The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#109358 - 04/15/07 05:58 PM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: Edelweiss]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
No, our kids haven't gone over there. They'd probably starve to death if they did since they are such picky eaters!

The ones we had were always quite short term, and they were two at a time in all cases. My youngest (15) wants to see Europe and learn German, and I told him he could go over and meet you but he looked at me a little odd, like how could he just fly over to Germany and meet someone none of us really knew!

But I bet you'd welcome him for dinner and show him around a little, wouldn't you? That's the feeling I get from so many of these ladies on here - I really feel like I know you. My son looks at me like I'm nuts, but then I remind him of his online friends and he starts to understand.

K

#109359 - 04/15/07 06:06 PM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Kathy, I'm smiling. I think that is one of the biggest compliments from a mother, to entrust her child to another.
Of course we would be delighted to have your son come visit. They have fantastic youth summer programs here too. Many teenagers travel Germany be "rail", stay in youth hostiles and hike or bike ride in organized groups. My nephew may do that this summer, just using our place as a stop over. Just a thought…I wouldn't want your son to get bored with us oldies.

#109360 - 04/29/07 11:38 PM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: orchid]
ShirleyValentine Offline

Aw, I'm a little bit biased, but Venice is one of my all-time favourites, especially during Carnevale (February).

We went there for my 50th, with son in tow!

Other lovely places in Italy?
Well, Florence and Rome, obviously, but also places like Capri, Amalfi, Positano, Pompeii (amazing place), San Gimignano, Alberobello, Monte Argentario (this last one if you like boats)...

I have two other places I so want to go to:

1. Cairo, Luxor and the Nile (I am into egyptology)
2. Graceland (I am an Elvis fan )

#109361 - 04/30/07 12:20 AM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: ShirleyValentine]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Shirley,
I have very fond memories of Venice, even though I was only 15 yrs old when I last visited. Seems like a lifetime ago. I'm sure going to get back there one day!

It's just 3 weeks to go before we fly out to New Zealand for 2 weeks and I can't wait!
Some of you will already know that I was born in NZ, but I haven't been back for about 28yrs so I'm really not sure what to expect. I know it will be a little strange going back to see the places where I grew up. I hope the old house is still there.
In some ways it will be quite nostalgic, but I'm also looking forward to exploring the countryside and the attractions that NZ is famous for (But, definitely NOT the bungy jumping!!!) If you're not familiar with Bungy.... it basically requires you to strap a stretchy rope to your ankles and jump off a bridge.
Here's a short film clip http://www.ajhackett.co.nz/
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#109362 - 04/30/07 01:45 AM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: SharonE]
ShirleyValentine Offline

Gosh you must be so excited after 28 years!!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved