The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 172 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#109318 - 02/26/07 03:30 AM Great Destinations?
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Would anyone like to comment about their favorite destination for a vacation?
I am planning a trip to New Zealand mid-year. I was born there but haven't been back for 28 yrs. It's very exciting.
I am also looking forward to planning a trip to somewhere(?) next year. Any suggestions?
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#109319 - 02/26/07 03:52 AM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: SharonE]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sharon,
There's a website www.tangodiva.com that is all about women and travel...I don't know a lot about it...but I think they feature information for women traveling alone...I don't know what your circumstances are in that regards...

Otherwise...I've done primarily domestic travel within the US...nothing exciting enough to travel from Australia! LOL!

#109320 - 02/26/07 01:10 PM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: SharonE]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
Here's an article worth perusing, "Eight places every woman should go." One of them is a few blocks from where I live, the Russian banya, and I've been there!

http://travel.news.yahoo.com/b/rolf_potts/20070219/rolf_potts/rolf_potts22400

#109321 - 02/26/07 03:16 PM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: mrs_madness]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I loved Southern France. St Tropez is wonderful. I also loved visiting Monico. Beautiful!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#109322 - 02/26/07 11:23 PM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: Dianne]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I've been to Ireland, Scotland, and England, as far as overseas and fell in love with each country and the people. But let me tell you, if you haven't seen Yellowstone and all of the natural formations and wild life, you haven't lived. Every corner you turn has another sight to behold.

I would recommend it to anyone, any time.

#109323 - 02/26/07 11:29 PM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: jawjaw]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
What are your interests? Where could you best persue these interests?

I love to shop, visit history and view scenery. I have been to most of the Latin American/South American countries, the UK, France, China, Switzerland and this summer Spain and Portugal. Have visited all 50 states (and yes, Yellowstone is very much worth the trip) and can't say that I have every had anything but a wonderful trip.

My favorite, tho, was my trip to the UK. Maybe because it was my first trip across the Atlantic, or may the company, or maybe the language (although I can't say I understood all of the English language). I loved Wales, England and Scotland. The people were outstanding, hospitable and generous. And the beer and whiskey was pretty good too.

Can't wait to hear where you end up going.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109324 - 02/26/07 11:48 PM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: Anno]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anno, you've been to all 50 states? That's awesome. I have elderly friends who have done the same. What are some of your favorite states?

Sharon, most of the time I travel for vacation, I go to nice beaches. I've been to five of the islands in Hawaii, St. Thomas, St. John. Virgin Gorda, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahamas and a few others. Let me know if you want to go to a nice beach. I should be able to help you out.

#109325 - 02/26/07 11:54 PM Re: Great Destinations?
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Yup, I made it to Alaska 2 years ago, the last of the 50. I love all the states on the west coast - the winery roads - and the rocky mountain states. I am not crazy about the great midwest (and so why do I live here) but love the east coast, too.

Maybe Maine would be one of my favorites. Wouldn't want to live there, but I loved the layed back attitude and the small towns. Great lobster, too.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#109326 - 02/27/07 12:43 AM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: Anno]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Thanks everyone.
Anno, I love history and scenery too. I was leaning towards the UK, and now that I've read your post, I'm convinced! It's a long haul from Australia, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Will have to start saving my pennies NOW.

Dotsie, I also love being close to the water. Beaches have always been very close to my heart. I was raised near the harbour/ocean and have never lived futher than 10miles from the coast. I find it very calming and relaxing. I will certainly have to fit in a beach oriented vacation in the not tooooo distant future. What would be your pick?

I love planning vacations and doing all the research on the internet, it makes me feel like I'm already there. Sort of like a permanent vacation (I wish)
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#109327 - 02/27/07 04:19 AM Re: Great Destinations? [Re: SharonE]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
sharon, I hope you will enjoy NZ. I had employee from New Zealand, she was homesick for it. I haven't been there, but my partner cycled by himself for 6 months in NZ in north and south islands. About 4 years ago. Unspoiled, great camping, etc.

I'm from Vancouver, British Columbia and have been living here for 5 years, after living in Ontario for over 43 years. It is beautiful where we are...just come in summer. We don't get much rain and the temperate rainforests are lush, tall.

I spent 3 weeks in Hawaii and 1 wk. a few years later in Sante Fe, New Mexico area. Just loved it for the fact, that these 2 states are very different in their historic-cultural influences compared to other parts of the U.S. I think every American should this part of their own country if they hesitate to travel to other "foreign" countries. There's enough exotic stuff in the history, flora/fauna, topography in these 2 states.

Greece is fantastic, particularily the islands. I was there for 3 weeks touring privately with 2 Greek-Canadians who knew the language.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved