The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 199 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#106910 - 02/10/07 12:33 AM Re: Makeup [Re: chickadee]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
Interestingly enough, a friend told me today that Consumer Reports magazine did an article rating wrinkle reducing creams last month......I looked online and found it:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cu-pr...searchTerm=Olay

They rated Oil Of Olay as one of the best! I KNEW I liked the way that Olay Regenerist stuff works!

#106911 - 02/10/07 01:02 AM Re: Makeup [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
My Mom used oil of olay forever and she had beautiful skin. I used it up until last year. I think I'm going to go back to it again. Thanks for posting the link.

chick

#106912 - 02/10/07 01:32 AM Re: Makeup [Re: chickadee]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I read the link article. Does it always have to be 3 items? I just want a moisturizer. Today I learned that one woman at work pays $16 for her lipstick, another $27 for her mascara. These prices are out of my price range right now. I love Danita's products but they're out of my range too. The price of beauty has gone up. I'm not even looking for beauty. I'm looking to preserve what's left! I'll get one OLAY product.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#106913 - 02/10/07 05:43 AM Re: Makeup [Re: klmr13]
Mercy09 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I love to glamour up! I have a moisturizer routine. Vaseline intensive care lotion. I guess I've used it for 30 or more years now! After the shower face & total body. If I wake up in the night I moisturize hands and face then head back to sleep. I love to go to the MAC counter or store. I use their foundation and blush. I like Mabeline Royal Blue Mascara and have used it since high school. It is my signature look. I have blue eyes and it is a subtle compliment. I love to watch women of all ages and stages at a make-up counter or beauty shop. It is just such a joy to see the body language that results from a little glamour.

#106914 - 02/10/07 06:35 AM Re: Makeup [Re: Mercy09]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Each tester used a product on one side of her face and the lab’s standard moisturizer on the other side for comparison.

Wonder what the "lab's standard moisturizer" was. And, what about the infomercials for the skin products that were developed by dermatologists? Or the ones claiming to have dermatologists involved in the formulations and testings? A couple come to mind - not the product line name, but the infomercials.

#106915 - 02/10/07 11:39 PM Re: Makeup [Re: gims]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Walmart had everything but the Olay Regenerist moisturizer and no Nivea. I read the ingredients on the other Regenerist stuff and they scared me.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#106916 - 02/11/07 01:50 AM Re: Makeup [Re: Saundra]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chick and Dianne, I also use all Arbonne products on my face that I buy from Danita. Ladies, all NABBW women get a discount from Danita. Anyway, prior to using her products, I really had no routine for skin care. Now, I don't think I could live without them. I LOVE their orange line, I forget what's it's called but it makes my skin feel great. I highly recommend those products. I know they're pricey, but that's one way I spoil myself and it feels so good!

I also use Mary Kay hand products that I get from starting over.

I'm sure either of the gals would love to see you soemthing!

#106917 - 02/11/07 05:55 AM Re: Makeup
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Hannelore, I know I should post a pic, and will sooner or later.
Come here to Hawaii, but don't wait too long LOL!

#106918 - 02/11/07 11:43 AM Re: Makeup [Re: diamond50]
Emyjay Offline

I am loving this thread! I also noticed that there wasn't a forum for rating skin care or for make-up tips.

Myself, I have always used a good skincare line. Mary Kay, Clinique, etc. Now I'm a "Philosophy Girl," mainly, but use L'Occitane Shea Butter products, too. It depends upon whether my skin feels dry. I highly recommend L'Occitane's Hand Cream. Excellent.

I buy most of my stuff from Sephoria, but do order from QVC, especially when L'Occitane or Philosophy has a special.

Also, some of the Philosophy products are available in economy sizes on QVC. If you don't like to shop on the air, just go on their web site. Nordstroms also sells Philosophy. Prices are the same at Sephoria and Nordstrom and on QVC, unless there is a special, as I mentioned before.

For eyes: Philosophy's eye creams in the tubes -- I use all three.

As you can tell, I'm more interested in the best "canvas" I can have at age 58. Make-up -- liquid or minerals -- seems to accentuate my laugh lines, frown lines. (Okay, it gets into my little lines and makes them look like wrinkles!) : )

So, I avoid all powders, except I do use a color of
powder eyeshadow I get from Sephoria.

I never leave the house without my Philosophy moisturizers, eyeliner (easy on this) but I'm blond and look like I'm fading away without it; mascara (use Dior - pay for it but it really is nice and worth it); I do my eyebrows - good for lifting the eyes as we age.

Basically, I do my eyes and use a bit of blush and use the same blush on my lips followed by lip gloss. I want an almost natural look.

Thanks so much for the warm up the mascara tip and all of the other great tips offered on this thread!

This is a fun thread!

Emily in Maryland

#106919 - 02/11/07 12:46 PM Re: Makeup [Re: Emyjay]
Emyjay Offline

Oh, I forgot to mention that about five years ago, I discovered how important exfoliation is and how much better my skins absorbs moisturizers when I do this procedure.

I use Philosophy's Micorodelivery Peel once a week - smells like oranges - and every single day, I use St. Eve's mild, Apricot Scrub. This is available at Walmart's and most drug stores.

What a difference exfoliation makes. If dead skin cells are sitting on your skin, how can any moisturizer work? Well, that's how I reasoned out the need to do the peels, etc.

I'm in total agreement with, oh my gosh, a senior moment - can't recall her name - about working on your skin from the inside out.

Gotta eat right, no smoking, no sun (one of my routine moisturizers has a sunscreen), plenty of water and veggies.

Basically, as I age, I just want to look the best I can and I'm having a good time trying. I will spend money on products that work on my skin. That's the key: every body is different, everyone's skin needs what it needs. But, as - oh, is there a memory cream out there - as our friend said, the bottom line is eating healthy and drinking plenty of healthy fluids.

Oh, and I've also heard that putting moisture in your living space is great for the skin. A good humidifier probably is a great beauty investment.

Emily in Maryland

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved