The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#10713 - 11/19/04 04:50 PM Re: results
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Pam, I forgot to add that if a mole starts bleeding we should see a doctor.
Sometimes they bleed because they are they arein an area where we shave and have become raised so when we shave we nick the top and they bleed.
Just another thing to watch out for.
smile

#10714 - 11/20/04 12:41 AM Re: results
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Wiard, I had basal cell carcinoma on my back several years ago. Removal went without a hitch and I am considered recovered. My main complaint is that it was smack dab in the middle of my back so I couldn't reach it to change the dressing. Had to ask for daily help. Yuk.

#10715 - 11/23/04 01:21 AM Re: results
Elsielc Offline

Loc: Orange County, CA
Wizard, I've had a basal cell removed from my upper chest 3 times now. First was a scrape and burn, then a surgerical excise. Neither hurt as they numb you first. These are so common with the some worshipping many of us did. I didn't do that, and mine was just above the neckline of my normal blouses. never thought to put sun screen there! now I slather all down my neck and chest area. Good luck to you.

#10716 - 11/25/04 03:35 AM Re: results
Misfire Offline

Loc: Maryland
Wizard --
A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with melanoma 3 years ago. She had a large portion of her left cheek (on her face) removed. I am happy to say that she is fully recovered. If you'd like to talk to her about her experience, I could see if it's OK with her for me to give you her email.

Misfire

#10717 - 11/26/04 06:17 PM Re: results
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Wiz, please keep us posted. I'm praying for ya!

Oh queen, care to tell us about your wilder days. We're all ears...you wild woman you!

Meredith, I can relate to your independence. I noticed it when you were talking about asking for help with your dressings. I am the same way. I'll do it myself...thank you. [Big Grin]

Now I'm not saying I don't like to be pampered, because I do. That's different! [Razz]

[ November 26, 2004, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#10718 - 11/26/04 06:44 PM Re: results
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Honey, I would tell all...but then I'd have to cut out your tongue...

JJ

#10719 - 12/24/04 08:03 AM Re: results
WizardofZA Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
I had the procedure to remove the skin cancer yesterday. It is called Mohs Surgery, which basically involves scraping away tissue as many times as necessary to remove the tumor. Unfortunately, because I had neglected this for so long, I had to have it done six times before they got it all out, and am now sporting a wound the size of a half dollar, which could only be closed by 32 stitches from under my eyelid to down to the lipline. I am fairly certain that plastic surgery is also in my future. I am telling you all this not to complain, because I am grateful that this was the kind of cancer that can be cured and that they got it all. But, I hope anybody that finds a suspicious spot anywhere on their skin will get it checked out IMMEDIATELY, and don't take "don't worry about it" for an answer.

#10720 - 12/23/04 09:06 PM Re: results
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Wiz, Thank you for keeping us up dated. We will continue to pray for a full and miraculous healing.
smile

#10721 - 12/24/04 12:29 AM Re: results
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I'm sure you are glad to have the surgery out of the way! I too had Mohs surgery on my face. From left side of nose down to left side of my mouth - but the surgeon managed to center the incision in my smile line so it's not really that noticeable....yours is a lot longer incision.

Like you, I absolutely would encourage people not to wait to have anything "new" popping up on their skin checked out. I had mine checked out immediately (fortunately) and it was squamous cell not basal which was what I had with my FIRST skin cancer. Mohs is an amazing (and very LOOOOOOONG!!) procedure but allows the surgeon to remove very thin slices of tissue until microscopic examination shows they are beyond the affected area and into healthy tissue.

Wiz I hope that you are forever cancer free! Here's to a HEALTHY future. [Wink]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved