The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 175 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#106880 - 02/07/07 10:39 PM Makeup
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
I just noticed that we don't have a topic for beauty so I'll post here.

I have been wearing makeup since I was a teen. I enjoy making myself up for any occassion from day wear to glamour wear.

I'd like to share a couple of ideas with you and maybe you can do the same for me. You may already know these but I thought I'd share anyway.

I fingertip my foundation and use a large fluffy brush to blend from forehead to neck. It makes my face look flawless and is very gentle, unlike fingers rubbing it in.

I apply my lipliner as soon as I finish showering. I brush my teeth BEFORE I shower and my lips are soft, pliable and less wrinkled?;) so there is no bleeding and I fill in the blank space later on. Then I daba bit of shine in center of lower lip, then loose powder so my lipstick stays set for hours.

I use an eyelash curler, always have and thanks to a dear friend, found a way to make it work better. Heat the rubber with your hairdryer before using. Works like a curling iron.

Use orajel if you find tweezing painful.

Dust applied eyeliner with like eyeshadow colour to prevent running later in day.

I always use loose powder as my almost final touch all over. Lastly, I give the second coat of Mascara.

Almost forgot... sharpen all pencils before each use.

Voila, I'm done.

Care to share? Love to know your secrets.

chick

Edited by chickadee (02/07/07 11:00 PM)

#106881 - 02/07/07 10:51 PM Re: Makeup [Re: chickadee]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks for the ideas. I have never heard of the lipliner right after the shower before. I will try it tommorow morning!

I have worn makeup since I was a teen, too, and seldom go a day without. I never leave the house without at least some makeup - foundation, mascara, blush and a touch of lipstick. I feel so much better when made up a bit.

My tips:

I warm my mascara up before putting it on. A glass of warm water, or (don't get grossed out here - remember mascara is in a closed tube) by putting it in my armpit while I put on my foundation.

I use eyeshadow as an eyeliner for under my eyes, it doesn't run.

I use eye cream on my lips under lipstick. It is a wonderful moisturizer and I seldom have chapped lips.

And, it is not makeup, but I always use a leave in conditioner before drying my hair to prevent damage.

Ann

#106882 - 02/07/07 11:05 PM Re: Makeup [Re: Anno]
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
These are all great tips! I don't wear much makeup any more. But when I do, I use liquid foundation applied with a damp makeup sponge. Makes it look sheer and 'dewy'.

After the loose powder, I spritz water on my face to help everything 'set.'
http://sablewings.wordpress.com/

#106883 - 02/07/07 11:15 PM Re: Makeup [Re: Anno]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
I use very little make-up.
I can't say enough about the mineral foundations, tho. I use L'Oréal Paris Bare Naturale. It takes sooooo little and looks sooooo natural.
Immediately after I get out of the shower, when my pores are open, I apply moisturizer. By the time I've detangled my hair, swabbed my ears and applied deodorant, the moisturizer has become part of my face and I can apply the powder foundation. Over that, I put a touch of blush under my cheekbones.
I apply eyeliner pencil and a bit of mascara and I'm good to go.
Occasionally I use a tinted gloss; seldom do I use lip color.
Call me a plain jane if you want... I like simplicity.
The tips are good ones tho, especially the under the arm one... I think I'll do it to see if my DH notices... lol.

#106884 - 02/08/07 12:55 AM Re: Makeup [Re: gims]
CrosstitchQueen Offline

Loc: Sanford, Florida
I don't wear make-up all the time (I go to the gym 6 mornings per week and there is absolutely NO point in putting on make-up before that as I'd just sweat it off) but I do wear it when we go out or if I'm going someplace with my gal pals or whatever.
I apply moisturizer as soon as I get out of the shower......face first, and then body. I apply an eye cream first, then I use a regenerating serum on my face followed by a moisturizer with sunscreen. By the time I've dried my hair, face is ready to apply makeup. I LOVE Vital Radiance smoothing eye primer.....just a tiny dab before applying eye shadow makes the eyeshadow last all day, and it doesn't end up all in the crease of my eye....it actually stays put! Also like their under-eye concealer.....it has a hyrdator you apply first and then a concealer. I swear it hides under eye shadows very well.
Then a light touch with eye-shadow,and a little eye-liner (I like Cover Girl eyeliner that's like a fine point magic marker, I can get a really thin line with it, and I like the charcoal grey color, with my coloring). Mascara, which I apply, then go over my lashes to seperate them even more with a little spooly brush. A touch of blush on both cheekbones, and I also like the mineral foundations. I tend to be tan year round and I like the Neutrogena bronzer mineral foundation. Just a little bit and it leaves a very natural yet smooth looking finish.
I like the Sally Hansen lip plumper (not so much for the way it plumps lips -- I really can't tell that it does that so much.......as the way it looks and feels) and then a touch of colored lipstick, right now my favorite is a Revlon lipstick.
On days when I don't wear make-up (most of the time!) I still use the eye cream, regenerating serum, and moisturizer. I swear by the regenerating serum, my skin is much smoother than it used to be. Usually I use Olay regenerating serum but I recently got a sample of Patricia Wexler's serum from Bath and Body works and that stuff is fabulous........I may have to switch permanently after I use up my bottle of Olay.

#106885 - 02/08/07 01:00 AM Re: Makeup [Re: CrosstitchQueen]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I've never felt comfortable in make up. Always feel like I look like I'm playing dress up. I only do eyebrows and eyelashes. Don't need a lash curling thing cause mine are okay, just too light. I need a good moisturizer. Everyone says to use one but never say which one. Any suggestions?

#106886 - 02/08/07 03:27 AM Re: Makeup [Re: Saundra]
Pam R. Offline

I use Clinque makeup and moisturizer. The one in the yellow square bottle!

I am looking for a good revitalizer for wrinkles!! Never thought I would become so vein but I don't like the circles and wrinkles under my 58 year old eyes!! What do you girls use? Some are very, very expensive. Do you believe all the commercials and ads in magazines? I need a referrel from someone using a good one. Help please!

#106887 - 02/08/07 06:53 AM Re: Makeup [Re: Pam R.]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
I only wear makeup maybe less than 20 times per year now. And for me, after using moisturizer, it's foundation, blusher and lipstick. I dislike wearing mascara: my eyes feel more tired. I do curl my hair everyday with a curling iron. I no longer want a perm to ruin the deepness of my black hair.

actually I will wear abit of lipgloss when I cycle for hours or snowshoe/walk around...alot in the sun. Just a convenient lip protector.

#106888 - 02/08/07 10:21 AM Re: Makeup [Re: orchid]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Did you ever try electric curlers, Orchid? I find they're quicker than a curling iron (and a little less damaging to our hair because there is sort of a cushion on each curler). My hair is really straight...ugh.

#106889 - 02/08/07 10:29 AM Re: Makeup [Re: klmr13]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
I bought Avon's Anew Alternative Intensive Eye Cream for lightening the circles under my eyes a few weeks ago...I don't know whether it's just my imagination, but it does seem to be working!

No offense to regular Avon Ladies, but I always buy my Avon stuff from Avon Ladies on eBay and purchase the products for about half the catalog price.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved