The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 122 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#106939 - 02/08/07 02:13 AM Got Truck?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, any of you gals drive a truck? I've an eye on the Toyota Tundra V-8, double cab. No, can't afford to purchase this year, but will keep an eye on next year's sales. The '07 did not arrive until recently and are selling fast. Though I need to graduate from a sports car to a truck to haul a 2-horse trailer.

What are your preferences for a truck as far as accessories, view, interior, exterior?

I think it would be nice to see the road and not feel as many bumps w/ my present sport suspension.

#106940 - 02/08/07 05:28 AM Re: Got Truck? [Re: ]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
Almost 10 years ago now but I bought a truck. The biggest truck I could buy, short of a more industrial strength duelie suited for hauling mobile homes.

A Dodge Ram, king cab, long bed. It weighed 6,000 lbs and was 20 feet long. I had to order it from the factory, no such truck could be found on the market. I waited 6 months to get it.

It had power nothing. No heated seats, no automatic transmission, no power windows and doorlocks and mirrors, and I ordered it without carpeting (which they installed anyway) so I could hose it out when it got dirty--the kids were always spilling cokes and ice cream in the back. The only option it had was an AM/FM radio.

The thing was a monster and I loved it. It seated 6 people and had room for 8 sheep and a refrigerator in the bed. We gave it to my husband's dad for his landscaping business and it remains a monster on the road to this day. It will run for another 20 years.

Personally, I hate all the fancy electronic gizmos and accouterments on cars. That junk is always breaking down and it costs a fortune to get it repaired wheareas a basic vehicle will just run and run and run.

#106941 - 02/08/07 02:06 PM Re: Got Truck? [Re: mrs_madness]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
We had a Dodge Ram once. Loved it. You might consider a smaller SUV. They can still pull a trailer and you can put all of your neices and nephews in it too.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved