Good Luck
Donette

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved