The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#10822 - 04/29/05 07:19 AM Diabetes-cinnamon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is one of those things I read about in a magazine, but never did a darn thing about it for my daughter. What's my problem? I did however tell her that hot baths lower blood sugar when you are in a pinch. They do. It works for her.

But here's the biggie:

500mg. of cinnamon
two capsules in the morning
two at night

You can buy them at the drug, or vitamin store. They're not even expensive. We may have something here!

A dear friend bought a bottle for my daughter because she's tried it and it's working for her! I am so excited about this. I had to share. I'll keep you posted on my daughter's success.

Let me know if you or a loved one decides to try it.

#10823 - 04/29/05 01:08 AM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Somewhere in these posts is me telling you about Cinnamon Dotsie which I take faithfully daily and it does work. I add it to my tea, on my cereal hot or cold and on all the sugar free deserts I make. I am beginning to feel invisible here. I figure I eat about 2 tablespoons a day and it tastes good too. Haven't tried the capsules however. I will get some of those too... [Wink]

#10824 - 04/29/05 01:35 AM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
You aren't invisible, Chatty. It's like this:
I remember you telling someone about Flax Seed Oil caps. Ok, I finally broke down and bought some and ...... I can't remember what I bought them for!!! And even tho I check the forums several times a day, do you think I remembered to do a search for 'flax seed oil'? Not.
I'm telling ya, it's just ol' Alz hanging out at my house. That's all. Just old Al.

#10825 - 04/29/05 07:06 AM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well Unique you've come to the right place. Actually flax seed is good for numerous things all good for us, but we were talking about regularity and it is especislly good for keeping one regular, also for energy and has been kinown to darken a persons hair, yep right back to the natural color....You can't go wrong taking it, but start slow and build gradually to about 2 tbls. a day. I buy the seeds and grind mine fresh...it doesn't stay at full strength if loeft to long even in the fridge once its been ground...Capsules don't have the same problem... [Razz]

#10826 - 04/29/05 10:55 PM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

chatty, you are right. I remember hearing it from you too, but still never did anything about it. I guess someone had to hand me the bottle of capsules.

This is only her second day taking them. I'll let you know how they work.

#10827 - 05/01/05 06:22 AM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
okay okay i'm being blonde here

what did i miss about cinnamon and diabetes ????

hubby has type II -- doesnt have any problems but i'm always curious about new things

fill me in please -- pretty please

#10828 - 05/03/05 02:50 AM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Dots,
last fall, maybe summer, when we were taking a walk, I told you about that article in the paper about cinnamon too!
You must be distracted. I wonder why?
[Wink]
Lion, the article I read said that having a tsp of cinnamon a day can help your body to process sugar and help ward off type II diabetes -- at least I think that's the explanation. I'm putting it in my (decaf) cappuccino in the a.m. Don't have diabetes, but I want to process those sugars!

#10829 - 05/03/05 04:59 AM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Lionspaaw it also has a property in it that helps the cells open up to the insulin the body makes naturally which in turn helps keep the glucose regular. I put the ground up spice in my morning tea, on toast and/or cereal and it tastes good too. I haven't tried the capsules but am buying some to try on the days I don't feel like eating. [Razz]

#10830 - 05/03/05 06:02 PM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

DJ, I remember now that you mention it.

So let's see... I read about it in a magazine, you told me, AND chatty told me, but it wasn't until my friend gave me the bottle that I decided to give it a try. That's pathetic. I feel as though I was neglecting my daughter. [Frown]

She's taking 4 a day. We go to the doctors this month. We'll see what happens.

#10831 - 02/04/06 06:04 AM Re: Diabetes-cinnamon
Scorpio115 Offline

Loc: New York
Dotsie:
This is long after you wrote the bit on cinnamon but I was checking out this forum because I have Type I diabetes. I take a couple of shots a day. Strangely enough I was diagnosed with this insulin-dependent form of the disease in my early 40's. I'm not doing too well on maintaining my blood sugars even after all these years (15) so I'm willing to try the cinnamon tablets. As I read that your daughter has it, have you found any other tips?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved