The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 162 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#106900 - 02/09/07 12:52 AM Re: Makeup [Re: gims]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I eat and drink those things, have for years, gimster. Guess what, still aging! I saw a tv news program where they were comparing moisturizers and other face products. They said Olay Regeneris cream was one of the least expensive and one of the best. Anyone tried it before I buy it?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#106901 - 02/09/07 02:32 AM Re: Makeup [Re: Saundra]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Saundra, I've been using the Olay products because they are cheap and easy to come by. I can put them in my cart when I go to Sam's. I don't think it makes a bit of difference, but then I don't know what I would see if I did not use the products. My neck is the worst feature of aging. I drink lots of water.

#106902 - 02/09/07 04:43 AM Re: Makeup [Re: Princess Lenora]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Saundra, of course you are still aging, but what would you be looking like if you hadn't been eating those things for years. You radiate beauty, so you must be doing something right. I can tell when I've been eating poorly. The elasticity in my skin isn't the same. In fact, the skin under my eyes droop when I've eaten junk versus nutritious foods. Of course, genes have a great deal to do with skin condition, too.
I switch between Olay and Nivea moisturizers, Nivea being my fav. I use Olay in the hot summer months, because it doesn't seem to be as heavy. I've not tried the Regeneris, but have thought about it.

Some of you might have seen this Dove online video, if not take a peak...
http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/flat4.asp?id=6909
They have a new one coming out with 5 or 6 women over 50 bearing their bodies.

Editing to add 'found it', the link to the new Dove pro`age ad with women over 50:
http://www.doveproage.com/?source=dove_a

Edited by gimster (02/09/07 05:22 AM)

#106903 - 02/09/07 06:22 AM Re: Makeup [Re: klmr13]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Quote:

Did you ever try electric curlers, Orchid? I find they're quicker than a curling iron (and a little less damaging to our hair because there is sort of a cushion on each curler). My hair is really straight...ugh.

Haven't tried electric rollers..it just looks like too much work/time. I spend 8 min. in early morning with curling iron. It's just before 5:00 am when I'm doing my hair.

I have noticed because of gradual sun exposure even despite sun bloc, my face skin has grown darker enough that it is abit of a challenge to find a brightening blusher without it looking garish or too dark, as if someone slapped me across the cheekbone.

I do have straight hair, but thankfully it's fine and there's lots of it. It grows fast...so a good, chic haircut is the best beauty thing I could do to uplift my whole face. Enough that alot of guys at work will notice and compliment when I get a haircut. And this is possible..with absolutely no makeup. No I don't have smooth, flawless skin. I've reached a point where keeping fit and maintaining healthy weight is far more important.

Believe me, when the nerd-girl from decades ago, discovers a sport she loves, makeup fades in importance.

#106904 - 02/09/07 08:58 AM Re: Makeup [Re: orchid]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
I am 50, but I easily pass for 25-30 according to
those who meet me for the first time, such as last night
when my middle daughter's new boyfriend met me for the first time.
They are each 33.

My routine:

If it is just a regular day, I only use stick foundation and
lip gloss. I hate goopy liquid foundations and my lips are a
natural mauve which a good gloss enhances.

If I have somewhere special to go to, or an evening event, then
I actually use some smoky plum or chocolate eyeshadow by MAC.

I have not used mascara in 22 years. Instead, artfully applied
smoky eyeshadow and brown Colorstay eyeliner will do the trick.
If I really want to have some fun, or am going to be on camera
then I put on false eyelashes. When on sale in Hawaii, the good
brand is just a dollar and it is so easy to apply.

If I use lipstick, I tend to use berry colors.

Eyebrows...I don't do a thing to them as they seem just right and
I wear wispy bangs just touching the top of them, so they really
do not need enhancement.

Under the eyes...I rarely line the lower lids because that only
draws attention to any possible flaws under the eye.

I use Avon and Neutrogena eye creams when necessary.

I love browsing the make-up departments tho!

Cindy

#106905 - 02/09/07 07:51 PM Re: Makeup [Re: diamond50]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Tim Allen said his wife spends a lot of time plucking her eyebrows and then, fills in the space again with eyebrow pencil. He's so funny.

I get so many free samples from my husband's profession so I'm not sure what has worked and what hasn't. Right now I'm using Arbonne and very happy with it. Mary Kay is wonderful also.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#106906 - 02/09/07 09:12 PM Re: Makeup [Re: Dianne]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Clinique has a pore minimizer that I use on one spot on my face. I have ONE large pore, can you believe it. Someone posted about large pores, so I thought I'd mention it.

I have long hair and I don't brush or comb it until it is completely dry. No damage to ends that way. I use a lot of conditioner.

chick

#106907 - 02/09/07 09:42 PM Re: Makeup [Re: chickadee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Whaaaat? diamond 50? You are 50 and people think you are 25?
Can you post a picture of yourself? Let's see! Let's see!!!!

I can guarantee you all, how you can get tons of compliments on your looks, within minutes! Just add at least 10 more years to your age.

#106908 - 02/09/07 11:25 PM Re: Makeup [Re: Edelweiss]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Again, Hannelore, you're too much! Gimster, I got some bad genes from both parents. Nothing I can do about it. But you're right, who knows how bad it could be if we didn't try all the gunk we try. I'm going to Walmart (I know) tomorrow after work and will buy the OLAY and check out Nivea. Thanks. I love the Dove commercials. Real Women! Chick, ONE pore? Are you sure?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#106909 - 02/09/07 11:57 PM Re: Makeup [Re: Saundra]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
One LARGE pore, the rest are smaller than that ONE, but they are there.
I use moisturizer that I purchased from our Danita.

chick

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved